Your Email Address:

First Name:

Pregnancy and bb

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Bb4life
Total Newbie

Pregnancy and bb

Post by Bb4life »

Hi everyone. I have been a sufferer for quite some time. It has been getting worse and worse. I am now 4 months pregnant and it is getting worse. What is bothering me right now is the nasty, bitter taste in my mouth that will not go away. At least before, I didn't have as much nasty taste in my mouth. Has anyone else had this problem? I went to kaiser last year and the stupid doctor diagnosed me with halitosis but did not direct me in any direction for recovery. Now it's on my record and I get funny responses from doctors and nurses that I interact with. So glad I can connect withhold on this sight. Please let me know of any feedback youhave. Anything would be much appreciated. :D

ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i read that worse bb during pregnancy has to do with hormonal changes.. that is why we sometimes also get worse bb during our period or during ovulation.
time4change
Junior

Post by time4change »

I remember the first time I got pregnant the taste in my mouth got so bad immediately, I didn't realise the connection, but the second time I got pregnant it happened again. I knew I was pregnant before taking the test just cos of that taste. Too me it was like dog poo but most people describe it as metallic.

I remember someone on here who was using hormone pills to control bb, not sure what their name was but someone else might remember. It was an interesting post, I think some possible connection might be under active thyroid and a few other things.

I'm still thinking my bb is to do with wisdom teeth, but will look investigate other issues like this if its not cured by teeth extraction
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Gums swell during pregnancy, apparently. If your gums have any issues, that that might be all it takes to tip things over the edge. You'll then have blood and other immunological things seeping into your mouth.

Blood is the one thing you never want to have seeping into your mouth, from your gums or wherever, no matter how tiny the amount. Blood will increase the bacterial activity and stench in your mouth more than anything else - according to Dr. Aydinmur.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic