Your Email Address:

First Name:

An Amazing Discovery - Sugarfree/Chewable VITAMIN C

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

oceanside wrote:well, members.

I have to say, I am very pleased with the help of chewable vitamin C, 1,000gm, four times a day=4,000mg.

I am very pleased.

I had a very confident day at work and at the gym (had a face-to-face conversation with a hot chick) she didn't flinch even once.

I will boldly claim that my body/immune system is being radically altered by the introduction of 4,000 mg of chewable vitamin C beyond my wildest dreams. Never in a million years would I thought hight dosage of vitamin c, (cheap, simple, and natural) would restored my oral/flora balance. The raw sewage stench that has been prevelent in my mouth 24/7 is under controlled.

Thank God!

I just hope that reality won't kick me in the ASS with another dosage of cold reality; another letdown, failure, just when I thought I am saved, BAM, right in the face, halitosis returned with a vengeance.

I am happy, torn, mixed feelings, numbed. Please let this be the answer.

Members, please keep us posted with your progress. Again, suck on the tablets, allow it to slowly dissolve in your mouth, ok.

And with side effects/overdose, if our bodies are deprived of vitamin c then high dosage is providing exactly what we have been deficient of. So the body is getting what it desperately needs.

LOOKING FORWARD TO BETTER DAYS-FOR ALL OF US.

Faithfully,

John
sounds great john. did you get a confirmation from your co-worker to see if she could smell anything?

i'm on my 3rd day. haven't been that vigilant about checking my breath today and also stuffed up. so i don't know how much/if it's helping. at lesat there's not that overwhelming smell of fecal odor. i did smell the sour breath at some point, and then the metallic breath at another time. but i don't think it was pungent. my mouth tastes more metallic today than yesterday. my stomach is beginnng to feel a little weird. like it almost hurts but not really. like agitated right before it becomes heartburn. i think it's the acid. i wonder what i can do to prevent my stomach from getting irritated from the acid? any ideas, anyone?

actually i was just sucking on two tablets (500mg), and after a while, my stomach started to feel kind of bloated and then i felt sort of nauseous. as if stomach acid was regurgitating. reflux from too much acid?

i have to say tho' - when i do the lick test, my saliva smells "normal" now. it stops having that morning breath stinky smell.

and questions, john - when you said raw sewage stench, did you mean the fecal odor or was this different?

have you felt any side effects at all? stomach irritation? if not side effects, have you noticed any changes besides the ridding of your breath? energy level, sleep pattern, appetite, etc.?

waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Re: That's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girlie girl wrote:Hey y'all,

I hope that this is what we've been waiting on, not a treatment with all these chemicals and harmful items added to it--instead a natural element that we can feel safe trying. I am going out to purchase mine. I am a Registered Nurse and I will say that many drugs require "loading doses" and I believe that if you start with the 4000 mg and then once you notice a difference, that you decrease dosage to 2000 mg. Loading dosage is a very common medical practice and with very good reasoning. Please everyone try to keep your "study" going, maybe this is the key to success. Good luck everyone. \:D/
hey girlie girl,

good to have someone in the medical profession here. :) do you think maybe you could gather different opinions from other doctors and medical professionals regarding how safe it is to take such a high dosage of vit c as a long term solution?

thanks for your input. it's good to have a professional around in our little community.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

i just read the article that girlie girl suggested us reading:

Randomly megadosing on single nutrients (which includes Vitamin C) creates a risk of significantly
imbalancing one's system, and it makes little difference whether water-soluble vitamins like Vitamin C
and B-vitamins are used or not. While excessive intake of fat-soluble vitamins as well as overdosing
on a number of trace minerals can be toxic, even water-soluble nutrients can do an amazing amount of
damage when regularly overdosed on during their sometimes short journey through the body.

Any time a single nutrient is supplemented at excessive amounts, one is really dealing with a much
more powerful drug-like effect. And although this has a greater potential to help a medical situation,
it equally has the potential of making a particular medical condition worse, or even create new ones
if inappropriately used. Supplementing above-RDA / DRI amounts of Vitamin C will most certainly
have a positive effect on most people's general health, however the decision to megadose on Vit C
(> 5,000 mg) - or any other nutrient - should at least be supported with some valid clinical reasons or evidence"

and,

"When no other test methods are available, most doctors recommend the "Bowel Tolerance Challenge"
for determining the optimal intake of Vitamin C - by ingesting increasing amounts of ascorbic acid until
diarrhea sets in, then reducing Vitamin C to a tolerated dose, which - as mentioned above - only reflects
someone's tolerance to the type of Vitamin C used, but it does not indicate actual requirements."

:-k

i really hope that all the medical professionals on the site could find out more about how safe it is to keep doing this in the long term.

btw, i just flossed. turned out there was still a fair amount of fecal odor on my floss, some metallic and "stinky saliva" odor, but the fecal part is definitely much better than a few days ago.

John, did you notice immediate improvement when you were still on 2000 mg and THEN upped your inatake to 4000 mg? or did you only notice improvement ONLY after you upped your dosage to 4000 mg?
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

waitingforrelief wrote:[sounds great john. did you get a confirmation from your co-worker to see if she could smell anything?

i'm on my 3rd day. haven't been that vigilant about checking my breath today and also stuffed up. so i don't know how much/if it's helping. at lesat there's not that overwhelming smell of fecal odor. i did smell the sour breath at some point, and then the metallic breath at another time. but i don't think it was pungent. my mouth tastes more metallic today than yesterday. my stomach is beginnng to feel a little weird. like it almost hurts but not really. like agitated right before it becomes heartburn. i think it's the acid. i wonder what i can do to prevent my stomach from getting irritated from the acid? any ideas, anyone?

actually i was just sucking on two tablets (500mg), and after a while, my stomach started to feel kind of bloated and then i felt sort of nauseous. as if stomach acid was regurgitating. reflux from too much acid?

i have to say tho' - when i do the lick test, my saliva smells "normal" now. it stops having that morning breath stinky smell.

and questions, john - when you said raw sewage stench, did you mean the fecal odor or was this different?

have you felt any side effects at all? stomach irritation? if not side effects, have you noticed any changes besides the ridding of your breath? energy level, sleep pattern, appetite, etc.?
raw sewage, is the stench (rotten egg) that I smell from occassional backdraft. My friend said my breath was "fine". I was really happy to hear her said that.

WFR, I have an iron stomach. a/b four months ago my MD said that acid reflux was the cause of my BB, but i don't have reflux. My stomach is fine, not irritation, no upset, nausia, no problem of any kind w stomach. I hope it stays that way.

My suggestion for you is to dissolve/suck 1000mg right after a meal. That way less chance of stomach upset.

I feel less drowsy during the day, maybe that's a sign of more energy? Sleeping is fine and eating, I never have a problem with eating-I love to eat.

Try taking vitamin right after meals tomorrow and see how your stomach feels. I sure hope this is not another setback for you due to upset stomach. :cry:

I only noticed the improvement after I upped the dosage to 4000mg, the second week of taking the vitamin C (vc).
rmb

Post by rmb »

this is my second day of taking chewable vitamin c 4000 mg a day,this morning i checked my saliva and it seem there is an improvement,ill take at least a week and ask my friend if there is positive result.
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

this article has some interesting points about the dosages of vitamin c, although he does make some bold statements. Maybe he's a vitamin c-counsil worker, who stands on street corners dressed in a big vit-c costume....

http://www.articlebeach.com/article6680.html
tony
Junior

Post by tony »

I have been taking high doses of vit C for 5 days now and although there may have been a slight improvement in my BB it is definatlely no cure.
Hope it works better for the rest of you guys.
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

tony wrote:I have been taking high doses of vit C for 5 days now and although there may have been a slight improvement in my BB it is definatlely no cure.
Hope it works better for the rest of you guys.
Thank you, tony for trying the experiment. sorry it didn't help you. this thing is so hard to beat. there are some many causes and symptoms, ect to deal with. :(

good luck.

john
KC
Junior

Post by KC »

I tried using vit c yesterday, I also have serious stomache after taking the first pill. My saliva becomes very thick and I really feel not good to take the chewable vit c. But my tongue goes pink. When I talk to people with the pill in my mouth, it seems there is less reaction (but I'm not sure about it coz the pill can only last 3-5 minutes). After the pill totally dissolve, I got more serious reaction from other people when I talk. I will keep trying and will see it really works or not on Saturday coz I gotta work for a damn family each Sat. They never hesitate to humilate my breath.
And dun rely on lick test or those stupid spoon test. I have a friend whose saliva is very stink but no bad breath problem. Simply go to talk to people when you chewing the pill or after taking the pill, if 8 out of 10 cover their noses when you talk, that means you still have serious bb. Its obvious enough to show that its not in our head.
rmb

Post by rmb »

[quote="tony"]I have been taking high doses of vit C for 5 days now and although there may have been a slight improvement in my BB it is definatlely no cure.
Hope it works better for the rest of you guys.[/quote]

Did you ask somebody to check if there is improvement or not?what
is your basis that it has no effect?
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

hey john, has the effect of vit c been accumulative? like ever since you upped your dosage to 4000 a day, has it been getting better and better, or you experienced relief right away?

i feel some relief sometimes, but when it does happen , it seems to last only a short while.
bwonita69

Seven days taking vit-C

Post by bwonita69 »

Ok i`m still taking the mineral spray from Sami i dont think this has helped alot, however i dont like to waste money!!!! PND with the nasal spray i brought from him has cleared up completely!!!
Vit C been taking for 7 days now and not sure whether improvement in my breath as i havent got the balls to ask anyone (and yes i have bad bb and i know this as ive seens peoples reactions towards me!!! and even on a bad day i catch a whiff and its not atall pleasent!)
Vit-C has helped my dry mouth and white tongue has cleared a little. Had no side effects from taking high dosages of Vit C, but having a miost mouth alot of the time has given me confidance.
Alot of the plaque build up i normally get has almost completely gone and that im sure is due to the vit c.
Havent caught a whiff of my breath since taking vit c, so im thinking this is a good thing?????????????????
Just thought i would let u know how im getting on
oceanside
Master

Post by oceanside »

austuser wrote:this article has some interesting points about the dosages of vitamin c, although he does make some bold statements. Maybe he's a vitamin c-counsil worker, who stands on street corners dressed in a big vit-c costume....

http://www.articlebeach.com/article6680.html
This is the article austuser provided. Obviosly the author, Dr. Bates, is pro-vitamin C. As convincing as this article is, anti vitamin C people will argue against the high usage of vit C, and everything else for that matter.

So, decide for yourself.
=====================================================================
Myths and Truths about Vitamin C By: Philip W. Bate PhD

It’s amazing the number of lies and distortions that have been told about Vitamin C. There have been several so-called “scientific” tests of this wondrous vitamin that claimed it was not efficient as a bacteria and virus killer. Yet just a little knowledge shows that these supposedly “scientific“ tests” have all been wrong. Vitamin C is very effective at killing both bacteria and viruses in the blood.

A little knowledge about how bacteria and virus reproduce will show you what’s been wrong about most of these tests. Did you know that both bacteria and viruses actually reproduce so as to double in numbers within about 20 minutes or so? That’s BINARY multiplication.

Maybe you’ve heard the old story about the ancient king whose kingdom was being ravaged by a plague. A wizard was called in, and he solved the problem. The grateful king wanted to reward him, and offered him his weight in gold, or precious jewels, but the wizard only asked for 1 grain of wheat on one square of a chessboard, and 2 grains on the next square, and 4 on the next, doubling the number of grains on each succeeding chess square.

The king thought that was a pretty cheap deal, and immediately agreed, but he didn’t think it thru. The wizard now owned the kingdom. This is binary math (ask your kids about it). There are 64 squares on a chessboard, so the 10th square had over 1000 grains of wheat, the 20th square had over a million grains of wheat, the 30th square had over a billion grains of wheat, etc (you do the math for 64 squares - you’ll find out that it’s 2 to the 64th power! There isn’t that much wheat on the planet!

So, going back to these “scientific” tests, let’s suppose that we (like some popular ads) kill 99% of the bacteria/virus. In just 200 minutes (3+ hours or so), the bacteria/virus is back up to full strength.

That’s just one factor that these “scientists” overlook. It’s also necessary to “saturate” the entire blood stream with vitamin C. This takes a lot more than the RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) of 75 milligrams. Most of these “scientific tests” paid for by the drug companies (who don’t like competition of any kind or type) use amounts like 500 mg. This doesn’t saturate the blood at all, and of course, whatever virus or bacteria is present isn’t even slowed down much at all. So, their (“scientific”) report shows (again) that Vitamin C isn’t effective against viruses like the common cold.

All too many people “think” that the RDA amounts of vitamins and minerals is sufficient for good health because of the “spin” of advertising. (The original MDA was determined by the cereal companies, and they lobbied to get the name changed to RDA instead, because it made cereals look better. Since it was designed originally as a MINIMUM amount to prevent nutritional deficient diseases such as scurvy, pellagra, and beriberi, it obviously isn’t even close to a formula for good health.

Next, let’s look a bit closer at the “real” vitamin C requirements for “good health”. Zoo vets have found that a 150 pound ape requires a minimum of 4 grams (4000mg) of vitamin C per day for good health. (Apes are pretty valuable animals!). That’s a big difference - 75 mg or 4000 mg!! (I’ve been taking 4 grams a day of vitamin C for many years.)

Whether you believe that man is descended from apes or not, the plain fact is that we share the same mechanism and need for vitamin C as does the entire primate family. Most other animals on this planet actually are able to manufacture vitamin C in their own bodies, but somehow about 65 years ago, we “primates” lost an enzyme that is needed for the manufacture of vitamin C. Ironically, the other animals manufacture vitamin C out of glucose. With the amount of sugar we, in our culture, consume, we’d be in pretty good health if we could still do this.

Here’s another interesting fact. When other animals are stressed, they manufacture (and use) much more vitamin C. If you correlate size to size, we find that a mouse, or a horse, actually generates about 10 grams of vitamin C per 150 pounds when under stress. This makes it pretty obvious that stress uses up vitamin C, and much more is needed when under such stress conditions.

Normally, taking too much vitamin C (like other “overdoses”) causes diarrhea. For most persons in our culture on less than 1000 mg per day, 10 grams or so will start diarrhea in a reasonably healthy person. An amazing fact - If there is a bacteria/virus present, doses up to 100 grams often do not cause diarrhea.

This fact gives us a valuable clue to the dosage needed to combat a viral or bacterial infection. Take enough vitamin C every hour to just stay just below the “bowel tolerance”level. Of course, this amount will vary depending on the individual, and also on the virus/bacteria as well as on the severity of the infection. (I once had a patient with viral hepatitis who went up to 65 grams for two days, and cured himself in two days.)

So, now, let’s put these above facts together with a few more. It’s been shown that 1000 mg (1 gram) of vitamin C will saturate the blood of a 150 pound person. However, this “saturation” doesn’t last very long, as vitamin C combines with all minerals in the blood, and it’s dissipated by stress as well. So, the blood saturation with 1000 mg of vitamin C may last only minutes if under stress such as a virus attack. In a reasonably healthy person, the 1000 mg of vitamin C will only be ”useful” for a few hours in any case.

So, how much vitamin C should a reasonably healthy person take every day to stay healthy? From the above facts, it should be obvious that a minimum of 3-4 grams per day (depending on how much fruits and vegetables are ingested) per 150 pounds of weight. Since vitamin C is metabolized within a few hours, then these 3-4 grams should be spread out as much as possible. Every six hours taking1 gram would be excellent, but for most people, 2 grams in the AM, and 2 grams in the evening is good enough. The blood will be saturated every 12 hours or so.

Of course, if you even begin to feel a cold or virus coming on, up that dosage to bowel tolerance immediately, and the virus will be defeated early. (If the “bird” virus comes to the US, I plan to up my vitamin C to 2 grams every 3-4 hours during the day.)

Next, let’s look at an under use of vitamin C. There has been a lot of hype about “chelation”, and mineral toxicity, particularly in the case of Autism and mercury. Did you know that mercury is also a major factor in Depression? Copper toxicity is a major factor in Schizophrenia. Cadmium and Lead are potentially toxic minerals causing various “brain problems”.

While vitamin C is NOT a true chelator in the usual sense, it does combine with minerals in the blood stream, metabolizes them, making them water soluble, and then carries them out of the body via the kidney/urine pathway. In effect, vitamin C does the same job as the more expensive chelators.

While I was in active practice, EDTA was the favored choice of chelation. Not being an MD, I could not do this, but did refer a few to an MD who could do it. For most, I simply advised them to start with 4 grams per day, and gradually work up to 10 grams per day. It takes at least a year to take out excess copper, mercury or other toxic minerals, but at least for the several schizophrenics I worked with, the symptoms, hallucinations, etc disappeared within a week or so. Vitamin C has the advantage over all other mineral removal methods in that it also has extra health benefits, and it’s much cheaper than any other chelation method. My hair analysis (done many years ago) showed my levels of toxic minerals was way below average, and that’s from just 4 grams per day!

I hope these few real facts have helped you in your search for answers and better health.

Dr Phil Bate is the inventor of the new (Patent Pending) Auditory Brain Wave Training system which does the same thing as EEG Biofeedback/neurofeedback - solving brain problems such as ADD/ADHD. Depression, Insomnia, etc. Dr Bate is a retired Orthomolecular Psychologist helping people at free advice websites:
rahul

sticky saliva

Post by rahul »

today is my third day of taking vit c 4000mg a day but no effect in my bb the only change that i can see is that my saliva gets sticky after chewing vit c n that too for a short while
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

Hey waitingforrelief,
I started out with fecal breath as a teenager (now 37) and then several years I had some root canals and then I got the sewage/rotten egg smell. Spent 1000's of dollars redoing dental work and eventually removing the root canals. The fecal smell didn't really go across the room but it was horrible within a few feet. The sewage/rottenegg will go clear across the room. It's a nightmare! So I'm lucky enough to have all the above smells! But this chewable Vit. C. is helping so much with the coating on my tongue it's getting less and less, but what I scrape still smells bad. I have been diagonosed with osteomyelitis, but had to beg for a biopsy and go through several dentist that insisted nothing was wrong. You know the drill your oral hygiene is just fine. The biopsy came back it's in my bone marrow. The dentists said you were right you got plenty going on and here is your proof and gave me the biopsy report. I can't tell you how many dentist I cussed out along this journey!! Big long sad story and it sucks! I'm betting I had osteomylistis since I was young.

I am also having a little bit of stomach problem after taking Vitamin C. Maybe I'm not eating enough when I take it. But the saliva flow is worth a million to me!!!

My daughter used to be able to smell the bad smells but it seems she's almost got used to it now so I really have no one to tell me. My husband says he can't smell it. He never has been able to. My daughter and I would say can't you smell that and he would say no. He either can't smell it or he's just in denial or something never can tell with men.

Bye,
Susie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic