Your Email Address:

First Name:

An Amazing Discovery - Sugarfree/Chewable VITAMIN C

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

so i'm on my 4th day.

breath seems to have improved. this morning i took 1500 mg before going to work. and my mouth felt better, cleaner, tasted better.

now almost 4 hrs later, there's some metallic taste in my mouth. (i just finished lunch and am sucking on another 1500 mg.) earlier, i could tell i had a little sour breath after i ate some crackesr. (carbs from crackers and bread sometimes give me sour breath for some reason)

i need more time to see if the breath improvement is "real". but i do feel better in general since taking this vit c. bowel movement is TOTALLY smoother. a very weird thing - it's like my body is telling me to drink more water now. i've always had trouble drinking enough liquid. it's very hard to describe - but it's almost like the more i'd drink, the more dried-out my mouth would feel. and just a little bit would make me feel bloated. it was very strange. it was a torture to drink water.

but these two days, i'd reach for water and it'd feel good drinking it. and i won't feel the weird bloated, sick feeling. i'm sure i've been dehydrated in general from not drinking and i believe that drinking water now actually helps the breath a little. i'm thirsty all the time now. whereas in the past, i'd either feel nothing or totally parched. now the thirst feels "normal".

and even tho' i still taste metal and bitterness sometimes, i actually know what "normal" saliva tastes like now. i'd completely forgotten, but there're times when my mouth feels really good since last night, and i'm like, "oh yea, this is what spit tastes like."

i def feel less tired. more "light" - that could also be because of the weather and the fact that i feel like there's some hope in helping this bb nightmare. i seem to sleep a little better.

i think i must have been really deficient. i'm wondering if the effect will accumulate. like if i'd keep getting better or if this is as good as it gets. i hope not.

regarding stress and vit c -

i had a very stressful childhood emotionally. i had gone through bouts of pretty serious depression from my teen years to my late twenties. through this whole time, i wonder if my vit c was even more severely depleted. (and i don't think i ever ate a lot of fruits and veges.)

i used to get sick a lot - colds, flus, infections, stomach problems, etc. when i didn't know how to relax myself. when i was emotionally stressed and depressed. since i've gotten better at that, i stopped getting sick all the time even tho' i don't always feel "well". i always knew that there was a connection between the mind and the body. but perhaps it is very chemical-based as well. maybe at least one of the missing links has been vit c. that i never took in a lot to begin with. but all the emotional stress made me severely depleted and created all these physical problems.

anyone relates to the correlation between bb and stress and vit c?
Last edited by waitingforrelief on Tue May 01, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

SUsie

DId you bad brath got better after removal of root canals, did you feel beter overall. How did the dentist fix the root canals. Did he replace them?

How many root canals did you have. I have 4 myself.

ANd what is that disease osteomylistis

Can you wxplain more about that.

thanks
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

waitingforrelief wrote:anyone relates to the correlation between bb and stress and vit c?
I don't know about vitc however stress and bad breath are definitely related. BB is always worse when I'm stressed.
Jimi wrote:ANd what is that disease osteomylistis
From Wikipedia
Osteomyelitis is an infection of bone or bone marrow, usually caused by pyogenic bacteria or mycobacteria. It can be usefully subclassifed on the basis of the causative organism, the route, duration and anatomic location of the infection.

Causes

The vast predominance of hematogenously seeded osteomyelitis is caused by Staphylococcus aureus. Escherichia coli, and streptococci are other common pathogens. In some subpopulations, including intravenous drug users and splenectomized patients, Gram negative bacteria, including enteric bacilli, are significant pathogens.

Staphylococcus aureus is also one of the most common organisms seen in osteomyelitis seeded from areas of contiguous infection, but here Gram negative organisms and anaerobes are somewhat more common, and mixed infections may be seen.

Systemic mycotic, or fungal infections may cause osteomyelitis. The two most common are Blastomyces dermatitidis and Coccidioides immitis.

In osteomyelitis involving the vertebral bodies, about half the cases are due to Staphylococcus aureus, and the other half are due to tuberculosis (spread hematogenously from the lungs). Tubercular osteomyelitis of the spine was so common before the initiation of effective antitubercular therapy that it acquired a special name, Pott's disease, by which it is sometimes still known.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

Yeah vitamin c, I have tried that a decade ago. I couldnt smell me before, during nor after the treatement. But I smell(ed). Damn!
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Susie wrote:Hey waitingforrelief,
I started out with fecal breath as a teenager (now 37) and then several years I had some root canals and then I got the sewage/rotten egg smell. Spent 1000's of dollars redoing dental work and eventually removing the root canals. The fecal smell didn't really go across the room but it was horrible within a few feet. The sewage/rottenegg will go clear across the room. It's a nightmare! So I'm lucky enough to have all the above smells! But this chewable Vit. C. is helping so much with the coating on my tongue it's getting less and less, but what I scrape still smells bad. I have been diagonosed with osteomyelitis, but had to beg for a biopsy and go through several dentist that insisted nothing was wrong. You know the drill your oral hygiene is just fine. The biopsy came back it's in my bone marrow. The dentists said you were right you got plenty going on and here is your proof and gave me the biopsy report. I can't tell you how many dentist I cussed out along this journey!! Big long sad story and it sucks! I'm betting I had osteomylistis since I was young.

I am also having a little bit of stomach problem after taking Vitamin C. Maybe I'm not eating enough when I take it. But the saliva flow is worth a million to me!!!

My daughter used to be able to smell the bad smells but it seems she's almost got used to it now so I really have no one to tell me. My husband says he can't smell it. He never has been able to. My daughter and I would say can't you smell that and he would say no. He either can't smell it or he's just in denial or something never can tell with men.

Bye,
Susie
hi susie,

so did you mean that the osteomyelitis was responsible for your bb? a little confused...

in fact, that "fishy" smell that i described could actually be a sewage smell, maybe that's what it is. it seems that with me that one is the kind that travels farther as well. altho' i can't really say that i "prefer" the fecal odor either.

yea i still have a little stomach irritation. i try to always have some food in my stomach now but it's not so bad. i'll start worrying when/if it becomes a pattern of frequent heartburn. i know what you mean by the saliva flow being worth it. totally.

maybe it's time for your to venture outside your immediate family for a breath tester?
Last edited by waitingforrelief on Tue May 01, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Mico wrote:Yeah vitamin c, I have tried that a decade ago. I couldnt smell me before, during nor after the treatement. But I smell(ed). Damn!
what do you mean mico? like you smelled worse after taking it? could you describe your experience? how much did you take daily? for how long did you continue the regimen? what was the result?
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

I dont remember the exact dosage, but I took alot of it for a week or two. Didnt help me, thou I could see it only on the reactions of people, b/coz I cant smell myself at all...And when Im thinking now, I probably got enough c vitamin, else I wold get more often sick but fact is, I dont even get a cold every year. Im the healthiest person I know bah
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Hi everyone,

well I can honeslty say that this is a godsend! after only 4 days on vitamin c 1000 mg 4 times a day, my taste in my mouth is gone, my tongue is pink no coating, saliva in mouth. people are not reacting to me. I am normally a gum queen, I didn't realize I wasn't chewing any until my friend said "wow, I have been out with you half the day and you have not chewed gum once" I replied, "do I need it?" she said no not at all! praise god!!!
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Mico,

That sucks it didn'twork for you.you may have some other cause, but please don't dismiss the positive results others are recieveing from this.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

snoopsister wrote:Hi everyone,

well I can honeslty say that this is a godsend! after only 4 days on vitamin c 1000 mg 4 times a day, my taste in my mouth is gone, my tongue is pink no coating, saliva in mouth. people are not reacting to me. I am normally a gum queen, I didn't realize I wasn't chewing any until my friend said "wow, I have been out with you half the day and you have not chewed gum once" I replied, "do I need it?" she said no not at all! praise god!!!
cool snoopsister. i think i've found some relief from the vit c too. (altho' i'm taking something like around 5000 mg today.) saliva tastes much more normal, and my teeth feel sooooo much cleaner. but i don't have a bb tester around to tell me if i still have a breath odor. if it's not gone, at least it's been reduced.

i'm just a little worried about my stomach. it does feel kind of irritated. if it means i'll have to get ulcer or something in order to help the bb, i don't know...

hey, could you describe your (past) odor and condition for me? just trying to gather data to see who vit c is helping and what kind of conditions it is alleviating.

thanks.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

also, snoopsister,

could you tell me where you got 100 tablets for only $7?

thanks.
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Hey waiting,
I have been taking 5000 mg a day for the past 3 days just because I like to take one before bed. I got my bottle at CVS pharmacy. I also have a great taste in my mouth and my teeth feel cleaner. To prvent stomach upset take after meals and snacks. don't give up hope waiting. also I had somewhat fecal breath. It smelled really bad with tonsil stones. I check out my tonngue now and can't believe how pink and hardly any coating!
path
Total Newbie

Post by path »

Does anybody have difficulty sucking Vit C besides me? The acidity really hurts if I let it dissolve completely in my mouth. It's hard to describe the sensation, but it is like rinse with too much hydrogen peroxide. A little tiny piece of skin in my mouth just came off before I almost dissolved a cap. I know, the pain is nothing compared with BB. I am just curious.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

waitingforrelief wrote:so i'm on my 4th day.

i need more time to see if the breath improvement is "real". but i do feel better in general since taking this vit c. bowel movement is TOTALLY smoother. a very weird thing - it's like my body is telling me to drink more water now. i've always had trouble drinking enough liquid. it's very hard to describe - but it's almost like the more i'd drink, the more dried-out my mouth would feel. and just a little bit would make me feel bloated. it was very strange. it was a torture to drink water.

but these two days, i'd reach for water and it'd feel good drinking it. and i won't feel the weird bloated, sick feeling. i'm sure i've been dehydrated in general from not drinking and i believe that drinking water now actually helps the breath a little. i'm thirsty all the time now. whereas in the past, i'd either feel nothing or totally parched. now the thirst feels "normal".

and even tho' i still taste metal and bitterness sometimes, i actually know what "normal" saliva tastes like now. i'd completely forgotten, but there're times when my mouth feels really good since last night, and i'm like, "oh yea, this is what spit tastes like."

i def feel less tired. more "light" - that could also be because of the weather and the fact that i feel like there's some hope in helping this bb nightmare. i seem to sleep a little better.

i think i must have been really deficient. i'm wondering if the effect will accumulate. like if i'd keep getting better or if this is as good as it gets. i hope not.

regarding stress and vit c -

i had a very stressful childhood emotionally. i had gone through bouts of pretty serious depression from my teen years to my late twenties. through this whole time, i wonder if my vit c was even more severely depleted. (and i don't think i ever ate a lot of fruits and veges.)

i used to get sick a lot - colds, flus, infections, stomach problems, etc. when i didn't know how to relax myself. when i was emotionally stressed and depressed. since i've gotten better at that, i stopped getting sick all the time even tho' i don't always feel "well". i always knew that there was a connection between the mind and the body. but perhaps it is very chemical-based as well. maybe at least one of the missing links has been vit c. that i never took in a lot to begin with. but all the emotional stress made me severely depleted and created all these physical problems.

anyone relates to the correlation between bb and stress and vit c?
waitingforrelief, you don't believe it but I had the exactly same thing with water! I like to drink water but it always made me feel a little sick. But just now I drank 0,5l and I only felt a little stuffed. Do you need to drink water a lot if you exercise(even if you didn't sweat)? Because I do, though I think it may have something to do with my migraine. This is my 3rd day of sucking vit C but I also feel a lot better in general and like you described, "light". I'm not even tried anymore like I used to be. I looked at wikipedia and it said that lack of vit C may cause joint pains and tiredness and such. It's exactly what I've felt! Weird thing is, despite that I took a lot of vitamins during the winter, I still felt tired. Maybe those tablets didn't have enough vit C or it was just the winter, but I'm really excited about this now.
And yes, stress probably makes your bb worse. There isn't really anything stress couldn't cause ( in my case fatigue, pains, depression, maybe odors dunno). It's too early to say how vit C has affected my breath, but so far it's going to good direction.

path, that sound weird to me. Of course these chewable tablets are a little acidy, but I wouldn't say it hurts. Could you be allergic to some of the ingredients?
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

the only thing i can say about the vit c at the moment is i am getting a lot of gas on 4000mg. But i will try it for 2 weeks to see the results.

I was at the hospital today having my repeat endoscopy and the nurse had TERRIBLE breath. It was like morning breath smell and kind of fecal. But she only had to say one word and it hit me. I just remember trying not to turn my head when she talked but i couldnt resist. I fluttered my eyelids for some reason when i smelled it and just turned away. And thats coming from someone who KNOWS all about the humiliation that reactions cause.

I dont think i ever caused anyone that much discomfort before with my own breath, but mainly because i learned how not to breathe in someones face. Seriously, it was bad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic