Your Email Address:

First Name:

How to arrange "group" meetups and HCL supplements

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
thissux
Advanced

How to arrange "group" meetups and HCL supplements

Post by thissux »

Hi all,

I would like to see about setting up a group meeting - as many as we can in a public setting to see if any of us can pick up on each others bad breath. We can't all have the same smell/bacteria correct? I saw the facebook page but I don't want to put my pictures and information on there. Any solutions to that?
I have now been off Prilosec for about a week. I do not feel any worse for having done so, maybe slight acid rebound. I have ordered HCL tablets but many people caution me about taking these.
I also just had a tooth extraction (the abcsessed root canal/crown tooth) and I am on Amoxicillin. I am hopeful this will help my issue. If I have one, yet I am sure I do - I always get nose rubs, touches etc.Some days are better than others. I saw my therapist today and she said "no odor".
I think a group meet up would be awesome because many of us probably have different causes and perhaps some of us do not have bad breath but we just haven't had the resources to check this and are suffering needlessly. On my recent meet up, we could not smell each other at ALL. I would say their breath was pleasant if anything, I did not see reactions or nose rubs to them. I live in central Florida. Thanks! I just want to get on with my life as it was someday.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I was thinking today.. how researchers who study bad breath pay random volunteers to sniff and score bad breath. If you manage to get a meetup arranged, I wonder if it would be an idea to find out whether you could pay a group of such volunteers?

My nephew went to uni and he said cash-starved students often volunteer to participate in these sorts of trials. They'd have no reason to lie and if someone has bad breath they would have no reason not to be able to smell it.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

That is a great idea Halitosisux! I live near a large college. I wonder how this could be set up. Where the people smelling the breath could not see the people concerned with bb and could make a few bucks for doing this? I wonder if I called the college if they would be open to something like that. Ideas anyone? I am in Central Florida. At this forum, I think we could at least come up with an idea like this to determine what we are each dealing with....forget Mr. Therabreath and his machine. What do you all think?
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

I think all of us, as a whole should try to formulate a way to run such tests. Halitosisux - this is a great idea you have.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Good luck with that!
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

We could just build up some kind of cardboard or wood set up with a side for the tester and one for the breather, paper and pen for scale rating and scent description, perhaps have 5 to 10 testers per person. They would never have to meet face to face. BTW, why can't we smell each other? I think that is crazy. We don't all have the same bad breath I'm sure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic