Your Email Address:

First Name:

Ive made a new friend

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
DanielPine
Advanced
Ive made a new friend

Post by DanielPine »

Hi, theres this new guy at school. He doesnt seem to be too bothered by me bad breath. In class we dont sit next to eachother, weve had this unsaid mutual agreement that we dont becuase of my BB. At lunch and recess we talk a lot and we have a lot in common. This is all fine and dandy. But he recently told me that he smokes weed. I was interested and I asked if he could get me a joint. He was ok with it, so hes getting me one next week for free. Im not sure how this will impact my BB. I know it will have a temporary affect, as all smoking does. But do you think it could permanently make it worse?

stulla

Post by stulla »

Based on my experience it will make it worse.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Based on your terms "lunch" and "recess", I'm going to assume you're relatively young?

It kinda sounds like the guy may have detected a weakness or vulnerability and might try to take advantage of you, by offering a lil something here, a lil this there, until soon enough, you'll be asking and paying for it. It's weed now, later it's "hey my friend, I've got something that can take a bit more edge off of it, dude I understand how hard it is, this will help you relax"

I wouldn't go there. Unsaid mutual agreement? That means you don't know what his angle is. He doesn't speak to you.
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

I asked him for the weed, he didnt offer it to me. My question remains, will it permanently make my BB worse? or will it just have no affect or a temprary affect
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

So you want to smoke weed only to see what impact will it have on your bb? Dont get me wrong or anything but i think thats silly idea.. I can tell you how it will work, i did it few times with my friends but it was because of fun nothing else especially not because of my bb.. And yes i felt bb free at the moment who knows why, i was wondering for some time (dry mouth and everything and no bb) and still i dont know why but that was it, the day after i was still little dry (the same is with alcohol) bb came back as usual maybe a little diferent cause of drynes but definitely not permanently, at least not in my case. So to conclude this, if youre doing it because of that, dont.
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

I think of youve got me wrong. I wanted the weed cause I wanted to try it, as i havent done it before. I was just wondering what impact it would have on my BB
deebo

Post by deebo »

no one here should advocate weed to any minor. Unless its legal where you are or for medical reasons ,no one should .
With that said , there are plenty of sites like Erowid.org with 1000s of user reviews on the effects of every drug out there.
I smoke from time to time. It certainly doesn't help bb , my mouth becomes dry and I usually get a bit anxious in any social setting . The fact that its burnt and smoked into the lungs like cigarettes can't be good for breath odor (not sure about vaporizing or edible).

If you're looking to have a common bond with a new friend , this has been a way to bond for centuries . It can be habit forming and as you know ,it is not legal . For curiosity ,read up on it .
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

There were times when I actually turned to weed to deal with the strwess of bb, during those times I didnt post to the forum because I knew it wasnt fair or right to be proclaiming to be finding a cure even though I was smoking.
With that being said, weed, made my breath 100 times worse, it makes your breath stinkier especially if smoken in cigar wraps and makes it travel farther. It will not do anything to help at all. You might feel like if you smoke it will mask your bad breath and everyone will just think its the weed and not because you have bad breath, but its not true. I know people that smoke weed, cigaretts, rotten teeth, and drink beer and they do not have even a pinch of bad breath. Do not smoke, It will completely dry your mouth and give you an extra white tongue. Im glad I was able to get over my anxiety without it. Medical marijuana is a crock. I have a sister who got terribly addicted just from the same circumstance. All it took was 1 friend to show some interest and get her started and she was addicted for a very long time. Marijuana addiction is just as bad as any other drug addiction. DONT DO IT PLEASE
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

will it have a permanent effect?
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

If you already have a tongue coating it will definately make it thicker and you will definately gain more anaerobic (bad) bacteria from drying your mouth. Im telling you now, marijuana is highly addictive, especially for people that are anxiety ridden and alone like us.
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

\:D/ I really appreciate your advice. But I just want to know, if it will have a permanent affect on my BB. I want to try it once. It is a big part of my generation and my life, everyone around me does it and I dont see the problem with trying it once
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Permanent effect?
What kind of permanent effect are you possibly hoping for?
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

Negative permanent affect
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It's like asking whether jumping from a 3rd floor window will have any permanent negative effect. In most cases it will, in a very few cases it won't.

You've been given plenty of good reasons why you shouldn't do it. Why would you want to risk something like this when you are already so vulnerable. You are young and you have a good family behind you and every chance of discovering what's causing your BB. But if you want to squander your advantages then that's up to you.

As far as any beneficial effects on BB, it might alter your digestion in some way or your hydration. But even if it did, it's never going to be permanent or lasting or worth the associated risks. There's other ways to pinpoint what might be wrong with you without having to risk turning your head into a mush in the process
stulla

Post by stulla »

Honestly dude I dont think you should do it. Its not for every one,some people get addicted and cant handle it and some can control it.You might try it once and get hooked. Also it depends on the type you get. Now a days these strains have all kinds of fertilizers and checmicals which could make it worse for you.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic