Your Email Address:

First Name:

Murat Aydin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
space
Advanced

Re: Murat Aydin

Post by space »

Doctor,

do you have any investigation about clear mucus in throat that won't go away (some of us have that symptom and our bb is of the extreme type)

apparently, we dont have the traditional reflux symptoms like heartburn, but the mucus always exist there in the throat

thank you in advance for your reply

Smilingagain
Advanced

Post by Smilingagain »

No, on the contrary, i think the presence of a doctor will be higly appreciated.

I think you doing a nice job in here by providing answer's to most itching question(s). Unfortunately, i never knew such thread existed until now.

Thanks
Smlinagain
☑ FRESHMINT => Xylitol gum keep's my breath fresh during hot summer https://bit.ly/2NFk3pN
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Is it possible to invite doctors from other specialities too?
IrishSkippy
Total Newbie

Post by IrishSkippy »

Hi Dr,

I have suffered with BB for years but have never detected a bad smell but can detect it on other. I am 100% sure I have it and have been tested by a Halimeter and get constant reactions.

I have has tonsillectomy and Septoplasty.

I am now think it is coming from my Second upper right molar. The fissure in the tooth is really spongy and is a texture like no other in my teeth. I have been told it is a normal grove but could it be the problem? I have had all wisdom teeth out except the right upper one which never broke the skin.

Anyone any ideas? Please and Thanks.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Murat, assuming our BB is from our stomach or gerd, would eating baking soda help? Baking soda is sometimes used as an deodorant. Do bacteria grow well in more or lesd acidic environment?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Thank you for the question
Assuming halitosis takes origin from the stomach by leaking gastroeusophageal valve. (This is called type 3 halitosis).

1- Bad odor may not come from bacterial activity in the stomach
2- Soda may not inhibit every bacteria
3- Soda may inhibit bad odor in the stomach independently from bacteria
4- Soda does affect not only type 3 halitosis, but also some other halitosis types

Eventually soda may not be diagnostic
- Murat
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

aydinmur wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:26 pm Thank you for the question
Assuming halitosis takes origin from the stomach by leaking gastroeusophageal valve. (This is called type 3 halitosis).

1- Bad odor may not come from bacterial activity in the stomach
2- Soda may not inhibit every bacteria
3- Soda may inhibit bad odor in the stomach independently from bacteria
4- Soda does affect not only type 3 halitosis, but also some other halitosis types

Eventually soda may not be diagnostic
- Murat
Thanks. I think I'll try food high in baking soda for another few weeks.
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

aydinmur wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:06 pm
Smilingagain wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:49 pm who are you Dr. Aydinmur? and why should we trust answer(s) provided below this thread?
Thanks
Smilinagain
Im dentist. also having phd on microbiology.
I have worked on halitosis since many years, I have been invited here.
I would like to share some of my investigations on the forum.

I expect nothing from the group.

I can leave here if there are more people who dont like my posts ?

- Murat
Hi Doctor,

Please ignore some of these posters - your responses are very helpful. I have a question though.

It seems many of us got halitosis (smelly tongue) around the age 11. Do you have any idea what is special about this age?

Kind regards
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
harvestor

Post by harvestor »

What type of microscope (magnification, resolution, etc...) would you recommend to be used to observe the presence of bacteria in mouth, toungue, nose etc...?

I plan to buy one but it's really confusing (is 640x mag enough or 1000x needed, fake advertising, useless 1600x magnification)
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

I use Zeiss' old model, x10,x40x100 immersion objective.
You know bacteria present in mouth o nose cavities not only disease condition but also health. You will see bacteria every time. It is impossible to distinguish pathologic or physiologic microbiota by using microscope.
I dont advise you buy microscope.
-Murat
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Murat, if our BB is from the stomach, would pumping the stomach like what is done when people overdose help? Is it similar to water fasting?
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

I dont understand the question
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

aydinmur wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:24 pm I dont understand the question
Never mind, I got the answer already.
Notme
Total Newbie

Post by Notme »

Hi Dr. Aydin.

I have chronic gastritis and gastro parentesis or slow digestion, BB since 11 years old, multiple reactions throughout the day, but it gets worse when I’m stressed and having a gastritis crisis. what type of halitosis do you think I have? And do you think PPIs like Nexium or Omeprazole are actually bad for BB??
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Dear Notme
Thank you for the question.
Halitosis caused by Leakage from gastroesophageal valve is extremly rare. Even heavy reflux or gastritis patients have very less halitosis , this is what I saw. H2 proton pump inhibitors are actualy minimally effect halitosis.

Despite some literature findings, I dont think psychologic stress (and high body weight) cause halitosis.
-Murat
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic