Your Email Address:

First Name:

HOPEFULLY CURED-MY STORY

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
lula

HOPEFULLY CURED-MY STORY

Post by lula »

EXAMPLE- I HAD TO MEET MY MOTHER ONE DAY TO GIVE HER SOMETHING. I MET HER AROUND 12PM ON THAT DAY. I MADE SURE FOR 24 HOURS I DID NOT BRUSH MY TEETH. WHEN I MET HER, I BLEW INTO HER FACE AND SPOKE TO HER. I ASKED HER IF I HAD BAD BREATH. THE ANSWER WAS NO. :^o SO, I WENT TO WORK AND I BRUSHED AND FLOSSED REALLY WELL BEFORE AND DURING WORK. OF COURSE, YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED WHEN I GOT TO WORK. PEOPLE RAN FROM ME.

EXAMPLE- EVERYONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO CARE FOR ME TOLD ME I DID NOT HAVE BAD BREATH. ONLY TO TALK TO SOMEONE AFTERWARDS AND THE PERSON JUMP 2 FEET BACK.

EXAMPLE- AFTER MONTHS OF CRYING AND TELLING MY MOTHER HOW PEOPLE TREAT ME. HOW HER(OUR) FAMILY TREAT ME . I TOLD HER I AM GOING TO ANOTHER ENT AND IF HE DOES NOT HELP ME I WILL NOT LIVE ANOTHER YEAR IN THIS HELL. I MEANT THIS WITH ALL OF MY HEART. I TOLD HER THIS IN THE CAR AND I STOPPED CRYING WHEN I SAID IT. SHE KNEW I WAS TELLING HER THE TRUTH. ANYWAY, WHEN WE GOT TO HER HOUSE, I LAID DOWN ON A BED AND DID NOT MOVE. SHE CAME IN AND ACTUALLY LAID ON TOP OF ME AND RAN HER NOSE CLOSE TO MY FACE. MY MOUTH WAS CLOSED. SHE SNIFFED AND LOOKED CONFUSED. SHE SAID SHE DID SMELL IT BUT IT WAS COMING FROM MY NOSE. I ASKED HER FROM A SCALE FROM 1-10, WHAT WAS THE INTENSITY? SHE SAID AN 8.

MENTAL RELIEF- MY MOTHER REALIZED THAT TELLING ME THE TRUTH DID NOT HURT MY FEELINGS. IN FACT, IT GAVE ME A NEW LEASE ON LIFE. YES, I HAVE NASAL AND SOMEWHAT MOUTH BAD BREATH. FINALLY, SOMEONE TOLD THE TRUTH.

SO, WITH THE TRUTH NOW COMES THE SOLVING OF THE PROBLEM(HOPEFULLY) WITH HER HELP.

I WENT TO THE ENT AND HE OF COURSE DID NOT SMELL ANYTHING. BUT I HAD WITH ME A SECRET WEAPON: someone who had suffered with bb as well.

MY MOTHER NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO TO HELP ME WENT TO A PREACHER FRIEND OF HERS AND EXPLAINED MY SITUATION. THE FRIEND TOLD HER SHE SUFFERED FROM THE SAME PROBLEM AND WENT TO AN ENT THAT HELPED HER. SO, JUST BY CHANCE, I HAD MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE SAME ENT. SHE DROVE ALL THE WAY TO SAVANNAH GEORGIA TO STAND WITH ME. HE TOLD ME THAT HE WOULD TAKE MY TONSILS AND ADENOIDS OUT. HE SAID THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE CURED SOME ARE NOT BUT HE WOULD DO WHAT HE CAN. AND IF THIS DOES NOT WORK, HE WILL SEE IF IT WAS MY SINUS. I HAD A CAT SCAN DONE. IT WAS NORMAL.

THE WEEK BEFORE MY PROCEDURE, I HAD TO SEE HIM. HE AGAIN TOLD ME IT MAY CURE ME AND IT MAY NOT. I HAD MY MOTHER THERE AND SHE TOLD HIM IT CAME MOSTLY FROM MY NOSE.

THE PROCEDURE WAS DONE ON 0CT 15. HE SENT ME HOME without ANTIBIOTICS. AT FIRST, I WAS CONCERNED ABOUT THIS BUT IN HIND SIGHT, I THINK THAT WAS WISE. I WOULD NOT GET A FALSE SENSE OF BEING CURED. SO, I HAD ONLY MY PAIN MEDS.

NOW, I HAVE A NEW JOB. I START ON DEC 10.

MY MOTHER KNEW HOW THE SMELL WAS BEFORE AND AFTER..
SHE SAYS THAT SHE DOES NOT SMELL ANYTHING OUT OF MY NOSE ANYMORE. THE FIRST FEW WEEKS WERE TOUCH AND GO. SOMETIMES SHE SMELLED AN ODOR SOMETIMES NOT.
NOW, SHE SAYS I DO HAVE MORNING BREATH BUT IT IS NORMAL NOT LIKE BEFORE. DURING THE DAY, I WOULD BLOW MY BREATH IN HER FACE AND SHE WILL TELL ME YEA OR NEA. LIKE ONE TIME WE ATE KOREAN FOOD. AND SHE SAID OHH YES SISTER GIRL YOU ARE RIPE. THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD. THE TRUTH. I WENT AND BRUSHED/FLOSSED AND DID THE SAME THING TO HER. SHE SAID SHE DID NOT SMELL ANYTHING.

NOW, ABOUT THE JOB. THIS WILL BE MY TEST. CO WORKERS WILL NOT BE SHY IN LETTING ME KNOW MY BREATH STANK. YOU KNOW THE SIGNS: AVOIDING ME, OFFERING ME GUM ALL THE TIME, TALKING ABOUT THE DENTIST, JUMPING 2-3 FEET BACK, MOVING HEAD WAY BACK, TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE THEY KNOW WITH BAD BREATH, ETC. MY MOTHER DOES NOT WANT ME TO GET PARANOID ABOUT IMAGINED SIGNS. SO, CAN ANYONE GIVE ME YOUR TAKE ON TRUE SIGNS VS IMAGINED SIGNS

MY SYMPTOMS VS NOW:
24/7 BAD TASTE IN MOUTH EVEN AFTER BRUSHING/FLOSSING VS FRESH TASTE AFTER BRUSING(BAD TASTE ONLY IF I HAD NOT BRUSHED IN A COUPLE OF HOURS,CLEARS UP AFTER BRUSHING) that being said. people with normal breath have bad breath throughout the day as well. i think to want fresh breath all day is far fitched. no one has good breath all the time. i think what we want is to have bad breath like everyone else.

COULD NOT SMELL BAD BREATH IN THE MORNING/ANYTIME VS SMELL A LITTLE ODOR IN THE MORNING BUT AFTER BRUSHING, NO SMELL--basically i can smell my breath now

SEVERE WHITE TONGUE VS STAYS PINK LONGER, LESS WHITE
note: my mother tongue is never pink. it stays off white and if she eats, it is white yellow. so a little white is okay.

NASAL ODOR VS NO NASAL ODOR(on testimony from mother)

SNEEZE EVERY NOW AND AGAIN VS SNEEZE EVERYDAY OR EVERY OTHER DAY.

NO MUCUS VS MUCUS FLOWING FREELY(i think this is important with adenoids. i think my sinuses drained properly but the adenoids blocked the flow from draining down my throat. i never, never had to clear my throat. i noticed everyone in my family cleared their throat in the morning and periodically through out the day. i never did. now, i do clear my throat slightly. mind you, i do not hack up blobs.

MY MOUTH IS LESS DRY IN THE MORNING UPON WAKING.

I BELIEVE THE DOCTOR KNEW IT WAS PROBABLY MY ADENOIDS OVER MY TONSILS, SO HE SCRAPPED BACK THERE VERY WELL.
EVEN NOW, SOMETIMES WHEN I YAWN HARD, I FEEL A LITTLE TIGHT DISCOMFORT WHERE MY ADENOIDS WERE.

I AM TELLING YOU HE SCRAPPED WELL BECAUSE HERE ARE THE DRAWBACKS WITH MY ADENOIDS NOT BEING THERE:
1. I SNEEZE ALOT. I MEAN ALOT
2. I COUGH A LOT AND THE REASON I COUGH ALOT IS THAT WHEN I DRINK, THE FLUID GOES SLIGHTLY UP MY NOSE IN THE BACK. THIS CAUSES A NATURAL REFLEX TO COUGH. NOTHING SHOULD BE ENTERING BACK THERE.
3. I USED TO EAT AND DRANK FAST. IF I EAT FAST NOW, I FEEL THE FOOD TEXTURE BACK THERE AND IT IS BUGS THE HELL OUT OF ME. SO, NOW I HAVE TO REMEBER TO EAT SLOW, SO THE FOOD AND FLUID GO DOWN CORRECTLY
4. I DO NOT LOVE JALEPENOS PEPPERS BUT EVERY NOW AND AGAIN I LIKE TO HAVE ONE. WELL, I CAN NOT EAT THEM ANYMORE. THE HEAT FROM THE PEPPER INSTEAD OF BEING CONCENTRATED IN MY MOUTH AND SLIGHTLY IN MY NOSE IS NOW CONCENTRATED ENTIRELY IN MY NOSE. I WAS IN TEARS AND PAIN. THIS NEVER HAPPENDED BEFORE.

MIND YOU, THE DRAWBACKS I THINK ARE WORTH IT IF MY BAD BREATH IS CURED AND I DARE SAY HELPED DUE TO MY ADENOIDS AND TONSILS BEING REMOVED.

ALSO, MEOWKITY, I HAVE BEEN READING YOUR POSTS BECAUSE YOU HAD BOTH YOUR ADENOIDS AND TONSILS REMOVED. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU WERE NOT CURED. YOUR FAMILY SNEEZING TO ME IS NOT A GREAT SIGN. NO ONE EVER SNEEZED AROUND ME, BUT PEOPLE HAVE COUGHED.

true signs vs imagined signs? that is the million dollar question.

glamourgirl05
Junior

Post by glamourgirl05 »

Heyy lula, how bad was your bad breath?? Could you smell it feet away? And as far as reactions have you tried maybe going to a restaurant, store shopping, movie theatre I'm pretty sure, you would know if you had still had bb amongs ppl and places like this, keep updating .... Oyea btw how was the lady who had bb cured??
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Congratulations, I hope this is your cure.

My story is similiar to yours, I have mild BB from mouth but room filling from my nose. People don't really react to my breath, I've been told that I need to shower or make sure I check the tissue when I wipe my ass.

One guy on here cured his nasal BB by having upper wisdoms removed.

But congrats all the same.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

well I think I was mostly cured at first, but I tink my problem is. Sinusitis, bacteral overgrowth and toxic system, but I really not sure. My tonsilletomy stopped the room filling nasal odor and took away cerain stenches of poo and rotten egg. Maybe I am still cured but my ocd makes me think I'm not, all of oour cases are a mystery. I'm nwondering why I constantly grow hairy tongue, I feel'i hve mny symptoms of just beng toxic. I also have grown distant from my mom becuse if she hadn't neglected my dentl care when I was young I feel I wouldn't be suuferng frm this. Going to the dentist only twice when yung and using the saame. Tooothbrush over a year because my mom was lazy ordidnt care haas me mad. Excuse typing using my tablet
lula

Hopefully cured my story

Post by lula »

Hi gg05,

I don't know how my breath was before I could never smell it even in the morning. Now I can smell it. I am sure it was and could be still bad. My mother is the only person who will let me know.

I never smelled my mother's friend breath. She was treated before I knew her problem

Also, I have talked and interacted with others in public. I don't know how to interpret. That's why I think when I start to work next week I will be able to know better.
I can say, No one has jumped back.

Yesterday my mother came by around 6pm to see me and I experimented on her again.
I blew into her face and she said yes. I breath from my nose and she said she smelled sweet listerine. I could not believe this. Earlier around 2:30, I put 2 listerine strips in my mouth. I went to sleep and woke up when she came by. I knew my breath was rank sense I had falling a sleep but I thought my nose odor would smell a little rank. And to find my nose odor had a faint listerine odor was music to my ears. She had no way of knowing I used listerine strips earlier.

Monday, I have to run several errands. I am going to speak and I will pay closer attention to how people react to me.
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

Hi Lula

Congratulations, I pray to God this works for you, though I'm not an advocate of having tonsils removed. I don't think our tonsils are the factor in severe sufferers, just my opinion alone, I'm sure some will disagree. But by all means I pray that I am wrong for your sake. I think closed end spaces like movies or somewhere that has an elevator would be a sure way to tell. Or better yet a sure fire way is to go to a fast food joint and talk EXTRA hard and loud to cashier and watch her facial reactions. I've learned from studying ppl that some are tough and can deal with the smell, so they may not step back or cough or sneeze, BUT they almost always have certain facial reactions. Reactions like flinching, frowning, not looking you in the eye, or on the other hand staring you in the eye too long (as if trying to figure out if that smell is you). All in all I wish this may have caused you some relief.

Btw
Had you taken several courses of antibiotics as a child?
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

hi lula,

i hope you're cured for good

like you, i also had a tonsillectomy but didn't help. just make me wonder how removing the adenoids will change things :-k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic