Your Email Address:

First Name:

An Amazing Discovery - Sugarfree/Chewable VITAMIN C

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

It should be added that most adults don't have adenoids ... they often disappear after childhood. So first thing to do is visit an ENT to find out :arrow:

oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Dear Members,

I want to put this out there as a topic of discussion. I recently had a very interesting discussion with a female which has caused me to really think hard about the condition of this disorder. My chronic halitosis state has been amazing. Since I stopped using mouthwash, have not touched one drop since three months ago when I started the vitamin C experiment, the flora/oral bacteria balance in my mouth has improved beyond my wildest dreams. My breath is as normal as it can get.

You see, I’ve used harsh chemicals in mouthwash all my life. All my life, 2-4 times a day.

Here’s my observation; like all living organisms, once it dies it decomposes, rots, and therefore, a natural byproduct of decomposition/death is emitting horrible, stinky sulfuric odor, exactly the same odor that affects virtually all halitosis sufferers. If somehow we stopped “killing” bacteria in the mouth with harsh chemicals the body will naturally returns to a homeostasis balance.

I know this sounds radical, even blasphemy according the “bad breath bible” (lol) but given the fact that everyone here prescribes to the doctrine that “bad breath” can only be controlled by harsh chemicals, chloride dioxide and alcohol, this has been what scientists and experts dictate. What if they are wrong, what if WE are wrong!

Well, for thousands of years, before Sir Isaac Newton proved otherwise, science said that the world was flat, the sun orbits around the earth, and one must fight fire with fire. (ok, the last statement isn’t scientific.)

What if that’s NOT how this disorder (halitosis) works? What if all the body needs was time to heal itself, time for the natural biological functions of the human chemistry to restoring itself to a healthy function. After all, probiotics was designed to colonize the tongue and oral cavity with healthy bacteria.

Here’s an interesting occurrence. Doctors (obgyn) tell female patients to NOT constantly “douch” during their menstrual cycle because killing bacteria can lead to other complications. Women feel that they smell horrible, disgusting, and dirty during the time of the month. Well, isn’t that how we feel about halitosis? The perception of the mind, it’s a powerful thing. There are good bacteria that are essential to cleansing of their periods. So by constantly “washing” themselves it’s not.

Forgive me ladies for using this example, but I believe that halitosis sufferers are doing exactly what we ought NOT do; killing all bacteria indiscriminately with harsh mouthwash.

Here’s what I am proposing. Please perform this experiment for at lease six weeks. Stop using mouthwash completely. You may use sugarless vitamin C as a buffer but eventually stop using even the VC.

You have nothing to lose. It will be extremely uncomfortable at first because you will be dependent upon mouthwash to provide you with a false sense of security. We all know current mouthwashes provide only temporary masking of odor. We know from first hand experiences what harsh mouthwash has done to our healthy bacterial population. They’re all dead. Completely void in the mouth of halitosis sufferers.

If a few of you who are willing to step outside of the box to try something radical to healing your condition, please perform this experiment. Stop using harsh mouthwash. Keep us posted on a weekly basis. Also, please find someone who can perform a smell test on you. I know this will send many of you walking away. But you must do this for your own peace of mind.

I understand that a few of you are currently NOT using any mouthwash and has stopped using it many years ago. Well, this applies only to those whom are currently using/abusing mouthwash. You have nothing to lose by performing this experiment. Perhaps, you may discover the truth.

I welcome your feedbacks/criticisms and input.

JOHN
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

it's official now....Oceanside has gone crazy! ](*,)
No mouthwash and tothpaste because chemicals kill bacteria? #-o
and to try this out for 6 weeks? =D> hmmm... sounds tempting :-k -NOT!
C'mon man! u can not really expect that ure body will naturally defend its self with what it's got, that's like omeone u has influenza and not getting a shot!( when u are little kid u get differents shots/injections against different disseases becasuse ure own body can not fight them itself)...maybe it isn't called influeza-i'm not good with english words)
anyway I did see once couple of people who didn't use mouthwasshes and pastes on discovery chanel in Some thirdworld countries africa and stuff, and I can tell u this: They did not look good with few of those teeth they still had, not mentioning the color...
well thats all I have to say...

oh and about u going crazy, that was a joke :mrgreen: O:)
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Hi john,
what you´re sayin´is interesting....it´s another possibility like all the oders, since we aren´t scientist...so what can we do¿¿¿?? nothing but try....

The thing is i have bb since 14, and i didn´t take any specific mouthwash till 23 (2 years ago) when i get internet and found some dentist that selled a clorexidine dioxine homemade mouthwash, (but now that i remember...i used listerine one time a day for a few years too...)

So in that years with no mouthwash my breath was bad anyway......It won´t be healed alone.....

But what i can say is that now that i lasered my tonsils my condition get an improve, and now i´m maybe using a mouthwash 1 time every 3 days, and many days i just forgot to use it..... (cause it never gave me a GREAT relief anyway..)

and what i think i´m feeling now, is that this allows me to get a better effect of the mouthwash when i used it. I think that this thing of not using it every days allows the mouthwash to work better....

So, i think that you´re theory could work maybe.....

Tomorrow arrives two bottles of gnc vit c that xoxo send to me, so i will try to stand the experiment.....
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

i think this could be a possibility (afteral you said it worked for you oceanside) but maybe only if the tonsils are not playing up. I guess this would include some of the new colgate toothpastes which have "special" antibacterial properties.

Gotta hand it to john, always at the forefront of new exciting discoveries.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I used only vitamin C, I do not use mouthwashes for years now.

And i did not get relief.
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

ICE-

Well, influeza (common cold) doctors say not to use any forms of medication, just lots of H2o, VC/orange juice, and rest, rest, rest. People use cold/cought medications Not realizing that the bulk of active ingredient is mostly "alcohol" wihch makes the body drowsy thus sleep, sleep, sleep.

Also, when doctors gives immunizations shots to kids what they are doing is introducing foreight antibotics into the immune system. In turns it "mutates" the human antibody tiny littles soldiers to fight off foreign invaders that makes us sick. Imumunization shots actually alters/changes/mutate antibodies in our system. We all know to well able mutations thus alot has said some mouthwash worked for a few weeks but then it rendered useless.

Native Americans/Indigenous Hawaiians, and many tribal civilizations did not suffered from the common cold, sexually transmitted diseases, Herpes, ect, before being contact, exposed to foreigners. The foreigners introduced diseases to their bodies much like modern medicine has invaded our bodies with all kinds of chemicals, additives, antibiotics, ect. That's not to say they're bad because our bodies has adapted to food/diet/lifestyle of today.

It's okay to use toothpaste and daily flossing. In fact, that's proper oral hygyne. I'm saying to not abuse harsh mouthwash like many of us have been religously doing. It made my mouth worse, and the more the odor mutated, the mouth harsher mouthwash and dosages I used.

We can't compare apples to oranges. Tribal Africans/indigenous people have no teeth, blackened teeth because they chew on bettle nuts, raw tobacco, coco leaves, ect which destroys teeth enemals, caused cavities, gingervitis, and gum diseases.

We/western civilazations don't chew of bettle nuts, a few merely smoke a cigarette. lol-just as bad. But thank God, they brush and floss or they might look exactly like Aboriginal tribe of New Guinia.

And you are right, I asked myself if I was crazy. I answered NO, I am not crazy. :-s :lol:
Thanks for your input. I enjoyed it. Great thoughts.

Emotioanl R-

I truly don't have answers because as you said, we're NOT scientists. But even cutting edge scientists are puzzled at the complexity of this disorder. I hope your condition continues to progress and that the laser cryptolysis is your answer, and some day you will be completely CURED. I believe and have hope.

Keep being proactive in your search for a cure. Great job. Since your condition has greatly improved with laser cryptolysis try to think about your pattern of doing things. All the things in relating to daily regimen that hasn't been successful all these years and maybe change it, modify it.

You might find better results by eliminating things that hasn't work. The old saying why continued doing the same thing if you keep having the same result. That was how I dealt with my condition and has seen so much improvements with my breath.

Austuser-

Thank you. I completely eliminated mouthwash in my daily routine, mouthwash first thing in the morning, mouthwash after lunch, mouthwash before going out on the town, and mouthwash before bed. I was killing myself with harsh chemicals. (speaking for myself only and not everyone else symptoms.)

I no longer suffer from rapid plague build-up around upper back, lower bottom teeth, gross white coated tongue, only after meals posterior tongue gets coated, nasty taste and horrible bad breath.

I am trying very hard to deprogram my mind to stop "stinking thinking" as I still feel paranoid abot my breath, afraid to speak openly and comfortably with others in close proximity. Still dealing with circumstantial/situational depression as the result of life-long halitosis. I am much better now and living life to the fullest with joy and peace of mind. I still have bills to pay, people to deal with, and daily problems but I don't have to deal with them like before when everything was so overwhelming. It was hopeless. I am doing so much better on my road to recovery, for the first time in my life.

Jimi-

With tonsil stones problem, I realized that immediately first thing in the morning if I don't spit out morning breath saliva out of mouth and lie there in bed, even for 5 minutes, saliva hardens in the crypts to form tonsil stones. Than I would have to pick at it. But if I immediately spite and brush instead of lying in bed tonsil stones don't have a chance to collect in the crypts of my tonsils to harden into gross, smelly balls.

I used to have severe tonstil stones as a kid but when I stopped lying in bed with morning breath saliva it got better.

Keep the faith everyone, as better days will be here for all of us.

JOHN
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

^ great posts above.

I had stopped using mouthwash for a good while. 3-4 months without any, but a salt rinse and the occasional hydro perox to help dislodge some stones. I'm not sure if I notice any difference... but here may be what separates some BB sufferers from others. Not all of our smells originate from the mouth. It doesn't matter how clean my mouth is. I can clean every hour of the day, and still have that sewage juice eminate from the throat, causing bad breath. If you have pnd or any feeling of rotten mucous coming up from the throat... no matter how you wash your mouth, that stuff is still coming.

It's like if you excersize and work out to a stinky sweat, and you just wash your clothes.. No matter what type of detergent you use to clean the clothing, eventually the odor from your body will get through. Until you properly clean your skin, you will still stink.
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

Yes, exactly. I completely agree with you 100%. We don't have the same causes and origin of this disorder and everyone suffers differently. There's no one magic pill that cures all.

Keep on searching.

JOHN
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Don't know if this should be a 'sticky post' any more... newcomers to the site might believe that Vit C is actually an amazing 'cure', while in reality we've seen very little evidence that it works consistenty for anyone (sadly) :roll:
BBNO

Post by BBNO »

Regarding the "stop using mouthwash" topic: The theory behind Bliss K12 is to kill off the existing oral flora and repopulate with a non-odorous bacteria. Logic seems to say it would work if your problem is originating only from the oral VSC producing bacteria. I have yet to read any posts on this forum claming Bliss has "cured" anyone. It may be only a part of a cure. I believe those of us with chronic, intense BB have multiple causes
and no one product/procedure will completely slay the BEAST.
yuckykat

Post by yuckykat »

I managed to get the chewable vitamin c capsule...i sucked on one...burned my tongue...no relief from bad breath...the following day I had small chunks of tongue surface coming off...holes in my tongue! :shock:
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

oceanside wrote:Also, when doctors gives immunizations shots to kids what they are doing is introducing foreight antibotics into the immune system. In turns it "mutates" the human antibody tiny littles soldiers to fight off foreign invaders that makes us sick. Imumunization shots actually alters/changes/mutate antibodies in our system. We all know to well able mutations thus alot has said some mouthwash worked for a few weeks but then it rendered useless.
Not really ;) Immunization shots introduce dead or weakened antigens to your body so it produces antibodies to fight them off and memory b-cells and t-cells which are able to "remember" this particular antigen and respond by quickly producing antibodies when this antigen enters your body next time and thus making you "immune" to this antigen. There are no mutations and stuff.
From school's biology :mrgreen:
orange111
Junior

Post by orange111 »

hi,

how many people have been helped by vit c tablets?
does it lessen the odour?
allan101s
Total Newbie

Post by allan101s »

Hi guys,
This is Stephen, Angel-C combines vitamin C with quercetin, and oligomeric-proanthocyanidins for extra antioxidant support.It is shaped like little angels that young children enjoy. It is the perfect complement to Maximum Living's Little Angels multiple vitamin & mineral, which is available in both a chewable and liquid formula.
Last edited by allan101s on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic