Your Email Address:

First Name:

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Hey man, I totally understand what you are saying. Wisdoms + tonsils are important, very important, because they collect bacteria and help prevent a lot of bacteria from spreading. For example halitosisux mention once that whenever he gets a cold it goes straight to his chest, it has also been confirmed by my cousin. She removed her tonsil when she was 6, and whenever she gets a cold she can't recover without antibiotics. When she gets sick she really gets sick.
I'm not going to lie but after removing my wisdoms back teeth started shifting so when I floss I notice a big gap. This can lead to a lot of food getting stuck in the gums, very unhealthy.

My conclusion is the same as yours, without wisdoms and tonsils, bacteria can spread faster.

However I would like to point out a few things.
First of all our body isn't designed to handle processed and chemical food. Technology evolved faster than our body. So whenever we eat these types of food our body sometimes may not know how to kill it, so finds a nice place wisdoms/tonsils and just settles there because unfortunately our body doesn't have the tools to kill it. I tried brushing my gums with sea salt, I drained a lot of pus, stinky smelly pus from my gums. It smelled of sulphur, rotten eggs, but regardless of how many hours I spent I couldn't seem to clear it. Even after removing my wisdoms, I lay in bed for a week still leaking dark coloured blood. I don't think it's real blood because it was stinking up so bad and healthy blood isn't black. My guess is that the bacteria soaked up all my real and nutritious blood to sustain it.
There were times when I woke up at night with a sore head, it seemed that the blood wasn't flowing to my head. I could've died, but I guess God wants to stay alive so I keep suffering. Removing wisdoms not only cured me of all the bacteria but diminished my bb a lot. As for tonsils I was very hesitant in the surgery, ENT said tonsils is okay and no need to remove. 2nd ENt took me seriously and removed it, turned out I had a strep infection, and it was getting worse not better. There are no antibiotics in my market to clear it, and whenever I stick my finger in my mouth I gag, I have a fairly small mouth.
Our body is very weird and even when we understand it, something else makes us think twice. I agree that tonsil stones isn't always about trapped food, maybe it's the bacteria taking a shit on our tonsils? Just as acne flare ups results in white pus forming on our faces. It's toxin overload.
Just last night, after flossing, brushing, and gargling with sea salt, I went to bed. I woke up midnight coughing real bad, so bad that a LARGE tonsil stone flew out of my mouth into my hands. My god did it smell, my mouth even tasted sour after that. I ran to the bathroom and lol I noticed a piece of veggie stuck to my hands. So trapped food could play a small role in contributing to our stink. However if the trapped food is provided by nature it will dissolve into our body, and become of use. BUT IF the trapped food is processed, eg chips, chocoloate, man made crap, then it turns into poison.

The truth is I've been around the world, from America to China to Hong Kong to Africa, still gotta cover the other half (when I have the money).
What I noticed is that ALL the first world countries, most people suffer some degree of bb. Especially people in HK because they seem to eat a lot of junk food.
What amazes me is that when I travelled to AFrica, met a lot of locals who surprised me by not having bb. When I say locals, I mean the ones who live on nothing but fresh food, and never had chips or cool drinks or chocolate or smoke in their entire life. But some of the upper class Africans have some odour but on the whole most people from 3rd world countries not eating processed food, don't smell at all, even not having brushed their teeth, ever.

You know people should really post up things like whether tonsils removal increases the chances of cancer or something. Or the impact of w/t removal in later life.

My conclusion is that there are times when you have to use modern technology to cure modern problems. After removing my wisdoms + tonsils I haven't looked back or regretted, maybe one day when I get a serious disease. But right now I feel a sense of peace, no longer am I stinking up badly, I can move on with life. Yes I agree that the bacteria could find another place to settle but alas that is another story, another battle.

I'm just trying to point out that surgery isn't that bad, and sometimes it's necessary because it could be the difference between life and death.
halitosisux

Re: 12 years of stink.

Post by halitosisux »

Stankie wrote:I would like to believe the stink is much better now with my 'secret weapon'.
Hi, what is your secret weapon, the probiotic brew?

You could be right about the intestinal/lymphatic system being responsible for certain types of BB. But unless you know a fair bit more about how the lymphatic system works and how it could possibly lead to bad breath, then what you've said is purely hypothetical. Please don't think I'm being dismissive though. The reason I have my doubts is because so much doesn't make sense to me.

For instance, what is the gunk that forms between teeth that can sometimes smell IDENTICAL to tonsillolith odour? How can I sometimes still have that when I no longer even have my stone infested tonsils? Why did my breath not improve even slightly after my tonsillectomy?

My own theory on tonsil stones/skank is that they are nothing other than the accumulation of the skank that grows on the tongue surface. The dead skin, the debris, chemicals, minerals and microbial mix. Every time the tongue moves, this accumulation scrapes past the entrance to the crypts, forcing more and more into them with time. There, this mixture clumps and coagulates and eventually calcifies into the hard cheese-like clumps.

Or they may simply be biofilm formations that in the presense of post nasal drip or other abnormal ecological factors, leads to the production of clumped oral debris within any area where a level of stagnation can occur, such as between the teeth.

So, in other words, even if tonsils were just structures unconnected to the lymphatic system, they'd still produce stones. Just like the gaps between the teeth can.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Re: 12 years of stink.

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

. . .
Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

The secret weapon must really be something unpleasant if you aren't ready to mention it.

We've been talking about ingesting fecal matter recently, so you might as well out the info, Stankie.

I've had my tonsils out, and I agree, they aren't the source of the problem.. However, if anything, I feel I've experienced fewer colds and illnesses.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hello again.

Please continue posting your information. I don't really know much about any of the subjects you're describing, particularly of the immune system or the lymphatic system, so I'm looking forward to learning about everything you have to say and debating it together with everyone else.

There's so much we do not understand about BB, there are so many unanswered questions and things which do not fit or make sense. But, I have no doubt, that many of these unanswered questions are hidden within the subjects you're describing here.

But just to answer a couple of your questions, it was my right side tonsil which used to produce the most stench and the most stones. My left side did too, but nothing like my right. A Tonsillectomy in 1997 made absolutely zero difference to my BB or the stench on my tongue. A few years later I noticed stench from the gum around a half erupted wisdom tooth on my right side. After the tooth was removed, immediate 99% reduction in tongue odour and no more detectable bad breath.

I can't remember when I first noticed having tonsil stones. I've (apparently) always had bad breath, even in childhood. But I don't know whether that was because of something wrong with me or whether it was because of my bad oral hygiene at the time.

I suffer quite a lot with bloating and distention. I also suffer with asthma and allergic rhinitis.

Never had B.O. or nasal odours.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

In my case, it was my left that produced the biggest stones. They both did, but the left always felt a little more cryptic than the other.. Always a surprise hidden in that one.

I gotta admit. I sort of miss cleaning it out. is that strange? haha. There's something satisfying about cleaning in general, I don't think that can be denied.

Still, I'm glad the tonsils are gone.

I'm surprised to hear the lymphatic system is unique on each side. That's really interesting information.
HigherThoughts
Advanced

Post by HigherThoughts »

Hey stankie does you also have nasal odor as well? Do you have any idea of what your breath smells like?

You mentioned you have been able to reduce your smell before. What have you tried that reduced your smell?
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic