Your Email Address:

First Name:

Theory behind probiotics

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Shit4Breath
Master

Theory behind probiotics

Post by Shit4Breath »

I took a megadose of a liquid fermented probiotic drank this morning and now my stomach is upset and I've used the bathroom several times. I've also noticed my breath seems worth, my bb seems worse after oral probiotics as well. In another thread I've read someone else also who says probiotics makes their breath worse. It's weird how some people can be cured from probiotics and others it makes horrendous. What are some theories you guys have behind this?

Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

Thanks Stankie for the reply. Probiotics seem to not help me for any length of time I've taken them. I've took them on and off for years, the longest time I took probiotics was for about a month. I've never taken real expensive brands but I think my next choice will be cultrelle.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I remember when I first took them my bowel movements improved heavily. I used to go once every other 2 days which at the time I never thought was a problem. I go at least once a day now.

When I'm cured I'm gonna take some probiotics just for the nice bowel movements.

I used to think my bb was stomach related lol
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
redtonguewanabee
Total Newbie

Post by redtonguewanabee »

Probiotics causes by bb to become much worse. It makes me wonder if I have some bacteria in my stomach or if it just forments in my stomach like everything else and comes up. I am HPylori negative and my endoscopy came back normal but I do think I have LPR or some type of non-acid reflux. Do you have any symptoms of LPR? I never have heartburn, but sometimes a slight burning in my throat. Sometimes I can feel liquid coming up, but hardly have any other symptoms.
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

I've never been diagnosed with LPR but I've always suspected it too. I have alot of the symptoms like pnd, lump in throat, voice getting scratchy when talking alot, difficulty swallowing large pills, extreme thirst, and burning sensation in my mouth sometimes especially when I burp on a full stomach. But I never get heartburn either although I do feel heaviness in chest sometimes which from what I gather this sypmtom is either/or. I've tried hcl supplements along with digestive enzymes then I went to the other extreme of taking antacids because I had no idea if I were hypo or hyper acidic. But the antacids made my breath way worse and caused my saliva to become super thick. Like when I lick my lips and it drys it feels like it leaves a film.
redtonguewanabee
Total Newbie

Post by redtonguewanabee »

I have a lot of PND as well. For me, it is the main cause of my bb. Certain things like coffee or soda makes the taste of PND worse. Zantac and Pepsid made my breath worse because my mouth was dry. PPI's like prilosec did not work either. This made me think that high acid was not my problem. I tried HCL a couple of years ago and as far as I remember, it did not do anything. It seems that Gaviscon works somewhat. This provides a raft on the top of your stomach to prevent contents from coming up. It hasn't been a cure for me, but seems to releive some of the bb. Still working on non-acid reflux and ruling that out.
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

I've tried the same things red. Infact, I still have a bottle of gaviscon and zantac in my pantry. Nothing helped with the antacids. I also took hcl awhile ago as well and took alot without feeling any burning sensation which was strange because the first time I took it only one caused burning but then after me taking up to around 10 didn't create a burning sensation at all. I think it maybe because I over ate the second time or that I didn't take it before eating, I can't really remember.
seanlee1980
Advanced

Post by seanlee1980 »

I dont understand this theory of probiotics relieving bad breath. Dont all bacteria secrete waste and therefore stink? Fermented food is said to be good source of probiotics but fermented food stink. I think taking probiotics will just change the smell of your breath but not necessarily eliminate bad breath...just replacing it with a different stench.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic