Your Email Address:

First Name:

Lick Test

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
semloh
Total Newbie

Lick Test

Post by semloh »

To figure out if they have bad breath some people lick their wrist and the back of their hand and then wait for it to dry and smell it. For those of you who do this, how strong is the odor when you smell it? I tried it and I think I can smell something but it is hard to tell and it is definitely not that strong. Would it be really strong and obvious if breath was really bad?

Thanks for any replies

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

This isn't really a valid test. Some people say there's no correlation between the two.

Personally I tend to think the sour saliva is indicative of something that's related to BB. I wonder if it's stomach acid, or some sort of nastiness seeping down from the sinuses above.

For me, I often have a strong vinegary sour smell. Now, if I clean out my mouth real well, that taste won't be present immediately, but does come back soon enough.

I can't tell you what it is, or why it smells like that. It seems to make the most sense that that would be stomach content juice slipping back up in tiny amounts, which is why it could taste so acidic.
deebo

Post by deebo »

semloh . you're new . Welcome to the group
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

mine also has that vinegary smell mike
HopefulOne
Advanced

Post by HopefulOne »

Prior to my quadruple therapy whenever I licked my wrist my saliva smelled like sour vinegar too plus it was very thick. After treatment my saliva is more watery and the sour smell only occurs after I drink coffee which is highly acidic. Coffee causes me to burp all morning and I get a tongue coat, which now goes away after I scrape. I know I need to give it up but I'm so addicted to my one cup every morning.

have you both been tested for H Pylori since it sounds like you have acid reflux problems?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I have been tested for H. Pylori.. and even ordered myself a self test kit because I was in doubt at the results.

So.. no H. Pylori.... :/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic