Your Email Address:

First Name:

fecal vs. metallic breath relief

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......

what kind(s) of breath odor do you have?

fecal
50%
garbage
13%
sewage
No votes
rotten eggs
38%
sulphur
No votes
metallic
No votes
fishy
No votes
sour
No votes
bitter (taste/smell, pls specify)
No votes

Total votes: 8

waitingforrelief
Sheriff

fecal vs. metallic breath relief

Post by waitingforrelief »

so far it seems like everybody who has found relief has/had mostly/only fecal breath. like oceanside, cyber, bronxjazzy, and some other people i've read about on other forums...

i have the fecal odor as well, but unfortunately also a whole other myriad of odors, most notably a weird metallic one.

now i'll first have to say that altho' i've had confirmation that i DO have bb, i don't have confirmation on what kind of odor i have. that might be my next thing to find out.

meanwhile, i'd like to compare and see what kind of symptoms the mostly fecal breath people have vs the fecal + metallic breath folks.

so people from both camps or somewhere in between - pls offer as much info as you'd like. :)

and one general question, does everyone feel like they drink enough water everyday?

waitingforrelief
Sheriff

oh, i just tried to vote myself, and realized that i couldn't do multiple votes. john or jimi - is there any way we could do that?

well for my own answer now -

i think i pretty much have all the above odors at different times. altho' i really can't say how accurate i am in identifying what i smell like. first of all, i'm terrible at describing smells, plus i do think that it's not always accurate to gauge our breath odor by ourselves. but the fecal and this one mix of fishy/metallic odor are definitely there. they're the ones that i can smell sometimes when i only part my lips, or i'd catch a whiff of it accidentally when i talk.

but even how i describe it - "fishy and metallic" - somebody else might describe it differently. i don't know what ammonia or sulphur smell like, so i can't even say if i smell like those.

i've even felt like i could smell urine and/or body odor sometimes.

ok what else? alright, sticky saliva, salty, metallic taste on gums and teeth, and sometimes it turns bitter when i put food in my mouth. there were times that i couldn't taste food properly because most things would just taste bitter. it was the most alarming feeling.

i def do not drink enough water. i have a hard time retaining liquid, like i just pee it all out. sometimes it almost feel slike the more i drink, the more i'd feel dehydrated.

and frequent sore throat.

that's it for now.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

i have a friend with the sour breath, and other than the fecal i might say it's one of the worse smells..

then again i don't know too many people with breath problems..

for those of you who have met people with these various breath types, where would you rank each of them, according to unpleasantness?
KC
Junior

Post by KC »

My client once told me my breath is worse than fecal. I really dunno what kind of smell can be worse than fecal :evil:

last yr I went to visit my sis and when we chat she suddenly said she can smell my bad breath. But it only last 2 minutes. She originally thought I didn't shower. I asked her what is the smell, is it worse than fecal. She said yes but she couldn't describe it. She said its like garbage plus fecal, plus rotten food, plus dead body... what the hell....But my sis won't lie coz she knows I always want her to tell me the truth and how I suffer from this illness. And she has a little baby, so if she notice i have bb, she will definitely ask me at least brush my teeth before playing with my niece.
succ
Junior

Post by succ »

KC wrote:My client once told me my breath is worse than fecal. I really dunno what kind of smell can be worse than fecal :evil:

last yr I went to visit my sis and when we chat she suddenly said she can smell my bad breath. But it only last 2 minutes. She originally thought I didn't shower. I asked her what is the smell, is it worse than fecal. She said yes but she couldn't describe it. She said its like garbage plus fecal, plus rotten food, plus dead body... what the hell....But my sis won't lie coz she knows I always want her to tell me the truth and how I suffer from this illness. And she has a little baby, so if she notice i have bb, she will definitely ask me at least brush my teeth before playing with my niece.
Ouch that's pretty harsh :?
Anyway, my breath's mostly garbage like, maybe a pinch of fecal odor. Sometimes when I've washed my mouth very well and I collect mucus from my throat and try to spit it out I can so clearly taste that disgusting extremely garbage-like taste. Sometimes also if I haven't eaten and washed my mouth for 24-30h my breath becomes so bad it makes me physically ill, I get headache and I feel nautious.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

doesn't even matter what it smells like. If it smells bad it smells bad.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

KC wrote:My client once told me my breath is worse than fecal. I really dunno what kind of smell can be worse than fecal
Last year I congratulated a friend for her BD. I kissed her on the left and right side of the face and sensed a smell just for a split of a second. Pfuu It was the OMG smell, and I thought(as I was stepping back to escape it), this girl smells awfull. How get that girl married!! But soon I realized, that while she was laughing and talking to other ppl without them doing any of the usual BB reactions, that it actually was my BB. I just murmmled OMG. I was kinda shocked for a week. And it made sense, everything. For the first and only time I got introduced to my BB. Finaly.

How to describe it? I cant. Its not fecal at all, neither would I call it fishy or anything. Its a thick smell, strange, I have never smelled that before. Like an aura. I also realized why ppl were never mocking me, they threated me more like Im gonna die anytime soon. Well, it doesnt smell healthy, but then of all the people I know, Im the healthiest, I rarely get even a cold. I didnt need a doctor for 12 years now.

Im not saying that you got that smell, Im just saying that there maybe is a smell, worse than fecal out there.
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

Post by CyberchndriacNot »

At different times of the day / month and dependent on what I have eaten or what I haven't eaten, I have a range of smells. I would describe it as mainly fecal, but often smells of rotting vegetables (smelly compost - not the sweet smelling variety!), sometimes ammonia (urea?).

In the last year, I have made a conscious effort to ensure I drink at least 2 litres of water a day. I've now got into the habit of carrying a water bottle with me and by using that I can measure my intake. so yes, sometimes I have to force it into me. This is on top of other fluids such as juices, tonic, teas or coffees. I very rarely drink coffee and have almost eliminated tea from my diet, preferring instead to drink peppermint, cinamon, ginseng or other herbal teas. I have noticed that since going on the TT and using mastic, that my taste buds have been enhanced. The peppermint tea is very strong and seems to have a lasting effect - I never experienced that before.

After eating meat or cheese, I get a lump at the back of my throat and think I start to have that thick wafty warm smell of a fecal type... and i know i have to get some mastic into me quick smart before the bugs multiply and overtake...

BB still there - but managing it...
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

CyberchndriacNot wrote:At different times of the day / month and dependent on what I have eaten or what I haven't eaten, I have a range of smells. I would describe it as mainly fecal, but often smells of rotting vegetables (smelly compost - not the sweet smelling variety!), sometimes ammonia (urea?).

In the last year, I have made a conscious effort to ensure I drink at least 2 litres of water a day. I've now got into the habit of carrying a water bottle with me and by using that I can measure my intake. so yes, sometimes I have to force it into me. This is on top of other fluids such as juices, tonic, teas or coffees. I very rarely drink coffee and have almost eliminated tea from my diet, preferring instead to drink peppermint, cinamon, ginseng or other herbal teas. I have noticed that since going on the TT and using mastic, that my taste buds have been enhanced. The peppermint tea is very strong and seems to have a lasting effect - I never experienced that before.

After eating meat or cheese, I get a lump at the back of my throat and think I start to have that thick wafty warm smell of a fecal type... and i know i have to get some mastic into me quick smart before the bugs multiply and overtake...

BB still there - but managing it...
we have similar symptoms then, cyber. i, too, have different smells according to different types of food that i eat. however, the fecal smell doesn't seem to be diet-related with me. it seems to come out of nowhere. whether my mouth feels good or not. whereas there are some other odors that to me feel related to certain tastes and feel in my mouth.

so do you think that drinking that much water helps your bb?

i still drink coffee, and when the vit c works, it doesn't seem to affect my breath anymore. usually i'd get a rotten egg smell (if that's what it is) slowly rising from my throat after a few sips of coffee. and tea, even green tea, which people say is good for "normal" bb, makes my breath worse. *sigh*

so i, too, only do herbal tea. when you said that peppermint tea seems to have a lasting effect- does it mean that it helps your breath? if so, i'd like to get myself some and try.

but see, i don't really think it's the tea or the coffee or meat. because when my breath is ok, i can eat anything and it's fine. i don't think it's our diet per se that affects our breath, but when we have those bacteria colonized in our mouth, different types of food interact with the them chemically or whatever and create different smells.
CyberchndriacNot
Advanced

Post by CyberchndriacNot »

waitingforrelief wrote: we have similar symptoms then, cyber. i, too, have different smells according to different types of food that i eat. however, the fecal smell doesn't seem to be diet-related with me. it seems to come out of nowhere. whether my mouth feels good or not. whereas there are some other odors that to me feel related to certain tastes and feel in my mouth.

so do you think that drinking that much water helps your bb?

i still drink coffee, and when the vit c works, it doesn't seem to affect my breath anymore. usually i'd get a rotten egg smell (if that's what it is) slowly rising from my throat after a few sips of coffee. and tea, even green tea, which people say is good for "normal" bb, makes my breath worse. *sigh*

so i, too, only do herbal tea. when you said that peppermint tea seems to have a lasting effect- does it mean that it helps your breath? if so, i'd like to get myself some and try.

but see, i don't really think it's the tea or the coffee or meat. because when my breath is ok, i can eat anything and it's fine. i don't think it's our diet per se that affects our breath, but when we have those bacteria colonized in our mouth, different types of food interact with the them chemically or whatever and create different smells.
The fecal smell is usually constant, but since the TT, mastic, and veg diet I've been able to control it, i.e. no fecal smell if i keep popping resin into my mouth. I can feel the fecal smell and sticky lump at back of throat coming back after eating meat and cheese which I have experimented with on a couple of occasions, but I am able to stop the colonisation again by popping some more resin into my mouth. I guess it also clears or thins the stuff at the back. I have also found that I'm not clearing the throat all the time, like i used to.

Since being on this treatment, my taste buds have come back (I didn't know they had gone!) and every flavour is very intense. My reference to peppermint was that it didn't have the intense flavour that it now has. My BB masked the peppermint I think and my taste buds couldn't get to it to signal the taste of it to my brain! Now, it's quite different - I can taste it; it's very strong and seems to linger in my mouth for a while. I wouldn't rely on it to control my breath, just use it as an alternative to tea. I was a big tea and coffee drinker before and I still miss it, but the coffee especially always made my breath stink! I guess I'm just being careful now, because I don't wnat to undo some of the good progress I've made in the past few weeks.

I haven't found water to improve my breath at all, but I use this to keep flushing my system out - it means that I'm constantly going to the loo, but if you can get your urine to a very pale lemon colour it's supposed to be a good sign that the toxins are being flushed out. I think it's important to do this when you're introducing all these other subtances into your body such as vitamins, mastics, resins or whatever. Plus it makes you regular, I don't suffer from constipation like I did when I first started taking the resin.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

mike987 wrote:i have a friend with the sour breath, and other than the fecal i might say it's one of the worse smells..

then again i don't know too many people with breath problems..

for those of you who have met people with these various breath types, where would you rank each of them, according to unpleasantness?
hmm it's hard to say. i know one guy with strong fecal breath, and it's pretty bad. another one with mild fecal odor. it's chronic as well, but there's something more "normal" about it, like it's still more conceivable that it's coming from a mouth.

another friend of mine had a weird breath. i don't know what it was but it was chronic and it's not pleasant. i say was because the last time i saw him i didn't smell it. so i don't know if he'd gotten rid of it.

one of the worst odors i've smelled is a guy whose odor is like the inside of the intestines. not that i know what that smells like for a fact, but that's what my impression is. every time i get in his car for a long ride, i'd smell that odor on my clothes for hours. his car is permeated with that smell. but the weird thing is, when he talks to you, his breath doesn't necessarily smell like that all the time. sometimes he has a kind of fecal breath. but with my other friend even with the strong fecal odor, there's never that what i call intestine smell. it's really quite gross.

i'm sure mine is pretty gross sometimes...
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

KC wrote:My client once told me my breath is worse than fecal. I really dunno what kind of smell can be worse than fecal :evil:

did your client give you that info without your asking?
so you can't smell your breath at all?
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

CyberchndriacNot wrote:
I haven't found water to improve my breath at all, but I use this to keep flushing my system out - it means that I'm constantly going to the loo, but if you can get your urine to a very pale lemon colour it's supposed to be a good sign that the toxins are being flushed out. I think it's important to do this when you're introducing all these other subtances into your body such as vitamins, mastics, resins or whatever. Plus it makes you regular, I don't suffer from constipation like I did when I first started taking the resin.
my urine has always been very very pale even tho' i never drank much water. since the vit c, it's become even more so. almost clear. i hope that's not a bad sign of something.

that's why i feel like my system doesn't "absorb" water much. i remember when i was young, sometimes my pee would be much more yellow. i never get that anymore.
Iris
Junior

Post by Iris »

Does anyone have "bad sweet" smell? I am curious to know how is this smell because I cannot smell myself and this is the smell my husband describes to me.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

bad sweet? Hmm, yeah, could be. This description could fit

Im gonna send probes for tmau this week hopefully. Did you made a tmau test, Iris?

What about you, Waitingforrelief? Made any tmau tests so far?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic