Your Email Address:

First Name:

Murat Aydin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
telpar
Junior
Re: Murat Aydin

Post by telpar »

Very interesting.
I will buy it and read it.

Dr. Murat, I want to share a personal consideration with you.
This forum, and also your forum in Turkish (I read it using google translate) is full of people who tell they have lost hope of finding the source of their halitosis / bad breath.
On the other hand, many people who have been treated do not tell the community their success story.
So it seems that halitosis has no cure, and it is very sad for who read the forum.

I think it's important that people know that bad breath is curable.
They have to be positive men and women. They don't have to try dangerous cures, expecially without medical advice.
I would suggest to jimi to stick a thread talking about this.
It's very important.

telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

Dear Dr. Murat,
I have carefully read both books available on his site.
I know it's not written for patients, but for doctors, but it was a reading that heartened me. It helped me in thinking halitosis/bad breath as a solutionable issue. I really liked, and I really appreciated, the ethical and scientific approach. I am grateful to you, sincerely, for your work.

I am left with a doubt about the etiology of type 2 halitosis.
Describe how the tongue can be colonized by bacteria from nearby bacteria. But I don't understand why a tongue in which a zinc paste has been used cannot prevent the odor produced by bacteria from other districts as well.

Trying to fill out the questionnaire, and reflecting on my medical history, I realized that I can reasonably rule out type 1 halitosis. If it was present, I learned how to manage it.
So I think my halitosis may be 1 + 2 type.

In particular I have: white patina that reforms, mouth breathing during night, allergy to dust mites, and a deviation of the nasal septum demonstrated with both magnetic resonance and rhinomanometry.
The otorino had suggested to me, regardless of the bad breath problem, to evaluate a corrective intervention of the nasal septum. However, he defined it as "not strictly necessary".
The otorine had also diagnosed me, by means of rhinofibroscopy, the presence of mucus in the hypopharynx.

I underline that the use of nasal washes is not good for my bad breath. Also, I don't smell any when I sneeze. Are these two considerations evidence against type 2 diagnosis?

Doctor, forgive the length of this writing. I come to the question. What could I do to get some more clues about type 2 bad breath? I am ready to have my nose operated, but first I would like to be reasonably sure that there is type 2 bad breath. I refuse to get a rhinoplasty or a Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery as a temptative to cure halitosis withous previously a diagnosis.
Is there anything I can do, or that I can ask the Ent, to get some other clue of halitosy type 2?
For example, I have the aerosol machine and the rinowash machine.
Are there any water solution with medicine that I could ask the otolaryngologist to prescribe for diagnostic purposes?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

telpar wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:10 am Dear Dr. Murat, I have carefully read both books available on his site.
I can't stand to see my three old books now that the fourth one has been published. : )
First two is available online but not English.
...In particular I have: white patina that reforms, mouth breathing during night, allergy to dust mites, and a deviation of the nasal septum demonstrated with both magnetic resonance and rhinomanometry....
The questions are specific for one situation. The problem you describe is difficult for me to interpret. I need to see big picture. It may not be accurate to diagnose with one or more symptoms. I don't want to confuse you by saying something inaccurate.
- Murat
telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

aydinmur wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:23 am
telpar wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:10 am Dear Dr. Murat, I have carefully read both books available on his site.
I can't stand to see my three old books now that the fourth one has been published. : )
First two is available online but not English.
...In particular I have: white patina that reforms, mouth breathing during night, allergy to dust mites, and a deviation of the nasal septum demonstrated with both magnetic resonance and rhinomanometry....
The questions are specific for one situation. The problem you describe is difficult for me to interpret. I need to see big picture. It may not be accurate to diagnose with one or more symptoms. I don't want to confuse you by saying something inaccurate.
- Murat
Dear Dr Murat, thanks for the reply.

I would like to buy the book. Is it available for online purchase?
Guy
Total Newbie

Post by Guy »

Hi Dr Murat, I read previously in this thread that you have produced a zinc based mouthwash and tested it against various other brands and that none were as successful in combating halitosis as yours. I also read that the others actually made an increase in measured readings. Should we take it that regular mouthwashes are pointless in the fight against type 1?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Guy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:35 pm Hi Dr Murat, I read previously in this thread that you have produced a zinc based mouthwash and tested it against various other brands and that none were as successful in combating halitosis as yours. I also read that the others actually made an increase in measured readings. Should we take it that regular mouthwashes are pointless in the fight against type 1?
Good question
Yes, some of popular brands (Listerin, CB12, Oxyfresh, Colgate ) may increase immediate odorous gases in the mouth. There is not reason to take regularly such mouthwashes. Tongue brushing is most effective on type 1 halitosis
-Murat
Guy
Total Newbie

Post by Guy »

aydinmur wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:19 pm
Guy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:35 pm Hi Dr Murat, I read previously in this thread that you have produced a zinc based mouthwash and tested it against various other brands and that none were as successful in combating halitosis as yours. I also read that the others actually made an increase in measured readings. Should we take it that regular mouthwashes are pointless in the fight against type 1?
Good question
Yes, some of popular brands (Listerin, CB12, Oxyfresh, Colgate ) may increase immediate odorous gases in the mouth. There is not reason to take regularly such mouthwashes. Tongue brushing is most effective on type 1 halitosis
-Murat
Thank you kindly for the information. Is there a specific product you would recommend for use with tongue brushing or should brushing be done with just water? I currently use chlorexidine intermittently to avoid staining and would be interested in hearing of other alternatives.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Guy wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:52 pm Is there a specific product you would recommend for use with tongue brushing or should brushing be done with just water? I currently use chlorexidine intermittently to avoid staining and would be interested in hearing of other alternatives.
Thanks for the question
salt water looks more innocent than antiseptics
-Murat
Guy
Total Newbie

Post by Guy »

aydinmur wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:17 pm
Guy wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:52 pm Is there a specific product you would recommend for use with tongue brushing or should brushing be done with just water? I currently use chlorexidine intermittently to avoid staining and would be interested in hearing of other alternatives.
Thanks for the question
salt water looks more innocent than antiseptics
-Murat
Thank you for your help Sir.
telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

Hi Dr. Murat, today I remembered something that happened months ago.
I was in the pharmacy. I saw one of those candies that promise to freshen the breath from the stomach after eating smelly foods. I bought them without thinking too much, to try them out.
I remember I was in the office, in a large room. I put one in my mouth and started sucking it.
In less than a minute I noticed a very unpleasant odor, never felt before. t wasn't the taste of the candy. It was the air that smelled of a strange smell, which also included that of my candy. A very unpleasant smell, which saturated the room. A few seconds after I smelled this strong smell, two people two meters from me, who were there occasionally who didn't know me and with whom I never spoke, commented, "What is suddenly this stink?"
I left that room, spat out the candy, and waited 15 minutes before returning. Because even I disgusted that bad smell.
I just thought the candy tasted bad. But now that I think about it I wonder if it's not a clue of something, a clue to the origin of my problem.

I searched the internet. The candy contains among other things Mannitol, Sorbitol; Anti-caking agent: Magnesium Stearate; Essential Oil of Cardamom, Essential Oil of Mint, Acesulfame K, Wheat Starch.

Do you think that strange reaction from my body has medical significance?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

telpar wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:18 pm...snipped...
Do you think that strange reaction from my body has medical significance?
Telpar thanks but it is difficult answer this question
-M
telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

Hi Dr. Murat,

I have two questions.

1)Is there some study about effectiveness of nasal in rinse on halitosis type 2? I mean simple rinse with saline solution. Have you ever tested someone after and before a nasal rinse?

2) C-reactive protein test, if negative or positive, can give some clue about halitosis?

Best Regards
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Hi Telpar
1-
There are studies sinus rinse on alergic reactions in nasal cavity, but I have not seen study about using nasal rinse for halitosis. My opinion, if type 2 halitosis takes origin from uppers segment of airway, nasal rinsing is useful to inhibit halitosis with two ways: 1) dilutes odorigenic foci 2) suppresses that person's ability to smell.

2-
C-reactive protein is non-specific indicator for inflamation, It does not give clue about halitosis.
-Murat
Emanuela hoxha
Junior

Post by Emanuela hoxha »

Can i ask you something doctor do you cure people on your clinic or only talk theory’s?
Ghana3

Post by Ghana3 »

Emanuela hoxha wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:26 pm Can i ask you something doctor do you cure people on your clinic or only talk theory’s?
I ll save you some times from what i read on this Topic;
Get Zinc chloride ( Zncl2) dillue it in water, then mouthwash; if the bad breath disappears temporarily then the cause is oral, if it has no effect on the breath then the cause is extra oral; and im not sure if he can detect the origin with his test.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic