Your Email Address:

First Name:

Duped by ENT

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Born To Suffer
Master

Duped by ENT

Post by Born To Suffer »

Hey guys,

So you all know that I recently removed my wisdoms, (5 weeks ago), but my BB ISN'T CURED...yet. That's because I'm still experiencing a crap load of foul yellowish discharge in the infected area. But know there is no more nose pinching, nose rubbing, whew what a tiny boost to my self esteem. But when I talk directly to someone they do bring their hands close to their face, use to be near nose, now it's like near chin :D

Okay I was so ready to remove everything from my mouth that could be causing a stink, even my tonsils. I went to the ENT, the first one laughed it off, gave me some antibiotics and sent me off.

The second was so unbelievable...freaking unbelievable.
There I was thought I had him convinced that I was getting the surgery, but you know what? He lied to me. It hit me like a sack of potatoes when I thought long and hard about it. All the clues.
- He said there was a conference, and would be out of town for 3weeks.
- When I asked him about the cost, he didn't give me a reply
- When I asked him about the surgery, he randomly gave me a date, nothing was set.
- When I tried to make the appointment, the receptionist nods and smiles, said she had to call my medical aid to get the rates. She never called back.

In the End I can only say: Thank God.
Now I realize that the smell is coming from my gums and not my tonsils, regardless of how I rub the tonsils, I don't smell anything. My breath doesn't stink after brushing, so I don't think it's the tonsils causing the smell.
The smell use to be so strong I thought my tonsils were stinking up too, but it's because the odor leaks into the walls of my mouth, it was hard to decipher where exactly the smell was actually coming from, wisdom area or tonsil area. The sour discharge causes the stink after a few hours.

I'm glad I don't have to take the tonsils out. I'm giving myself a bit of time to fully recover (another 2 months) before rushing into to surgery and removing something important.

Now to everyone out there, please remove your wisdoms before tonsils.
Wisdoms are useless, but tonsils are important.

I can only say Thank God there are still some good ENT's out there who care about your health more than they care about money.

Frantix

Re: Duped by ENT

Post by Frantix »

Born To Suffer wrote: Now to everyone out there, please remove your wisdoms before tonsils.
Wisdoms are useless, but tonsils are important.
I´ve read an scientific article about wisdom teeth extraction. It said that wisdom teeth removal also has strong effects on your health system. I can´t sum up the facts anymore but saying "wisdom teeth are useless" is not correct. Besides a healthy tooth can be very usefull to fix a dental bridge one day or so.

ANYWAY, I make the same experiences like you at the moment! I took the last two wisdom teeth out 4 weeks ago and the effect is amazing! It hasn´t been, when I had taken the first two out 10 years ago. So I would advice people to really get a closer look on which wisdom tooth might be a problem and which one might be healthy.

(In my case tonsil removal had not any effect either...they had to be removed anyway cause of recurring tonsillitis.)
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

@ FRANTIX, congrats!!!
I can't wait til the holes completely cures!! :D
This is really the beginning of our lives, I hope. I've never experienced good breath from the day I was born. I sometimes wonder what I did in my previous life to deserve such a punishment... again I hope you and I will be cured in the following weeks.
Frantix

Post by Frantix »

Thnx Born To Suffer!! ;) I hope so too!... but BB is a tough b*tch. It taught me more than once ;)
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

@ Frantix: please keep me update with your progress.
Right now I still have a slight sour taste, although it's improving

Does your tongue still have a layer of white/yellow in the back?
In the morning when you spit, is your saliva yellow?
Frantix

Post by Frantix »

sour taste still exists. it depends on what I eat, but i would say it decreased to 20% compared to before.

i had yellow layer on the side where the wounds are for two weeks or so, but its gone.

my strong white coating disappeared months ago. haven´t used a scraper since. i think my coating was caused by some little gum problems and on or two older fillings. the more stuff i fixed or renewed the more the coating disappeared. i always thought it would come from digestive problems but i changed that point of view.
this also showed me that tongue coating may decrease BB but it´s not the cause. i still smelled after it disappeared.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

hm... my infection is really bad, still having a yellowish layer at the back.
I sneezed today and didn't really smell bad like before :)

I currently have a cold and can't believe how it worsened my bb. I really think that I have some smelly mucous at the back of my throat. My throat hurts real bad... ugh.

Anywayz misleading title, I FINALLY HEARD from the ENT. Apparently the ENT WAS out of town, and they have been trying to contract me for a few days o_O My cellphone was lost and when I found it today, I had several missed calls from them

Okay so a week from now I'm going to remove my tonsils and adenoids. Everything has been confirmed ^_^
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Born To Suffer wrote:hm... my infection is really bad, still having a yellowish layer at the back.
I sneezed today and didn't really smell bad like before :)

I currently have a cold and can't believe how it worsened my bb. I really think that I have some smelly mucous at the back of my throat. My throat hurts real bad... ugh.

Anywayz misleading title, I FINALLY HEARD from the ENT. Apparently the ENT WAS out of town, and they have been trying to contract me for a few days o_O My cellphone was lost and when I found it today, I had several missed calls from them

Okay so a week from now I'm going to remove my tonsils and adenoids. Everything has been confirmed ^_^
Please tell me if Adenoid removal helps.. I had my tonsils taken out because they were cryptic, but the doctor left my adenoids in because he said they looked fine. I have a lot of mucus and PND pretty much nonstop.. There's always a thickish and I'm always clearing my throat. I've also been told that there's a lot of mucus in my stool.

Anyway, lots of PND, bad taste coming into the mouth often.. I wonder if it's coming from the adenoids, or if it's coming up from the stomach.

Has anyone ever had adenoids removed sometime after tonsillectomy and seen improvement?
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Yep thanks to the cold, I can't smell or taste my bb. For the first time in life I feel free, but I know it still smells. Got a few soft coughs when people came too near.

@Mike, my throat was literally on fire, I could barely swallow cause it was so painful. I can barely speak today. Now the pain has somewhat subsided, I realize that most of the pain is coming from the top of my mouth, the adenoids, and not the tonsils. I'm not really cured from bb yet because I'm still leaking a lot of yellowish bacteria. It's hard to say if the smell is coming from the adenoids or the wisdom site.
I think if you have pnd, it could be from adenoids. But I can't be sure. It seems that you have tried everything, I don't want to make you go through surgery again and suffer disappointment =(

But I will indeed keep updating my progress, so that it could be of some use to someone out there =)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic