Your Email Address:

First Name:

have you had laser treatment for halitosis.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mar11

have you had laser treatment for halitosis.

Post by mar11 »

Have you had laser treatment for halitosis.

I think it might work for some of us.
mouthwash and other things are just wasting our money.

noptical
God

Re: have you had laser treatment for halitosis.

Post by noptical »

mar11 wrote:Have you had laser treatment for halitosis.

If you mean laser tonsil surgery then yes, few members had them, 2 said they were cured and then disappeared from the site. Many others have had the normal tonsil surgery some seen some relief, many seen no difference.
mar11

Post by mar11 »

noptical wrote:

If you mean laser tonsil surgery then yes, few members had them, 2 said they were cured and then disappeared from the site. Many others have had the normal tonsil surgery some seen some relief, many seen no difference.

who are those who had the tonsil laser surgery, names?

I have also had the normal tonsil surgery. Did not help at all.

Jim should contact those 2 with email and ask them to come back and provide more info.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

mar11 wrote:
noptical wrote:

who are those who had the tonsil laser surgery, names?

I have also had the normal tonsil surgery. Did not help at all.

Jim should contact those 2 with email and ask them to come back and provide more info.
What's the difference between normal and laser surgery really? I think my tonsils were lasered and I can't see how this could make a difference.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

in the normal surgery the tonsils are totally removed, at the laser proceedment (it´s not a surgery) they burns you part of the flesh of the tonsils by heat.
With this it is supposed that the crypts were the bacteria can hide on tonsils is gone.

I did the laser ten days ago.
I ve read many people on this forum that says that the normal surgery was not helpfull with the bb, or that since from kids they don´t have the tonsils.

I have to say that for now the laser seems to be very helpfull, it seems to be lighten my bb in a sensible level.
But i´m still testing and seeying how this is evolving.....

The procedure only left you with a manegeable pain for 5 or 7 days, but i did it one day on afternoon and the day after i was totally able to do my obligations....

for now it seems worth it......

succ, there´s people in this forum that has tell that though they don´t have his tonsils now, maybe still have a little that was not be good removed and this may be a source of bad breath,
maybe you can consult this with an ent, but it has to be with an ent that is familiarizated with the laser proceedment, otherwise he will tell you nonsense things.
At least this is my experience with doctors.....

good luck,
i´ll keep posting
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

emotional rescue wrote:in the normal surgery the tonsils are totally removed, at the laser proceedment (it´s not a surgery) they burns you part of the flesh of the tonsils by heat.
With this it is supposed that the crypts were the bacteria can hide on tonsils is gone.

I did the laser ten days ago.
I ve read many people on this forum that says that the normal surgery was not helpfull with the bb, or that since from kids they don´t have the tonsils.

I have to say that for now the laser seems to be very helpfull, it seems to be lighten my bb in a sensible level.
But i´m still testing and seeying how this is evolving.....

The procedure only left you with a manegeable pain for 5 or 7 days, but i did it one day on afternoon and the day after i was totally able to do my obligations....

for now it seems worth it......

succ, there´s people in this forum that has tell that though they don´t have his tonsils now, maybe still have a little that was not be good removed and this may be a source of bad breath,
maybe you can consult this with an ent, but it has to be with an ent that is familiarizated with the laser proceedment, otherwise he will tell you nonsense things.
At least this is my experience with doctors.....

good luck,
i´ll keep posting
No, my problem's not tonsils, they're completely removed. And I would say that for most of us removing the tonsils is not the cure although it may lessen your odor. The pain is very subjective, I had to eat tramal every 3rd hour for two weeks hehe, and generally speaking I'm not very sensitive to pain. But I wouldn't let this discourage you, for some it might be just the tonsils so go for it and get them operated.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

bronxjazzy was one of the people who was cured. as far as i know, as of 3 weeks ago approximately she was still completely bb-free. but i haven't heard from her since.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

OK guys, So now i think it´s been 20 days since i do the laser.

I think i got good news.
i´m pretty sure this is an improvment that we can notice. For me, so far is not a cure, i still have bb but is much lessen. It´s very confussing, depending the day, i was not able to test it properly. Some days ago i thought it maybe rip off 70% of my bb, other days 50%....others 40%, i can´t be sure yet.

Let me do a resume of these days:
The first ten days it was still healing, the tonsils looked yellow, hurted. (if you look at the first photo of the finkelstein interview, thats exaclty wath the ENT do to me) Two days of that week i smeel a fecal odor on my breath fot the first time in my life, and i scared, but now i´m sure it was for the healing.

I had a serious injury playing soccer (i love soccer) so i get a knee surgery ten days ago, they gave me two kinds of antibiotics for five days, the breath get better, but as i read it may help with bb for a short while, i wait.

So, the tonsils heal now. They are much smaller than before. The bb keep better and so far is still in that level.
The problem is that for the knee op. i have to stay in my house because of the recovery, i think on monday i´ll be able to start getting out. So i can´t get the oportunity to see how it goes with other people...

On the other hand, if i still touch my tongue and my tonsils with my fingers, i still fell bb smell (equal strenght in both area), but i really think is less than before.
Today a friend come to visit me and i just think that in that moment there was some level of smell, but on the other hand in other moments of different days i felt like the bb was completely gone....i don´t know. I think it´s early to say...

Theres another important thing with my case:
on september 2006 i took an oral vaccine, that you drink 1 dosis each day for 20 days. The ENT gave me that to trying to stop the pnd, it´s a common vaccine against allergies and flu.
So i take it now on april again cause it has to be taken twice a year....

So i will tell the difference that i notice in my simptons after do the laser, plus the vaccine, so yoú can know who is on the same situation than me:

BEFORE:
-white coating, yellow or light brown at the back.
-pnd
-I always feel like some mucus or something thight is in my throat, and i had to spit mucus often times a day
-Always one or two canals of the nose covered.
-Always BB, and when i think it less in some ocassion, i could never be sure.
-bad taste in mouth, and i always feel like my mouth very warm, and always had the feeling like (¨theres really life in there besides of me¨) i dont know if thats make sense but i feel theres a lot o things happening over my tongue.
-When i floss, there a teeth when i have a root canal made, that if i don´t floss twice a day, the floss got some odor....
-two months ago an halimeter messure gave me 200, i think i wasn´t eat before, but i think i´ve brushed my teeth.

NOW:
- I would say that mediating my bb seems 50 o 40% less than before.
-The yellow coating seems to be gone. (the white is there)
-My nose is very clear now and i have much more less pnd. I almost don´t spit mucus on these days, and here is winter. (but these three things I attribute them to the vaccine most).
- Other thing: My bedroom before smelled pretty bad, especially when i wake up in the morning. i got to open the windows, like if i was filled him with oddor while i sleep. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING ANYMORE. I think this for now the most objetive proof that theres a really improvment with this.

Other things the same for now. I can assure that what is done to me is the same that finkestein does, i realize it by the way he explains the procedure and for the pictures. The second picture were he is with a pacient: it´s was the same with me, the hat, the glasses, this brown machine that is like a generator that feeds the laser, everything is the same. ( i tell this cause i read a post of jimmi that asked a guy to take photos on that place to know is the published ones on the interwiew were real, and i really believe they are).

What else,
Yeah, the guy that said he done the laser in NY, that post the brazilian article,
it´s weird, He sounds to me more like an ENT that a pacient, and then dissapear, but i have to say that all he told here agrees with all i hade experience on this days. So i hope i will get rid of bb in some days, cause theoretically that´s the next step.... (but i don´t want to get to much optimist, i don´t know)

what i can say is that it seems that the results of these won´t go away on a week, like antibiotics or a mouthwash, theoretically this seems forever and i think that is the truth, and i think there is no possibility of side effects.

i think all of you that think you have tonsil stones, this may be a real help,
it cost me 1600 (in dollars 533 for money change) i paid it from my own pocket and till now i really don´t regret it. Is the best investment that i did on bb. (at least for now).

Now i don´t figure it out what else to say, i tried to tell you most as i can,
i will respond you guys any doubt, sorry if i wasn´t so clear, i really speak spanish.

Otherwise, i think is a good option to let me experiment with this 15 o 30 days more before people start to do this, to see how it continues, if it gets better if it get worst...i don´t know.....

ps: my feeling for now is that tonsils are not the only cure for bb, but a huge one. I think if the lavoris work reazonably or smartmouth or other mouthwash that comes later, plus the laser we might be at the doors of a cure for many of us....so i think THERES REALLY HOPE!

ok, i go to sleep now, there´s 5 am in the morning.
for the first time in my life i´m gonna really pray. And i´m gonna pray for all of us...
KL
Junior

Post by KL »

I am not sure about this statement. You have halitosis or you do not. If you have halitosis it will smell really bad.

You do not hear a woman saying I am half pregnant. Either she is pregnant or she is not. Halitosis is the same way. You smell or you do not.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

KL wrote:You do not hear a woman saying I am half pregnant. Either she is pregnant or she is not. Halitosis is the same way. You smell or you do not.
These 2 are completely unrelated. He could have moderate bb too instead of bad or good.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

yes, that´s what i think it is: moderate (now)

before laser, i alrready explain my simptoms, what i can do say is that i never suddenly fill a car or a room with my breath. only when i sleep, or with many hours in the same room, but it was never attached to me (but i think it was because of me).
KL
Junior

Post by KL »

noptical wrote:
KL wrote:You do not hear a woman saying I am half pregnant. Either she is pregnant or she is not. Halitosis is the same way. You smell or you do not.
These 2 are completely unrelated. He could have moderate bb too instead of bad or good.
What do you mean by moderate bb, I did not know that halitosis has low, moderate and advance smell scale (I would be in the advance catergory). I thought we do have halitosis or we dont have halitosis, there is nothing intermediate
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

KL wrote: What do you mean by moderate bb, I did not know that halitosis has low, moderate and advance smell scale (I would be in the advance catergory). I thought we do have halitosis or we dont have halitosis, there is nothing intermediate
And I thought I dont have bb. Turns out I was wrong :p

Since you say you "would be in the advance category", you know what it means, why asking?
emotional rescue
Sheriff

i don´t know KL, i always though that there were scales, i always though i had bad breath, and it was cronic, cause I ALWAYS got it in much or less measurement (this is subjetive) , but not soooo hard like some of you guys has posted here.
My bb is more on the short distance (how short is what i never could find out, and makes my paranoid of my life). So, i think i maybe more on the level of austuser or noptical, not at the level that maybe jimmi, wfr or john has described...(example: my breath never cross the whole room, never filled a car in short time, and can´t offend others just by got my mouth quite open but without talk (like wfr posted once) i think.

So this is my own experience, who can relate to this can take their own conclusions,
for example, when i was a teen at school, there were a guy that had bad breath quite like the level of me, but he wasn´t concious about it. I don´t know how, but it seems that with the years slowly went away for him. AND I SURE HE DO NOTHING about it cause i knew it him well and he didn´t knew, maybe it was a dental problem. but mine didn´t went away never.

Then there were 2 other misterious guys at the same school that they never talk, they were very weird guys, they only talk between them and very few words. They were apart of the rest, many times few boys tell that both of them has bad breath, i notice this one or two times, and it was truth, and it was very storng, much than me, but at that time i didn´t think so much about it, i don´t know many about cronic conditions.
But now i think those to guys got strong cronic bad breath, but i can´t be sure.

Then in another school i have another friend with reaaaallllyyy bad breath, much more worst than me. I was his friend about 3 or years i think, then i change school and didn´t see it never again. I don´t know if he stays the same or not. none of them.

So that´s sort of my experience with people with cronic bb, (in real person) so i always though that are levels. what do you think of this?

another thing, the two ¨halitosis experts¨(just dentist) that i met confirm my bb, i don´t deny the little possibility of that they wanted to empty my pockets, but it has to be a real son of the bitch to do that if it wasn´t true i guess. Althouh, one of them is a woman that i think is a cool and good person (even is she make me waste to much money, i can´t blame her for want her to earn well, i don´t consider her work the most cool in the world), and she was the person that cheq my tonsils and found tonsil stones, she showed me, and i never smeel such horrible smeel in my life (at least coming from myself) and she recommended me the laser, and i did it, and i´m very hopefull with the results.

Another thing, i have this theory:
even if my bb maybe is not that strong like others in this site, i haven´t so much tonsils stones, they got me one and a half at one time on one tonsil and some liquid on the other that don´t reach to form a tonsil, and something like that too three months before, and at the time i went to the ent and he cheq my up, he only found liquid, as if still don´t passed the needed time in my case to form new stones....
So my theory, in the basis of many cases that i read in this forum, is that many sufferers could be much more worst bb, cause they form much more tonsils stones that me, is my theory is right, then the laser would be A BIG HELP for them.
So, for the ones who have tonsils yet, get and appoinment. and for the ones that get it removed, go on an appoinment to and cheq, cause the theory that could be rest of tonsil tissue hosting bacteria is pretty razonable to me. more than many things i heard about bb.

good luck guys and i will continue posting about my improvement or responding doubts....
austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

there certainly are levels of halitosis. Some people i cant help but dry reach or turn my head when they talk to me. Others, i can bite my lip and make sure i dont react because it isnt extreme.

how or why this is the case, who knows.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic