Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsillectomy tomorrow morning.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FedUp
God

Tonsillectomy tomorrow morning.

Post by FedUp »

Well I've been booked in for a tonsillectomy tomorrow morning.

On my 23rd Birthday of all days lol but I don't mind.

Should of seen my tonsils on the camera screen, You could see the holes filled with mucous. Luckily someone had a cancellation so they could fit me in :D

If this isn't the sole cause of BB at least the horrible tonsil stones will forever be gone.

I'll keep you updated.

jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Good luck with the procedure and happy birthday to you! Too bad it had to happen on your birthday ):
Be prepared it will hurt when swallowing for a good two weeks. Don't drink anything spicy such as v-8, but have some ensure on hand if you like ensure. Have a good night and keep us posted.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Consider it a birthday present to yourself. No more tonsil stones.. yay!
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

Happy birthday and best wishes!
needcurefast
Crybaby

Post by needcurefast »

Happy birthday hope this your cure. A cure would be a incredible gift. Hope you have good day.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Hey Man, happy birthday and good luck!! (whoops had a typo).
Last edited by Born To Suffer on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I found I was in pain only a couple of days and it wasnt that bad, just be careful not to get addicted to the pain medicine. I found my tonsillectomy cured me about 90%, even took away nose odor for a long time, but I think my body is so toxic that it has come back. I have neevr tasted or sensed rotten egg or fecal since having it done and my breath doesnt travel as far as it did before the procedure. Wishing you the best of luck and positive results. While it is healing, scabbing and blood drying, you may get worse just for awhile, it'll just smell like open wound. Upon waking up from the procedure, I could taste/sense an immmediate diference
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Just got back. minimal pain atm, god help me in a few days lol

This has gotta be it for me. I'll keep you lal updated.

ive been told to take plenty of fluids and eat properly, no soft food.
time4change
Junior

Post by time4change »

@fedup

Hope everything is going ok and that this is you're cure

Did u get my pm? I've been refused wisdom teeth extraction twice and refused ENT referral again, was wondering if u could PM me the contact details for ur ENT? Dw if you can't, I would realllly appreciate it if u could. Don't really know what to do was hoping the wisdom teeth removal would cure it all :(
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

timeforchange, since your getting denied, you need to fib/lie more about your condition. First maybe try to switch docs, since your is so stubborn, and then say your tonsils are painful, and you pop out stones. As far as the wisdom teeth, tell them your in bad pain. You know, I never had to beg my doctor, so I know she could smell it. well, now I have a new doc because my original left and shes not so easy. I cant get her to give me a gastroenterologist referal
kickn

Post by kickn »

Happy birthday!!. i was so excited to get mine pulled out. wish it would of worked
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Pain was't too bad this morning, took my meds and it's ok now. I have a white clump where my left tonsil was, hope that's not a bit of the tonsil they've missed. I hope it drops off. I also have a white clump stuck to my arch, I tried to peel it off but it's stuck lol

My doc said it could cure my nasal odor but I'm not counting my chickens. He said if nasal odor persists he will book me in for a CT scan of my upper sinuses, he did says the sinuses in my cheeks were clear. My breath would be mild but nasal odor is ten times worse.
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

" I also have a white clump stuck to my arch, I tried to peel it off but it's stuck lol "
Leave it alone, it's a scab and will go away.
How is your breath coming along?
You will have bb for about 2weeks or so and after that it will get better everyday.
btw do you still have wisdoms?
"hope that's not a bit of the tonsil they've missed"
Unfortunately the ENT can't completely remove your tonsils. You will have some tonsil left, but don't worry too much, removing the main infected tonsils is the most important part.
Last edited by Born To Suffer on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

tbh my breath doesn't seem too bad yet, All i can really smell is blood when I breathe out. I was told not to use mouthwash for at least 4 days but still brush my teeth and tongue. And yes I still do, my last dentist a few months he said my wisdoms were fine. in the last few weeks my gums round the back bottom teeth were bleeding, I started to brush them properly and they've been ok since, was a little sore at first. If this tonsillectomy isn't my cure then I'm gonna my sinuses checked and my wisdom re-looked at. I'm also gonna get tested for H-pylori if all else fails. Currently got Eminem's "Recovery" album on at the moment, very inspiring.
time4change
Junior

Post by time4change »

meowkity1 wrote:timeforchange, since your getting denied, you need to fib/lie more about your condition. First maybe try to switch docs, since your is so stubborn, and then say your tonsils are painful, and you pop out stones. As far as the wisdom teeth, tell them your in bad pain. You know, I never had to beg my doctor, so I know she could smell it. well, now I have a new doc because my original left and shes not so easy. I cant get her to give me a gastroenterologist referal
Thanks for the reply, I was in tears saying that I was in pain about my wisdom teeth but both surgeons said that it wasn't the cause of my pain and they didn't want to remove them as they were close to a nerve. I've found one more place which is private so will cost a bit, have an appointment booked in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed!

It's a bit of a struggle to find a dr who will remove tonsils because of stones, was kinda hoping someone could help me out with any ENT they knew that would do it, but will keep calling up places and trying to find one. I remember reading that u were almost completely cured after surgery, is this still the case??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic