Your Email Address:

First Name:

Back from Surgery!! Tonsillectomy

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

@halitosisux, very informative as usual ^_^
I can't believe our body can't eliminate the toxic gases. Is it because of the environment, food we eat or the pollution we inhale, that causes this problem? Or because there is something wrong with our bodies?
My sister doesn't suffer from bb, nor does any of my cousins. If it wasn't for surgery, we'd have to suffer forever!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Oh, thanks! ^_^

I'm not quite sure what you meant in your reply. I was referring to the chemicals from bacterial fermentation on the tongue and in the various places inside the mouth when it's higher than normal and bad breath is present. These chemicals would then get inhaled into the lungs or swallowed. If their concentration is high enough to causes toxicity then it can't be good.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Oh I just figured it out!! My breath was doing okay today UNTIL I had some ice-cream, my face started itching like crazy, and I had a minor stomach ache. I'm lactose intolerant.
So I went to sleep for an hour or so, when I woke up my whole tongue is slightly coated white, and needless to say my breath is bad, way worse than when I woke up this morning. I can only assume that my body has an inability to break down dairy, which feeds the bad bacteria.

I think the reason why so many of us is toxic is because we don't have the ability to break down certain compounds so it just ends up rotting in the body. Some of us have a very fragile body. For me I know when I eat food that expires in 1-3 days, my odor is okay. But when I eat biscuits, sweets or food that expires in a years time, boy does my breath smell like dog breath.

Well I'm highly doubting I will be cured by tonsillectomy so my next step is to be a vegan. Yay?
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

I would not get your hopes up high with a cure from tonsillectomy. Theres a chance of course, but i would not bank on it. Just take it in your stride. It didn't cure me. #-o
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Hey Mr Chips, yea I think you are right, I'm soo depressed. But thank god I didn't put any hopes on tonsillectomy, I put all my hopes on wisdoms, that every ounce of energy I have just flew into space. I had very little hope for tonsillectomy, and even that is crushed now.

day 7: why bother updating?
I stuck a finger where the tonsils were, and felt a big hole, as I looked at my finger I noticed a lot of tiny white stones, and boy did it smell. I guess some debris remained.
So last night I went to bed having good breath. Around 2-3 am I woke up coughing, surprisingly my breath is still good, couldn't smell a thing. But as the cough continued more phlegm gathered around my throat, then BAM just like that my whole mouth is stinking up again.
I'm starting to think that the inner tonsils are infected, how the bloody hell do I clean it out?
Boy I'm just so depressed. But I can't think like that because if I do I might just go kill myself.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

OMG!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!
I looked into my throat and noticed a white patch, it's bigger on the left side.

Is it a scab or an oral thrush?? I didn't notice anything there last night.
We on day 7, wtf is going on????

After surgery did anyone else see a white patch?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

You've had a tonsillectomy right?
If so, then you'll have raw exposed flesh just sitting there in your throat. Your skin has evolved a way of dealing with cuts injuries, and so have your mucous membranes in your internal systems.

This patch is just a layer that forms (if you give it a chance to) like a temporary protective layer of skin. Gradually the wound will shrink and this patch of skin will shrink with it, to be replaced by normal healthy mucosa.

I had these patches appear just hours after my tonsillectomy. Mine were brownish/white and sometimes orange. I guess that is blood mixed in with whatever that stuff is made from.

Give yourself a chance to heal. Tonsillectomy is like half your throat being gorged out. I'll never forget the shock of looking in the mirror the first time. I thought the surgeon made a mistake and removed my neck.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

thanks halitosisux, whew I was busy freaking out for no reason!! On previous days I probably didn't see the scab, so when I saw it I nearly fainted.

Day 8: I'm doing okay. No pain in swallowing, ate some oranges, and had chilli pizza ( I can handle mild amounts of diary). Going to go to work tomorrow, no point in lazing around for nothing.
Woke up this morning still with bb, but it has gone down a lot since the previous days.

Wisdoms: Took down 30% of stinkiness
Tonsils: Took down 50% of stink, it's cause I had a streppy smell because of the infection
Now: remaining 20%, still waiting for the miracle to happen. Hopefully tonsillectomy will fully cure me
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Hey guys another update:
wow day 11 already. I went to the ENT for a checkup, he said every is fine, and that I didn't have an infection, whew. He said the white stuff is a scab or something and it will eventually fade. Said I'll be bleeding for 2 weeks, and not go to work, meh.
Now my bb is like 15%, it gets worse when I cough, like mucus just covers my mouth and it stinks up again bringing my bb up. It goes back down when I drink water. The past three days been bored outta my mind so I decided to start exercising. Everything is great until 2 days ago during my push ups, for some reason I felt a HUGE glob of mucus slipping into my throat. I ran to the bathroom and spat, and yep there was a huge glob of yellow mucus mixed with saliva. Also I notice when I exercise vigorously more or these mucus slip into my throat. (if anyone is interested I could take a pic- but then it could make you sick). So I took a sniff at it and boy did it stink, has a stinky fish odor, best I can describe. I think this has something to do with my pnd when I was younger, and tonsillectomy opened a pocket so the rotten mucus has a place to escape. Bad news is that when I cough it brings down the mucus, covering my mouth. It is because I keep spitting out this mucus that my breath has improved.

People with pnd should squirt saline water up their nose to clean the infection. I been doing it and it has cleared my nose a bit.
When I first started, I noticed a lump on the roof of my mouth. I got scared, like wtf, but it was because the saline water was pushing the mucus down. Whew I'm just so glad, I can get rid of that nasty mucus.
What I did notice is that my sense of smell has improved, I don't think I like it. Like yesterday I got a whiff of my dog, and boy did he smell. The smell just flew into my nose and down my throat, causing me to cough.
Now I know why people cough around people with bb. The smell just flies into their throat causing it to irritate.
People with pnd or nasal odor have too much mucus there, so it's hard to smell properly.

Oh my ENT also gave me a prescription for Acuzole aka metronidazole . He asked me why I needed it, so I told him it was because I've been getting a nasty discharge. He looked at me weirdly, and said metronidazole isn't going to help, and said I'll give it to you anyways because you asked for it.
He gave me 200mg x 2pills x 3 times a day for 5 days.
I asked for two weeks course, and he looked at me like I was crazy.
"no man you don't need so much, it's rough on your stomach, I'll give you the regular dose."
I told him I read it online.
he: "where do you get your information from? must be a Russian website or something." hahaha, love my ENT.

Anyways I'm going to let my body recover a bit before taking metro.
I"ve read a lot of articles, lots said they were cured, lots said the bb came back. Not sure what to believe. Nobody bothers to update, so I'm guessing they cured their bb and moved on, otherwise they'd be back here complaining.

Also been taking organic, low fat, plain yoghurt with probiotics, to combat bacteria in stomach.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Wishing you good fortune, buddy.

I have some metronidazole I ordered back many months ago when I attempted swishing it in my mouth.. I wonder if I should just take it normally and hope for the best... Though, if it did nothing for BB, it'd probably make other matters worse.

How hard is it for people to care about this disease??

..No, the problem is there is no caring. Just capitalism. Money drives everything, and typically deceit and control are a more profitable direction than genuinely solving health problems and progressing medical science.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Thanks Mike and Stankie, hopefully I will be cured next week.

@Mike, I agree this society is going to the hell. But at the same time there are meds out there that do work. Just gotta find the right one, but the selection is so large that by the time you find the right one, you'd be near death. I don't trust drugs at all, that's why I won't take metro until after a few weeks has passed.

Mike you should really consider getting the prescription from a REAL DOC, don't go buying crap online because it's generic, get the brand/trade name :D
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

BTS, good luck!
Did you mention this stinky PND to your ENT?
Christ, if I had stinky PND smelling that bad, I'd wanna know why.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

@halitosisux, I don't think of mentioning it my ENT. I don't think doc's have a lot of insight to PND, that's why there seems to be no cure for it. Maybe someone should become a nose doctor or something.
As a young child I've always had pnd, which is why I've had such bb. Like the tonsils I believe the adenoids can also harbour bacteria, too much bacteria and it can cause pnd. Isn't it weird how some older folks, age 27-29, can still have adenoids while younger ones like myself, age 24, don't have any?
Maybe during my surgery at the age of 14, the surgeon already removed it?
Well my ENT said he couldn't see any adenoids, or else he would've removed it.

Whew the smell isn't as strong as when I was a kid, thank God, if I have to relive that nightmare I'd rather commit s*****e. What I think I am expelling is the remains of the pnd that wasn't cleared entirely from the surgery. Or maybe it's taking it's time to grow back? But whatever I'm glad to get rid of it.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

BTS, I have always had PND too, not just mucus in the throat, but PND which constantly needs to be snorted down from the back of my nose where it's become thickened.

It's usually always clear mucus, and never ever smells of anything.

Mucus would smell when it's been stagnant for long enough, or if there's anything abnormal going on involving bacteria (or viruses or secondary effects to allergy of any fungal presense as skankie pointed out in another thread) Mucus could also smell from systemic pathways, like TMAU.

This thing known as PATM, where people seem to constantly sneeze around people who suspect something is wrong, might be fungal spores coming from the sinuses.

I don't really know much at all about adenoids. Apparently they can produce stones like the tonsils. I can only guess that this is not as common as stones from the tonsils, which is quite common even in people without any BB. I would also guess that if a person no longer has any tonsils and they no longer produce any stones, then their adenoids are probably fine. Stones in the absense of tonsils could be coming from lingual tonsils or the adenoids.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic