Your Email Address:

First Name:

kissing?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
unsungzero7
Junior

kissing?

Post by unsungzero7 »

What kind of reactions do you guys get when kissing someone w/out bb? I think when I am drinking the person doesn't mind as much because they usually have been drinking too and it kind of cancels each other out, but when sober i notice things more (like tasting my breath on her), does this happen to anyone else??

noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Actually I thought her breath stank a little but it wasnt very bad. Then I learned that you can smell your own breath on other people's breath ](*,)
unsungzero7
Junior

Post by unsungzero7 »

ya thats what im saying, when i noticed it was the same taste w different girls i realized it is me
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

well, unfortunately in my case, my bb is contagious. so i can't really kiss anyone anymore. :(

there have been people who didn't react at all, and then some people just stopped kissing me after noticing my breath, i guess. my current partner doesn't mind - i'm the one who doesn't want to kiss knowing that my germs are contagious.
yogs

Post by yogs »

my bb is contagious
WFR,
how do u know?
Could you explain please.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

because the people that i've kissed, in particular partners in long term relationships, would have my breath after a while. how long it takes depends on the individual. sometimes days, sometimes they'd smell like me but then as soon as they eat or drink it goes away. but for others it takes as many as weeks or months for the smell to go away (long term partners). so far i haven't permanently tainted anyone, thank god, but i don't want that to happen. so i try to refrain from kissing as much as i can.

i don't think my germs used to be so bad - they got stronger and stronger over the years. i used to be able to enjoy kissing. and i didn't use to always infect everyone. and it used to always take a much longer time for my odor to appear on the other person's breath, when it did transfer.

it doesn't seem like it's even that common for bb to be contagious even amongst us....
KC
Junior

Post by KC »

Finally there are somebody has the same thought as I. I do think my bb is also contagious to certain people. But I'm not sure I can tell more here coz it sounds ridiculous to some people. Probably most bb sufferers think it doesn't happen to them so its totally nonsense and another thing is once the public knows its contagious, we will get more trouble.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Yeah I could attest to that theory coz two girlfriend of mine had it for days. I also remember that a lot of my friends had bb at almost the same period that I had mine. The difference is that their bb disappeared after a few weeks but mine stayed with me for 13 years. I think we have a different type of bacteria.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

dunno, have never kissed a girl, hardly even hugged.
oneway

Post by oneway »

The first relationship I had lasted two years and my breath was pretty bad then. Towards the end of the two years the guy's breath became worse and I wonder if any of my bacteria transfered to him. Other guys I kissed I don't think I transfered anything because they were short term relationships although there was one guy who had pretty bad breath and after we kissed my breath would get worse for a couple of days. With my fiance, luckily he has been resistant so far, almost 4 years now. My breath has improved a lot in the last 5 months or so like I posted on another thread. Another thing I noticed is that my fiance's tongue is smooth and pink like a dog and he never brushes his tongue or anything. Lucky guy!
mel rosenberg
Total Newbie

can malodor-associated bacteria be transferred by kissing?

Post by mel rosenberg »

I've often been asked that question over the years. When we kiss, we do transfer bacteria, but since each of us has a more-or-less stable bacterial composition in our mouths, the chance that new microbes will gain a foothold is rather small in my opinion. Having said that, there are a few kinds of bacteria, related to gum disease, that can be transferred "horizontally", for example by kissing. Since kissing is fun, my suggestion is to do it after, rather than before a meal, after practicing good oral hygiene, and in that manner cutting down the number of bacteria transferred by a factor of 10 or 100. If your partner has oral odor him/herself, that's another matter. You might want to tell him or her in a gentle fashion. I've written a lot on cutting down odors that come from the mouth itself.
Again, regarding the ability to smell yourself through kissing, licking your wrist, touching your tonsils, the results are likely to be very subjective. The insides of our mouths do have an odor, since they are necessarily covered by microorganisms. When you poke your finger into your tonsils, gums, or smell a tonsillolith, you get a whiff of very concentrated material that others may not notice at all. That's why it's important to get a 'confidan't that you can discuss the problem with to get more objective feedback.
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

I am really surprise hearing that BB is contagious. Maybe it happens in some cases. My experience is that all my boyfriends never had BB although we had a long relationship. I was luck that none of them gave up of me because of my BB. Now I am marriage and my husband smells my BB time to time, not always. I think he just cannot smell it for some reason. He told me that if I had constant BB in the begging of our relationship, he will not marry me. When I suspect that people are reacting my BB, he does not sometimes. So, I really think he cannot smell it all the time. As for him, he has just normal morning BB sometimes and that is. Luck him!
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

Iris wrote:I am really surprise hearing that BB is contagious. Maybe it happens in some cases. My experience is that all my boyfriends never had BB although we had a long relationship. I was luck that none of them gave up of me because of my BB. Now I am marriage and my husband smells my BB time to time, not always. I think he just cannot smell it for some reason. He told me that if I had constant BB in the begging of our relationship, he will not marry me. When I suspect that people are reacting my BB, he does not sometimes. So, I really think he cannot smell it all the time. As for him, he has just normal morning BB sometimes and that is. Luck him!
Yea when I talk to one of my family members for instance, they would only sometimes react to my breath. But this seems to be random. If I suddenly talk to one of em while that person is watching tv or something, it's like that person doesn't expect it, like he/she wasn't prepared for it. That's the times I get most of the reactions. Other times when I talk to someone they would only most of the times touch their noses or look at me in a disgusted way or whatever reaction u can think of. Let's say if I open my mouth about 10 times, they would react like 8 times. The other 2 times they seem to be holding their breath, but I can't really tell if they are.

There's only one person who's really honest with me when I ask him about my bb. Other persons don't really seem to care or are too afraid that they might hurt my feelings.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

it definitely makes sense that bad breath is slightly contagious..

that bacteria just persists in the other person for a short while until their superior mouth can vanquish it..

but i'm wondering.. if bad breath bacteria can be contagious, i wonder if fresh breath bacteria might be contageous as well.. maybe if we gargle the saliva of someone with really fresh breath every day for a week, we'll be cured! :-k
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

mike987 wrote:it definitely makes sense that bad breath is slightly contagious..

that bacteria just persists in the other person for a short while until their superior mouth can vanquish it..

but i'm wondering.. if bad breath bacteria can be contagious, i wonder if fresh breath bacteria might be contageous as well.. maybe if we gargle the saliva of someone with really fresh breath every day for a week, we'll be cured! :-k
actually when my breath wasn't as bad as now, whenever i kissed someone who had very good breath, my breath would be sweetened as well. By now, i can actually tell by a prospective sexual partner whether they're susceptible to bb just by smelling their breath. if someone's breath smells REALLY good, (you know how some people just have fresh-smelling breath no matter what?) or if their breath is slightly not fresh, but it's not halitosis either?

the latter is the kind who would get my breath very easily, and would have a hard time getting rid of it. also, my breath tends to get worse kissing someone like that. perhaps it's because i'm getting whatever germs that they have already in addition to what i have.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic