Your Email Address:

First Name:

How to Get Tested Without a Doctor's Order

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
HigherThoughts
Advanced

How to Get Tested Without a Doctor's Order

Post by HigherThoughts »

This is for people who live in the US. If you need some simple tests run, but you can't see a doctor for some reason, here is a great way to get tested.

I just got a blood test for h. pylori through this method.

First you go to this site: https://www.accesalabs.com/

To make sure there is a lab near your area, you can use the find a lab link. You just type in your zip code and it will find all the labs near you.

Find the test you need and order it. You do the payments online with your credit card. It is secure so you do not need to worry. You will go directly to the lab in person to get the tests done.

After you pay for your test they will send you an email with an electronic number. Just print out this email, and then you can schedule an appointment with a lab near you. Then just go into the lab with your printout. It is all paid for online so you do not need to pay anything extra at the lab.

They partner with a company called lab corp. Lab corp is a very big company and they do lab work for doctors and are typically in a lot of hospital buildings all around the US. This is a very real and great way to get your tests ordered.

So if you want to take a simple blood test or whatever this is great way if a doctor doesn't want to put in the test order for you.

DISCLAIMER: This is not meant for you to self-treat yourself. If you get results that indicate you have a medical problem see a doctor for treatments! It is important to talk to doctors for real medical advice and treatments. Just use this for simple tests.

My experience: I ordered the h. pylori blood test online. They only work weekdays so since I ordered on a Sunday, my order was processed Monday morning. I printed out the email with my electronic number. I then made an appointment with a lab in a big hospital building. It was only 4 miles away from me. I went into the lab with all my papers and signed in. As soon as I signed in I was told to go into one of the rooms. A lady came in and took my blood and that was it. It only took 5 minutes for them to take my blood and I was out on my way. I get the results in 2 days. They will email the results to me. So now I am just waiting to see my results.

FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

sounds bad to say this but I hope you're H Pylori positive then your nightmare will be over with that triple therapy of antibiotics.

good luck man.
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

Wow I'm surprised results came back very quick. I just got the results in my email, and guess what? I am h. pylori positive.

my Flag rating is high at 8.0

Here is how the blood tests are read:

Negative: <0.9
Indeterminate: 0.9 - 1.0
Positive: >1.0

My reading says >8.0 HIGH

I will get the treatments for this and I really really hope that this is the cause for my problem. It is possible there are other causes for my problem and not just this. I have some hope in getting some treatment now, but my battle is not over yet!!
deebo

Post by deebo »

stool and breath are said to be the best for diagnosing H-py
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

deebo wrote:stool and breath are said to be the best for diagnosing H-py
Yeah, I think I've read that somewhere also.

But good luck to you HT and keep us posted
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Which name is under for the test for HPylori?
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

The breath test is $120 -- more expensive. I think I'm gonna try it -- what've I got to lose.

Snoop sister -- you click on where it has the 'Testing starts at $50' (big red sign). You'll get a list of all the tests they offer.

I'm very close to a hospital -- hoping the lab is there.

Thanks for posting this Higher thought!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

A $5 h.pylori self-testing kit is no different to the test they do, and just as reliable.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

halitosisux wrote:A $5 h.pylori self-testing kit is no different to the test they do, and just as reliable.
Would you say that link someone posted ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/HELICOBACTER-PY ... 5488952%26 ) is a good test? The link says heliobacter pylori, but the description on the item specifically says 'stomach ulcer test'
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yes, Mike. If it's a stomach ulcer test kit that mentions helicobacter pylori, then it's a test for the presense of HP antibodies in the blood. These test kits are just as accurate for detecting negative results as any other test for helicobacter. The reason why other methods are sometimes preferred is because antibody tests can sometimes give false positive results - if you've had helicobacter in the past for example.

But if you use one of these kits, they are a very reliable way to find out whether you do NOT have helicobacter. If the result is positive, then you go to your doctor for further advice.

Using this lab to test helicobacter is pure waste of money.
kenny
Total Newbie

H. Pylori Breath Testing

Post by kenny »

I tried out that website and had a good experience. FYI, the H. Pylori tests are here:

www.accesalabs.com/toxin

The kits seem sketchy. Has anyone had experience with the Lactose Intolerance testing from Genova?
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

I'm trying the urea breath test this time that's why I'm doing it.

I saw a very reputable doctor recently who said since I hadn't tested for 3 years I should definitely test again. (That test 3 yrs ago was negative).

The doc told me my symptoms strongly indicate I have a stomach problem (lower abdominal pain, pain in side, black stool, mucous in stool, occasional ammonia smell in private area, dry patch in middle of tongue, severe bloating (all the time), bb worst during menstruation...

Stomach exercises, stomach crunches especially changes the odor from fecal smelly sock to rotten egg.

I water fasted 2 months ago for 11 days. Smell never left for 1 day even.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic