Your Email Address:

First Name:

Grapefruit Seed Extract?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
semloh
Total Newbie

Grapefruit Seed Extract?

Post by semloh »

Sorry for the additional post, but I just remembered a few more question I had.

Can anyone tell me the deal with Grapefruit Seed Extract? For Example, what is it, what kind to buy, how to take it and does it actually help.

Also, has anyone tried gargling with baking soda? Does that seem to help or make things worse. I just tried it and I swear it is making things worse. Any tips would be appreciated.

Also, I head apple cider vinegar was supposed to help, does anyone have experience with this, like how to use it and what effect it has.

Thanks for any replies.

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

For whatever reason, when I use grape fruit seed extract in my water pik... I'm talking about a single drop or two from the medicine dropper.. I get these red dots on my body. They don't itch, but they will stay there for a week or more.
semloh
Total Newbie

Post by semloh »

yikes, i hope you are staying away from the grape seed extract then. I was reading somewhere on here that most grape fruit seed extract actually has toxic chemicals in it that are added when it is being synthesized. that is probably what is causing you to break out. think i might skip grapefruit seed extract as a potential cure.

have you gargled with salt water or with baking soda. I though that might help based on things I read but when I tried it it seemed to make the smell worse. any ideas on that.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Been there done it. Grapefruit seed extract did nothing for me. Iv gargled, nasal irrigated and drank. No help at all. I believe saltwater and a pinch of baking soda is the best mouthwash. I also do use 2 drops of grapefruit seed extract in it... But only because iv got the bottle. A bottle of Grapefruit seed extract is quite cheap of amazon and it lasts ages... so if if you wanna give it a try go for it... just dont expect miracles
time4change
Junior

Post by time4change »

yeah ive got some too, I think its important that it has citricidal in it or something (not sure what or why, just read that its important). I use it if im going to be around lots of people, put about 4-8 drops in a cup of hot water and drink most of it, then gargle the rest. It helps to clear out the tonsil stones, but it might be the hot water and gargling which helps get them out.

I wouldnt say it helps me hugely but like MrChips said, ive got the bottle now so may as well use it!

Anyway its not too expensive and something to rule out if you do get some and it ends up not working.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
judielmarc

Post by judielmarc »

thanks for the info stankie
that really helps
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic