Your Email Address:

First Name:

Lactoferrin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
MissPretty
Advanced

Lactoferrin

Post by MissPretty »

I think lactoferrin deserves its own thread. I ordered a can from Jarrow today. Is there anyone who has tested? Mike you had ordered? How's it going?

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

In the other thread. It seems like it's not really working for people, though I thought there was at least one person who was getting benefits.

But good idea. It's own thread here and people telling us specifically about it.

I've only been taking it as instructed. Right now, I'm doing the parasite cleanse, so I don't even know if the lactoferrin can reach it's full potential, the way I've been shitting.

When I get real on it, I'll probably take at least three or 4 a day. I don't want to encourage bad medicinal habits, but I feel like we'd need an overdose.. to get a noticeable difference in something, not just our breath.
ruch
Sheriff

Re: Lactoferrin

Post by ruch »

MissPretty wrote:I think lactoferrin deserves its own thread. I ordered a can from Jarrow today. Is there anyone who has tested? Mike you had ordered? How's it going?
are you using capsules? a can makes me think it is powder? i wonder if powder might be better since it would come into contact with your mouth, whereas capsules just go straight down into your gut.

keep us posted.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i have been taking 2 a day (500mg total). i don't think it is really helping. at firs,t my tongue wasn't white but i notice the white slowly returning. so random how it comes and goes. i wonder why.

i might need more but not sure how much more, etc..
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

by the way, since taking it, i feel that it makes me a bit more gassy.. i think it is the lactoferrin anyway. anyone else have this?
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

No gas for me, it actually makes me feel less bloated.
The best results I have obtained with lactoferrin are with taking 250 mg lactoferrin + 3 Lysozyme Plus pills three times a day before eating. Keep on an empty stomach for at least 30 min.
Cheers
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

Peace wrote:No gas for me, it actually makes me feel less bloated.
The best results I have obtained with lactoferrin are with taking 250 mg lactoferrin + 3 Lysozyme Plus pills three times a day before eating. Keep on an empty stomach for at least 30 min.
Cheers
so it has been working to diminish your bad breath?

also, can you tell me more about lysozyme? what is it and what does it do?

today, i tried emptying the lactoferrin capsule into a small amount of water, stirring it up (it doesn't really dissolve but floats around) and then gargling and swallowing it. i didn't find that it did anything different from swallowing the capsule whole...
Peace
Junior

Post by Peace »

Yes, it has. I used to have fecal breath that I could smell myself, and that is gone. I also rinse my sinuses with saline (the up and down method in the shower) and use smart mouth in the morning. This so far what has worked the best after covering the whole gamut.

Lysozyme is an enzyme that weakens cell wall of bacteria and cause them to explode, basically. it's often found together with lactoferrin and act together as natural antibacterials. Give it a try..
bbshiat

Post by bbshiat »

so guys any updates ?

i got lactoferin too, i take my first couple hours ago..

hope it works..
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

bbshiat, good luck. By the way ruch, it was the capsules I ordered. Did not even know that there was in powder form.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

has anyone ever tried using biotene mouthwash? it's for dry mouth and easy to find in drug stores. i looked at the ingredients today (didn't buy it though) and noticed that it has few ingredients, and 3 of them are lactoferrin, lysozyme, and
lactoperoxidase, all of which have been mentioned on this forum:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/10892 ... gredients/

biotene also has a dry mouth gum. if it has the same ingredients, i imagine it might be at least somewhat helpful if lactoferrin is indeed useful. anyone ever try the gum or mouthwash, or any of their other products?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I don't think it's doing anything for my breath.

Last week while on the train, I smelled some guy's sweet breath and felt angry I couldn't have that.

A few days ago I smelled the barber's similar sweet breath and I was overjoyed at the rare possibility that I might have been smelling my own breath off of these guys that might somehow have been made sweet by lactoferrin.

Yesterday though.. I was in close contact with a lot of people in my class.... I swear, every time I think it's someone farting, but it was me. Fart breath. Pure fart breath.

WHY and HOW? At least tell me how it's happening, somebody. GAAAaaaah.
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

Hi mike987!
I've also tried lactoferrin and i don' think it helps.
A'bout fartbreath i'm quite sure the odor comes from the stomach/throat in most cases and gums/between teeth second.I got the same problem and i can now smell its from the throat/stomach when i stick my finger as far i can down the throat.If anybody knows how i can get rid of this oder from my stomach plz help.I'm from Sweden sorry for my English.Take care
bbshiat

Post by bbshiat »

same story lactoferrin did nothing..

i´m so sick of buying things.. wasting my money..
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Hm, I think lactoferrin might be responsible for defeating my white tongue I haven't had clear for most of a year. It's perfectly clear in some spots now before that seemed impossible to clear... Although I did change my tongue brush type.

Still, no relation to BB, as my BB was really bad yesterday.

Who was it who first mentioned lactoferrin working for them, and is it still working for them now?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic