Your Email Address:

First Name:

Murat Aydin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
telpar
Junior
Re: Murat Aydin

Post by telpar »

aydinmur wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:53 pm Yes I have developed a very good foırmulation and given to a company free of charge.
But the company rightly does not enjoy to my disclose its formulation.
Dear Dr. Murat,
you are absolutely right, but I did not intend to know the formulation of Halitosil Zn. I was vaguely referring to a formulation (even just water and zinc chloride) that might work.
But I understand very well the reasons for your answer and I renew my apologies.

In the meantime, I have found a commercial mouthwash containing zinc chloride.
I write the wording. Could you give me your opinion on this? What do you think, could it be of some help in case of type 1 halitosis?

Ghana3

Post by Ghana3 »

telpar wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:52 am
aydinmur wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:53 pm Yes I have developed a very good foırmulation and given to a company free of charge.
But the company rightly does not enjoy to my disclose its formulation.
Dear Dr. Murat,
you are absolutely right, but I did not intend to know the formulation of Halitosil Zn. I was vaguely referring to a formulation (even just water and zinc chloride) that might work.
But I understand very well the reasons for your answer and I renew my apologies.

In the meantime, I have found a commercial mouthwash containing zinc chloride.
I write the wording. Could you give me your opinion on this? What do you think, could it be of some help in case of type 1 halitosis?

It contains xylitol which is alcohol derivates, u can get zinc chloride powder on amazon & mix it with water Then you for Your zinc chloride mouthwash, I tried it, it didnt affect my halitosis so in case is not type 1; but i know that dr murat wrote somewhere that xylitol is not recommanded for halitosis
telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

It contains xylitol which is alcohol derivates, u can get zinc chloride powder on amazon & mix it with water Then you for Your zinc chloride mouthwash, I tried it, it didnt affect my halitosis so in case is not type 1; but i know that dr murat wrote somewhere that xylitol is not recommanded for halitosis
Hi Ghana,
thanks. I think you're right, it contains alcohol derivates.

How do you know that "it didn't affect" your halitosis?
You can't autoevaluate your halitosis...
Ghana3

Post by Ghana3 »

telpar wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:08 am
Hi Ghana,
thanks. I think you're right, it contains alcohol derivates.

How do you know that "it didn't affect" your halitosis?
You can't autoevaluate your halitosis...
I did a before/after test with my brother & close friend, no significant difference noted.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Hi Telpar, Very good questions again. Thank you.
As a general rule for the chemical formulation of each mouthwash used for halitosis:

1- lesser chemical is better. More indrigent is more problem

2-
Only these 4 zinc compound is effective on halitosis

-

zinc acetate

- zinc gluconate

- zinc chloride

- zinc lactate

Other zinc compounds (zn-citrate, zn-oxyde etc) are not preferred

3- alkalin pH is not good. We need slightly acid mouthwash.

4- none of alcohols are desirable. Ethanol, or ethyl alcohol is not the unique alcohol. But Metanol, Butanol, Propanol, xylitol, Ojenol, Phenol, Sorbitol, Glycol, Menthol, Eucalyptol, Tymol, Mannitol are a alcohol. They are undesirable due to They provide fuel for bacterial growth.

5- We dont need antimicrobial in halitosis mouthwash. chlorohecxidine, cethyl piridium chloride or any antimicrobials are Undesirable.

6- No need detergents

7- sweetener, flavoring, aroma and coloring are not wanted. They provide fuel for bacterial growth.

8- NaClO2 and acide borique prevent odor formation like zinc salts.

9- No need vitamins, probiotics, antioxidans, herbal oils bla bla. Most of them can not be absorbed by the mucosal barriers and they can be fuel for bacteria.

Now we can give decide about the formulation for this mouthwash.
It contains, alcohols (xylitol, glycol, menthol), detergent (SLS), amd a lot of unnnecessary elememts. Not preferred for halitosis.
telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

aydinmur wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:05 am Hi Telpar, Very good questions again. Thank you.
As a general rule for the chemical formulation of each mouthwash used for halitosis:

1- lesser chemical is better. More indrigent is more problem

2-
Only these 4 zinc compound is effective on halitosis

-

zinc acetate

- zinc gluconate

- zinc chloride

- zinc lactate

Other zinc compounds (zn-citrate, zn-oxyde etc) are not preferred

3- alkalin pH is not good. We need slightly acid mouthwash.

4- none of alcohols are desirable. Ethanol, or ethyl alcohol is not the unique alcohol. But Metanol, Butanol, Propanol, xylitol, Ojenol, Phenol, Sorbitol, Glycol, Menthol, Eucalyptol, Tymol, Mannitol are a alcohol. They are undesirable due to They provide fuel for bacterial growth.

5- We dont need antimicrobial in halitosis mouthwash. chlorohecxidine, cethyl piridium chloride or any antimicrobials are Undesirable.

6- No need detergents

7- sweetener, flavoring, aroma and coloring are not wanted. They provide fuel for bacterial growth.

8- NaClO2 and acide borique prevent odor formation like zinc salts.

9- No need vitamins, probiotics, antioxidans, herbal oils bla bla. Most of them can not be absorbed by the mucosal barriers and they can be fuel for bacteria.

Now we can give decide about the formulation for this mouthwash.
It contains, alcohols (xylitol, glycol, menthol), detergent (SLS), amd a lot of unnnecessary elememts. Not preferred for halitosis.

Dear Dr. Murat,
thank you so much for your answer.
It's very kind of you. .
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Some week ago I've read the abstract of this reserach dated 2002 (unfortunately the full text is in japanese language).
https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... al_Malodor

The researcher states that "The results of this study demonstrate that 0.1,Vozinc chloride mouthwash is effective for oral malodor. Accordingly, it is reasonable to expect that a mouthwash such as 0.1'% zinc chloride will be available in the domestic market."

I'm not sad because it's been 20 years and there is still no effective mouthwash available (except in turkey, thanks to you).
I am sad that after 20 years, dentists and doctors still continue to prescribe ineffective treatments, mouthwashes that cause halitosis, and ask for money for unnecessary expensive treatments.

Dr. Murat, in many countries, such as Italy, medical expenses are partially free.
It would be interesting to calculate the cost to the community of all unnecessary examinations, prescribed by doctors, to identify extraoral pathologies that cause halitosis, when many times the cause would be easily identifiable with a good examination of the mouth and the prescription of a suitable therapy.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

telpar wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:36 am .....It would be interesting to calculate the cost to the community of all unnecessary examinations, prescribed by doctors, to identify extraoral pathologies that cause halitosis, when many times the cause would be easily identifiable with a good examination of the mouth and the prescription of a suitable therapy.

Yes, 10,000,000 $ is paid for anti-halitosis products every year on the world (Bollen CML, 2012).
telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

Dear Dr. Murat,

I have another question for you :)

We know that halitosis has many possible causes. Some of them are really common. So the question is, why do some develop bad breath and others don't?

For example: concha bullosa is a very common anatomical variant. But it rarely causes bad breath. We know this because if every person with concha bulosa had chronic bad breath, we would have the ENT clinic full of people waiting for a surgeon.

Another example: Acid reflux and nasal drip are very common, but they rarely cause bad breath. I could go on: asthma, allergies, food intolerances. And so on.

Why does the same condition cause bad breath in some people and not others?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

The reason is same but answer of the body is different
We well know smoking is a reason of larynx cancer. Some people who smoke have cancer but some others have not, even they smoke for same duration.
Yersinia, Escherischia, Shigella is a bacterium that causes enteritis even some people who are healthy carry this bacterium in their gut.
This is because, answer of the body is different for the same stimulant.
telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

Dear Dr Murat,

I have another question for you. This is the last for a long time, I swear :)

It's the most important question I have. I have also carefully read your textbook.

In halitosis type 1, is always possibile to fix the ecology?
Zinc product are a cure for a short time or in many case they're necessary for all the life?

This question is important because if the answer is that sometimes is not possible to fix completely the ecology, than it means that some of us could have halitosis type 1 and be unable to manage it because the lack of the necessary product.

This is my case, I suppose and I hope.
Because many dentists told me I don't have issue teeth. Because when I insert a piece of ice in my mouth the taste I feel disappear. Because when I have my mouth closed I don't feel halitosis odor.
Because after brushing my scrotal tongue I have a relief.

So could I to be a patient with halitosis 1 that just need of a long term therapy based on zinc product therapy because of my scrotal tongue?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

telpar wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:55 am Dear Dr Murat, I have another question for you. This is the last for a long time, I swear :) It's the most important question I have.
Hi telpar,
Before all, sorry for my late response I have written a textbook, just new submitted it to the printing house for printing. Now Im free.
I have also carefully read your textbook.
Really? surprise for me
Zinc product are a cure for a short time or in many case they're necessary for all the life?
This question is important because if the answer is that sometimes is not possible to fix completely the ecology, than it means that some of us could have halitosis type 1 and be unable to manage it because the lack of the necessary product.

To fix oral ecology is not always possible. For example long bridges can not be eonugh cleaned, nausea reflex prevents tongue cleaning, dry mouth, tight teeth, habits of keeping mouth open while breathing ie..
This is my case, I suppose and I hope. Because many dentists told me I don't have issue teeth. Because when I insert a piece of ice in my mouth the taste I feel disappear. Because when I have my mouth closed I don't feel halitosis odor. Because after brushing my scrotal tongue I have a relief.
So could I to be a patient with halitosis 1 that just need of a long term therapy based on zinc product therapy because of my scrotal tongue?
Yes these show you have type 1 halitosis. However one person may have more than one halitosis types. such as type 1+2 or type 1+5, type 1+2+4.
By the way, 4 of zinc salts catch and collaps odorous gases, they do not cure. However they can be safely used for years.
-Murat Aydin
Crazyred91

Post by Crazyred91 »

Hi mr murat i have a question regarding teeth roots getting inside the maxillary sinus - my roots are pretty high up in the sinus but ct shows no real infection or stuck mucus - but could the roots still be a problem in the sinus and cause pnd and bad breath?
My bb got worse after a professional teeth cleaning so maybe it opened up a bigger connection to the sinus...

Thank you!
telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

aydinmur wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:30 pm
telpar wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:55 am Dear Dr Murat, I have another question for you. This is the last for a long time, I swear :) It's the most important question I have.
Hi telpar,
Before all, sorry for my late response I have written a textbook, just new submitted it to the printing house for printing. Now Im free.
I have also carefully read your textbook.
Really? surprise for me

To fix oral ecology is not always possible. For example long bridges can not be eonugh cleaned, nausea reflex prevents tongue cleaning, dry mouth, tight teeth, habits of keeping mouth open while breathing ie..
This is my case, I suppose and I hope. Because many dentists told me I don't have issue teeth. Because when I insert a piece of ice in my mouth the taste I feel disappear. Because when I have my mouth closed I don't feel halitosis odor. Because after brushing my scrotal tongue I have a relief.
Yes these show you have type 1 halitosis. However one person may have more than one halitosis types. such as type 1+2 or type 1+5, type 1+2+4.
By the way, 4 of zinc salts catch and collaps odorous gases, they do not cure. However they can be safely used for years.
-Murat Aydin
Your textbook was a very enjoyable read, and I learned a lot of things.
I guess you wrote it for students, dentists and doctors, not for patients. But I think it is also a useful reading for those suffering from halitosis. In this way you avoid unnecessary expenses for ineffective products and perhaps you can also evaluate the quality of the medical service you receive.

I will buy your next book. I hope it will also be translated into English. Not for my need, but to favor its maximum diffusion.
On YouTube I have seen many videos of dentists and dental hygienists talking about halitosis. They don't know the pathology.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Crazyred91 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:06 pm but could the roots still be a problem in the sinus and cause pnd and bad breath? My bb got worse after a professional teeth cleaning so maybe it opened up a bigger connection to the sinus...
Sorry for late response
- If there is not an infection then, roots inside the sinus cavity does not cause halitosis
- Teeth cleaning does not cause to open connection between sinus and mouth
- I have doubts whether halitosis causes postnasal drip (pnd) or pnd causes halitosis

Murat Aydin
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

telpar wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:03 am I hope it will also be translated into English. Not for my need, but to favor its maximum diffusion. On YouTube I have seen many videos of dentists and dental hygienists talking about halitosis. They don't know the pathology.

This time it is difficult to read all. :)
It is 63 chapters, 950 pages, 16x24x8 cm. Not English.
Here its content:

Chapter num#- TITLE OF the Chapter
1 MOUTH AND BREATH ODOR IN HISTORY AND TODAY
2 DEFINITION, CLASSIFICATION AND TERMINOLOGY OF MOUTH AND BREATH ODOR
3 ANATOMO-PHYSIOLOGY OF THE NOSE AND TONGUE
4 PHYSIOLOGY OF SMELL AND TASTE
5 ODOR AND TASTE DISORDERS
6 DETERMINATION OF ODOR PRODUCTION CAPACITY and ODOROGRAM
7 TYPE 0 (physiological) ODOR OF MOUTH AND BREATH
8 TYPE 1 ODOR FEATURES AND MECHANISMS
9 BRIDGE BODY IN TYPE 1 ODOR ETIOLOGY
10 TONGUE COATING IN TYPE 1 ODOR ETIOLOGY
11 DRY MOUTH IN TYPE 1 ETIOLOGY OF ODOR
12 ROLE OF BACTERIA IN THE ETIOLOGY OF TYPE 1 ODOR
13 THE ROLE OF CANDIDA FUNGUS IN THE ETIOLOGY OF TYPE 1 ODOR
14 TYPE 2 (airway) ODOR
15 TYPE 3 (gastroesophageal) ODOR
16 TYPE 4 (formed by blood gases) ODOR (BREATH ODOR)
17 TYPE 4 (formed by blood gases) Sweat-skin body odor
18 TYPE 5 (subjective) ODOR
19 NEUROGENIC CLINICAL FORMS OF TYPE 5 (subjective) ODOR
20 PSYCHOGENIC CLINICAL FORMS OF TYPE 5 (subjective) ODOR
21 ODOR OF MOUTH AND BREATH IN DISEASES

PART II – EXAMINATION, ANAMNESIS, MEASUREMENTS
22 PATIENT EXAMINATION
23 ANAMNESIS
24 ODOR MEASUREMENT METHODS AND THEIR RELIABILITY
25 PRINCIPLES OF MEASURING WITH HALITOMETER
26 UNITATION OF GASES AND ODORS, ODOR THRESHOLD VALUE
27 MEASUREMENT OF STATIC ODOR
28 EXAMINATION FOR CHEMOSENSORS Dysfunction
29 MEASURING AIRWAY ODOR
30 MEASURING BREATH ODOR
31 UNCLASSIFIED ODOR MEASUREMENT METHODS
32 MAKING OLFAKTOMETRIC MEASUREMENTS WITH HALITOMETER
33 SYSTEINE AND UREA SHOCK

PART III- TESTS APPLIED IN EXAMINATION OF MOUTH AND BREATH ODOR
34 BASIC TESTS
35 RADIOLOGICAL TESTS USED IN ODOR EXAMINATION
36 BASIC PRINCIPLES IN BREATH TESTS
37 LACTOSE TOLERANCE TEST
38 LACTULOSE TEST, BACTERIAL OVERGROWTH, MEASUREMENT OF OROCECAL TIME
39 OTHER SUGAR TOLERANCE TESTS
40 MEASUREMENT OF AMMONIA IN BREATHS HELICOBACTER PYLORI BREATH TEST
41 CHALLENGING TESTS
42 OLFACTOMETRY

PART IV – PRINCIPLES OF DIAGNOSIS, REPORTING, TREATMENT
43 DIAGNOSIS AND EXAMPLE CASES
44 REPORTING HALITOSIS
45 GENERAL PRINCIPLES IN THE TREATMENT OF TYPE 1 ODOR
46 TONGUE CLEANING IN TYPE 1 ODOR TREATMENT
47 TOOTH CLEANING IN TYPE 1 ODOR TREATMENT
48 GEOMETRY, ARCHITECTURE, STATICS, IMPROVEMENT OF BRIDGE BODY IN TYPE 1 ODOR TREATMENT
49 THREADS IN TYPE 1 ODOR TREATMENT
50 ANTISEPTICS IN THE TREATMENT OF TYPE 1 HALITOSIS
51 ALCOHOLS IN THE TREATMENT OF TYPE 1 HALITOSIS
52 ZINC AND SODIUM CHLORIDE IN THE TREATMENT OF TYPE 1 HALITOSIS
53 OTHER CHEMICALS AND METHODS FOR TYPE 1 HALITOSIS TREATMENT

PART V – ADVANCED INFORMATION
54 MODELING OF ODOR
55 REDOX REACTIONS OCCURING ON THE SURFACE OF THE MUCOSA IN TYPE 1 HALITOSIS
56 PHYSIO-CHEMISTRY OF BREATH
57 MOUTH AND BREATH ODOR GASES
58 LOCAL AND SYSTEMIC EFFECTS OF MOUTH AND BREATH ODOR GASES
59 ELECTROCHEMICAL HALITOMETERS