Your Email Address:

First Name:

An Amazing Discovery - Sugarfree/Chewable VITAMIN C

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hungrygirl
Advanced

Post by hungrygirl »

is anybody buying vit c in the UK? if so which ones seem to work the best. i bought a bottle out of the co-op pharmacy, they are sugar free but have sweetners
To Belle

Im taking vit c from Tesco, their brand, they have the chewable and also the effervescent.

But to be honest for some reason i think the best is the effervescent, and i take between 5-10000 mg troughout the day.

I also take Solgar pure ascorbic acid (its vit c) in capsules, i just swallow them (past week), so they are not in contact with my tongue and must say its amazing, my tongue has never been this pink before. Im not sure about the bb, but have been told a few times that i didnt have any.

But if you say that you dont have coating anyways it might not help, cos i know i still have the tonsilstones and if i feel i have some bb its always that smell. I also want to take the tonsils out, but someone told me that in the Uk they dont do it for adults.

Next week i will try again the capsules only, cos i really wanna see now if vit c have to be in contact with the tongue or just need to be in my system.

Where are you in the Uk?
Last edited by hungrygirl on Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

to hungry girl

i suppose i have a bit of a coating on my tongue but not hugely, i scrape morning and night so that must help. i just know that my tongue isnt whats causing the smell. when i brush, floss, scrape and use mouthwash, i can see there is no coating on my tongue and then my son says "poo mummy whats that smell" when im up close to him, i know that it cant be coming from my mouth.

I am in Scotland, and i heard that they dont like taking adults tonsils out because it can be dangerous, god, i wish i had them out when i was younger. I was at the stage where the doc told me, "one more bout of tonsilitis this year and your tonsils will need to come out". When i was little i was terrified at the thought but it would have saved me years of hell with BB. My GP told me that the risks are with the anisthetic, the bleeding (as it is a very vascular area) and the pain afterwards. I told her i didnt care as i was desperate.

So do you reckon the vit c and the other tablets have made a big difference then?

Belle
sweets07
Advanced

just a question

Post by sweets07 »

there are like 8 million posts on this topic and i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned the more than the daily recommended does of vitamin is carcinogenic. not only do you damage the bacteria's DNA but you damage your body's DNA and generate more cancer cells.

we produce tons each day that are killed by our immune system. please don't let vitamin c produce the one that ends up escaping the immune system and causing cancer!

i'm praying this chlorine dioxide isn't carcinogenic either. i'd rather have bb than cancer.
xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

emotional rescue wrote: one the other hand, i´m not sure if the oil is working so good on me as in the beginning....
hello there,

change your oil. U will see the benefits all over again. i went thru 3 bottles of sunflower before switching to sesame. and i think i will try coconut or walnut oil after this...

it should work.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

thanx xoxo,

belle and hungrygirl, try to find an ENT that practice the laser proceedment. It´s sooooo much easy and less painfull
Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

emotional rescue wrote:thanx xoxo,

belle and hungrygirl, try to find an ENT that practice the laser proceedment. It´s sooooo much easy and less painfull
Is this the laser procedure practised by Finklestien? or is it getting tonsils removed by laser? I am in Scotland and i wont have much choice of where to get it done unfortunately. I will be getting it done through the NHS so you dont have any choice where. However if i were to go private i could have more choice but i have been told it would cost thousands of pounds (which i dont have).

have you had your tonsils removed? and has it cured your BB?

Belle
Belle
Junior

Re: just a question

Post by Belle »

[quote="sweets07"]there are like 8 million posts on this topic and i'm not sure if anyone has mentioned the more than the daily recommended does of vitamin is carcinogenic. not only do you damage the bacteria's DNA but you damage your body's DNA and generate more cancer cells.

personally id rather die younger with cancer and at least have the next 30 years without BB, at least you could enjoy your life till then. anyway everything these days is carcinogenic, the air we breath, the fruit and veg we eat, the passive smoking. im hoping that your body just expels what it doesnt need, i know people who take about a million vitamins a day. i dont take any, i have just started with the VIt c. If it works i will continue.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

From what I've read, overdosing on Vit C is not a problem. There are some studies showing that Vit A can have negative effects, but not Vit C 8-[
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

yes

hardly agree on overdosing vit vitC

come on

I would rathrer worry about chlorhexidine and chlorine dioxie that really may be carcinogenic long term
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

When I was searching for info on vitamin c effects I went through like 4029436309683586 sites and some of them said there aren't any side effects on overdosing and the rest said there are. I believe the latter, its the most logical thing. Nothing is good in excessive doses, even water.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

belle,

i lasered part of them just like finkelstein does, it´s the same that getting them remove, but i think it´s much more safer and less painfull.
It helped to reduce my bb, maybe 40-50%

I did it in argentina, so try to search for an ent that do this in scotland, i´m sure that has to be someone,

but if you cant, and you know you got tonsils stones, get them removed.
if you get them removed, you got to tell the doctor that the cause is getting rid of bb and that you need that none a single part of the tonsil tissue is left after the surgery. Cause it could be remains of them were the bacteria could still hide.

Take some time to read some past topics about laser and tonsillectomy on this site to get more info,

good luck girl!!!
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

Jimi wrote:yes

hardly agree on overdosing vit vitC

come on

I would rathrer worry about chlorhexidine and chlorine dioxie that really may be carcinogenic long term
well the problem with chlorine is inescapable since we bathe in it everyday, drink it, and breathe in chloroform when we shower. so i can't worry as much about the chlorine.

as for too much vitamin c, search pubmed or google 'too much vitamin c' and you'll find articles discussing how it reacts with iron and rusts in your bloodstream and also causes dna damage. i watched my mother die of cancer. i'd rather burn to death, drown or have bb than have to go thru something like that.
Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

emotional rescue

if you get them removed, you got to tell the doctor that the cause is getting rid of bb and that you need that none a single part of the tonsil tissue is left after the surgery. Cause it could be remains of them were the bacteria could still hide.

Jeez, ive been reading this website for about a week now, think im becoming more obsessed. Im not sure if i have tonsil stones, and im amazed at how all you folks can squeeze tonsils/adenoids etc. i can bearly touch the back of my mouth without gagging. Is there a technique to this cos im really struggling. im also wondering if getting my tonsils removed will be the answer, after all loads of you guys have had it done and still have BB. i think i would be suicidal going through the op for it not to work. ive never had any kind of operation before so kinda scared. saying that, it cant be as bad as child birth!!
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Belle wrote:
emotional rescue

Jeez, ive been reading this website for about a week now, think im becoming more obsessed. Im not sure if i have tonsil stones, and im amazed at how all you folks can squeeze tonsils/adenoids etc. i can bearly touch the back of my mouth without gagging. Is there a technique to this cos im really struggling. im also wondering if getting my tonsils removed will be the answer, after all loads of you guys have had it done and still have BB. i think i would be suicidal going through the op for it not to work. ive never had any kind of operation before so kinda scared. saying that, it cant be as bad as child birth!!
heh, just a few months ago, i could barely touch the back of my tongue and throat without gagging like crazy.. anymore, there are very few places in my mouth that give me a gag reflex..

when you're cleaning out every nook in your mouth each morning, evening, and inbetween, you'll naturally lose the reflex
phixion
Total Newbie

Post by phixion »

I've heard this has worked for a few people on these forums.

How many 'confirmed' cases do we have? I heard Mclean from London say it cured him of his 11 year halitosis.

I will give the Vitamin C a try. 1000g chewable sugar-free 4 times per day.

I am very skeptical as my bad breath is caused by my Heartburn/GERD. The smell comes up from my stomach, through my throat and every time I breathe out (or just sit here) it seaps out of my nose. I constantly have shitty stomach acid in my mouth and coating my throat.

I really hope this works - I used to be keen on the ladies until I hit 22 and my heartburn and bad breath kicked in, then all the frolicking and fun stopped as it's just impossible.

I have an interview for a new job next week so it would be nice if they didn't get a wift of shite with every answer of mine, and if I get the job, I'd rather my co-workers didn't have to smell it either. I wouldn't wish the smell upon anyone! :)

Pete
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic