Your Email Address:

First Name:

Stomach, Gut and Bad Breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
SuddenBB

Stomach, Gut and Bad Breath

Post by SuddenBB »

I would like to confirm the fact that whether bad breath can originate in the gut.

The argument is that since the esophagus is collapsed, hence there can't be any odor regurgitating back.

But even then alcohol is carried by the blood after adsorption from the intestine to the lungs and given off through the lungs. That's how the Alcohol Breath Analyzer works.

I recently got my molar extracted that had root canal work done on it. I thought the white coating on my tongue would decrease and my BB but it didn't change. Now my mouth has only healthy teeth and there is no implication now in my teeth which can cause BB.

I'm going for my colonoscopy tomo. Because I have been having semi formed stool for the past 6 months with lots of undigested food particles in it.

Can my intestine cause bad breath?

everhopeful81

Post by everhopeful81 »

I think there is certainly some truth in that. I got my molars removed last year, I get my teeth cleaned every 4-6 months & keep my tongue well scraped as well as drink warm water throughout the day. I also rinse with hydrogen peroxide & chew xylitol gum daily. The bottom line is that though these seem to have some effect, there is always more than that behind all of this - potentially stuff on / under the tongue that you cannot get rid of or more likely something emanating from somewhere else - please let me know results..
nightmare
Silent Reflux

Post by nightmare »

Silent Reflux is a gastro problem that might cause bad breath. Reflux reaches the throat.
ttlxman

Post by ttlxman »

I'm thinking tonsils and impacted wisdom teeth are major sources for reinfection for many of us. Halitosisux mentioned being nearly completely cured after having a seemingly benign wisdom tooth removed.

I too have the same bowel problems and my dental health is always reassured every visit to the dentist. I have tonsil stones and my wisdom teeth are still in so I'm going to have both removed and see if there's any improvement in tongue color and taste.

Colonoscopy booked with gastro at the end of the month as well, I'm thinking maybe it's SIBO.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic