Your Email Address:

First Name:

London meet up 20th Jan 2013

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
joeP
Junior

London meet up 20th Jan 2013

Post by joeP »

Hi everyone,

I'm really interested in meeting someone to see if we can notice each others BB and try and source it. NOTE - I've been able to smell other people's BB previously, so I have a feeling I should still be able to.

I'm in my early 30s and work in the city.

It would be just a quick meetup 10-15 minutes and I'm happy to meet anywhere in the city.. although I'd prefer to meet in central or east London.

I'm more than happy to pay for tea/coffee for all interested and organize the time/location. We could meet in a quiet spot somewhere. I will try my best to find something suitable and I promise to not make it embarrassing.

Thanks a lot and if somebody can spare a bit of time on Sunday, please reply!! My wife is away so I can meet anytime.

All I ask is be honest :)

If you want to know about my condition, please review the topic
"Chronic halitosis, Rhinitis, PND, bacterial imbalance"

Best, Joe

FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Wish I could but I'm in the north west : (
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

I could. But it would have to be next month because im from the midlands
joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

Anyone else that can make it tomorrow..... ??

@FedUp and MrChips: Thats a shame guys
deebo

Post by deebo »

Joe ,, there are at least 2 UK meetups coming up soon . I'll be posting then within a few hours here
joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

Thanks deebo,

if anyone can do earlier than that...please pm me. I may not be around for those meetups as I'll have to travel quite a bit in the next few weeks. Either that or I will likely lose my job.

-J
everhopeful81

Post by everhopeful81 »

Hi guys - I am also in the city and keen to meet. I will most likely come to any group meetings but open to meet individually before. I can't seem to send private messages butif anyone wants to meet please message me with email / telephone and I can get in touch.

Cheers
everhopeful81

Post by everhopeful81 »

Hi guys - I am also in the city and keen to meet. I will most likely come to any group meetings but open to meet individually before. I can't seem to send private messages butif anyone wants to meet please message me with email / telephone and I can get in touch.

Cheers
deebo

Post by deebo »

joeP , forgive the late reply . heres the upcoming UK meetups in Feb and March viewtopic.php?p=46706#46706
joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

Anyone up for meeting next week in the city?

@everhopeful81, let me message you my email.

@deebo, Unfortunately I will be away during the two planned meetups.
joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

I met with everhopeful81 today. We had a good chat about how each of our conditions developed and what each of us does in order to try and control their BB.

There are some differences between our conditions....his started when he was 12...mine when I was 19/20 years old (i.e. when it became chronic)

Other differences include that I have oral and nasal BB whereas he mentioned only oral BB.

Now the bad news (which some of you may already know) is that we were not able to smell each other at all, despite of good efforts in trying to do so!

I know that some folks have tried smelling each other before and it didn't work for them either, but I guess I had my hopes high on trying to isolate the source of the problem and focusing on treating that.

Now this only applies to people residing in or close to London....

- Does it make sense to maybe hire someone for a study/experiment for rating our BBs and treatments in order to find the optimal routines that work for each of us?

- Would we be able to find someone on craigslist, gumtree, etc or would you know someone who would be willing to do something like that for a fee?

Let me know and I'm happy to try to organize something. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend any of the two planned events, but I was speaking with everhopeful81 about doing a half day event on 23rd Feb in London.

Please let me know if you are interested to attend.

@Deebo, I'm happy if you want to organize this one too...just hoping to learn from you guys to better deal with this situation and maybe share some of my experiences too.

Thanks a lot!!
deebo

Post by deebo »

about studies ,surveys ..etc .Maybe Dr Lachmann ,Charlotte Ellerton and/or Heidi Chan in the UK would be interested in working with a group of you or have some connections to share . This is what I'm talking about ! If groups of sufferers get together to have tests run etc ,this is how we make things change .
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

joeP- I think thats a fantastic idea. I would be down for that. The nightmare for me is that i know i have nasal odour,, i also know i have oral odour, i just dont know the intensity of either and the type of odour of either. If I had this information it would help me alot to find some sort of a solution...
joeP
Junior

Post by joeP »

@deebo, thanks for the contacts. I'll see if they can help - at least point us to the right direction.

@MrChips, good to know that you are up for it! If the number is small, we could just book 2 joined rooms in a hotel. We could bring our own products and do our parts of routine to see if the oral/nasal routine has any impact and for how long. This could take maybe half a day.

Ideally we should try the study over a period of time, maybe 2 weeks to have more data for statistics. If more people join in... I suggest booking a small conference room with ensuite facilities at a hotel/guest house to do this.

If we are lucky and we have a sponsor or support from the a company or medical community, perhaps we could even get access to a lab or gas chromatograph to further confirm results.

Any suggestions are most welcome!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic