Your Email Address:

First Name:

My bad breath case and your opinions please

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
daan

My bad breath case and your opinions please

Post by daan »

I am 27, female, has been bb for 11 years (and no nasal bb), my bb is sometimes chemical or sewage or toxic.
- Tonsils were removed 2 years ago and no change on my bb after tonsillectomy. I have no PND and not heavy tongue coating, only frothy saliva.
- Dentists all said my teeth are ok although I have many fillings due to not good oral hygiene in my childhood. My dentist refused to replace the black fillings since my teen with the white fillings as the procedure can damage more my dental pulp/nerve. No bad mell when I floss or on any specific tooth. Three wisdom teeth were removed, and going to have the last one removed soon.
- Did digestive endoscopy, oesophagus and stomach are normal, no heartburn, burp or belch - just sometimes have as normal person. Also, H.Plory negative.
- Did ENT endoscopy and sinus CT scan, the result was slight sinusitis but my ENT said it is not the reason for my 10 years chronic bb. However, she precribed me high dose of Amoxilin but I did not take them as I am scepticism about antibiotics and want to leave them as last resource (doctors always prescribed antibiotics as vitamins!)
- Blood recipe showed normal, no low white blood cell.
- Have been on low card diet but not very strict, I only eat vegetable and fish, little fruits but no change in my bb.
- In my country I do not think people know about TMAU, so have not checked for this yet.

The only relief I got is whenever I was on antibiotics (some years ago with clarithomycin and levofloxaxin from my doctors - do not know why he gave me although I was H.P negative and I did not understand much about bb that time. Recently I tried Metronidazole and bb came back one week after the last pill). Or when I got flu, bb also temporarily disappear.

I always think my bb originate from my throat and mouth, there may be some infection here. I usually have froth/bubble at the back of my tongue. What esle should I do?

Here are some pictures of my teeth and mouth, I just post if anyone could have some ideas.
Sorry for my English as I am not native English speaker

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Does your tongue smell bad? I wish people could be clearer about this instead of just saying my tongue has a coating. Coatings are one thing, odours are another and they can say a lot when it comes to getting help. They are usually connected, but not always. Neither are a good sign, generally.

What methods do you use to "measure" your BB?
daan

Post by daan »

halitosisux wrote:Does your tongue smell bad? I wish people could be clearer about this instead of just saying my tongue has a coating. Coatings are one thing, odours are another and they can say a lot when it comes to getting help. They are usually connected, but not always. Neither are a good sign, generally.

What methods do you use to "measure" your BB?
My tongue always smell bad, especially at the back when I rub my finger or lick my hand. The worse my bb, the worse my tongue smell. And actually, I do not have tongue coating, my tongue looks quite normal.

Many years ago, my bad breath were measured by the halimeter in hospital and it always reached the level of severe bb like a person with periodontal disease. My dentist prescribed me Nystatin for Candida but it didn't help. ̣̣̣(I also tried Fluconazole recently but to no avail). And then he did not know what other things he could do to help me as my teeth and gum are healthy.

People always cover their nose or step back when I speak. I did not tell my bb problem to anyone except doctors and dentists as I used to think I was a weird person on earth untill last year I dared to google this problem and found out this community.

Recently I told this problem with my parents, my sister and all they said they smell no thing and think I am mad! I will find other trusty person to test rather than my family. I have been trying to avoid speak directly to people face since the time I started noticing my bb and have not found out trust person to test by breathing on his face. But test on strangers always get reactions.

́́́́́́
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

You've done so much already, I feel so sorry that you still have no answers.

Only an expert like Dr. Aydinmur, in person, who would know how to work this through stage by stage, could ever really hope to help you solve this.

Sorry if this sounds an insulting question, but have you tried brushing/scraping your tongue with any zinc based products? I'm asking the question as a way for you to identify whether or not it can eliminate your BB (even if only temporarily). If your BB doesn't go away when you do this, it's a simple way of knowing whether or not your tongue is the sole source of your BB. IF it does manage to significantly reduce your BB, then try combining that with chlorhexidine gluconate (gargle only) for a minute or so.

This Zinc/chlorhexidine combination is quite miraculous at giving a long lasting and powerful reduction of odours that originate from the bacterial activity on the tongue.

If your BB originated from your throat then it's very likely your odour would come out through your nose too.

Can you think of anything that happened around the time your BB started?
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Halitosisux _ Please could you explain further the procedure of Zinc/chlorexidine to help with BB. It sounds very interesting and it is something I have not tried.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mr Chips, if you have Type-1 BB then I hope this can help you.
You need to ensure you clean every nook and cranny where bacteria and debris can stagnate, such as any tonsil crypts and between the teeth and under the gum. You absolutely need to use a hydro-flossing machine to effectively clean these areas.

Read this thread too:- viewtopic.php?t=4873

I knew for a while how good zinc lactate is. Then I came across CB12 mouthwash that uses a certain type of zinc combined with a certain type of chlorhexidine. Rather than use CB12, which is quite expensive and I don't know how effective it is because I've never tried it, but I tried a DIY blend of zinc/chlorhexidine.

Oral-B Pro Expert toothpaste containing zinc lactate and Corsodyl (alcohol free 0.2%) mouthwash containing chlorhexidine gluconate. I don't know whether it's the zinc in the toothpaste, but if you happen to have any tongue coating, this toothpaste seems to dissolve it without much effort. Brush the toothpaste all over the tongue for about 2 minutes. Rinse the mouth out with clean water. Wait for 5-10 minutes and then gargle with the corsodyl for 60 seconds. Try to limit any contact with corsodyl and your teeth because it can cause teeth staining (which isn't permanent staining btw).

You could also try using Colgate Total to brush your teeth 10 minutes later.

I've been doing this for months now, and can't detect any odour on my tongue whatsoever. My tongue is always a healthy pink too. Good luck if you try it.
daan

Post by daan »

halitosisux wrote:but have you tried brushing/scraping your tongue with any zinc based products?

If your BB originated from your throat then it's very likely your odour would come out through your nose too.

Can you think of anything that happened around the time your BB started?
I only used Hydrogen Peroxide and Hydrogen peroxide with baking soda in the past, it had effect for some days and then the effect wear off, hence I stopped after one week. As I am so fed up with terms of toothpaste, mouthwash, flossing, brushing so I have not went deep into Zinc toothpaste and chlorhexidine. But I am going to try them to see more.

Actually I am not sure if I have nasal bb or not. When I am among people with my mouth shut, there is no reactions.

Think back to the time my bb occurred. Due to not good oral hygiene in my childhood, I might sometimes have temporary bb. When being a teen, I was aware of that so started brushing my teeth, scraping my tongue more regularly. But due to wrong way of scraping, I sometimes noticed the back of my tongue bleeding, but did not see it seriously as it should be. I also gargled with heavy salt water like a habit of my father. I was also craving on sweets during my childhood and teen and have some sleep disorder since my teen. Put them altogether, personally, I think they created an environment and advantage for volatile bacteria to win, maybe with the kick of my puberty.

I am also going to an ENT to ask if he could have a swab from my tongue or throat tested to figure out any bacteria being the reason.
daan

Post by daan »

I see Therabreath Plus toothpaste just contain Zinc Gluconate and I still leave some tubes here as I used it before and the improvement did not last!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

daan try following that toothpaste a few minutes later with chlorhexidine gluconate. The zinc and chlorhexidine work together. If it doesn't work then try another form of zinc. Dr. Aydinmur made a list in one of his recent threads which showed which types of zinc were the most effective. A few years ago I tried crushing zinc gluconate tablets and scrubbing them into my tongue. It turned my usual odour into another less offensive odour, (rotten egg instead of fecal). It helped a lot, but wasn't a solution. Zinc lactate (as are probably other forms of zinc) are much more effective.
daan

Post by daan »

I had been on no carb and sugar diets for 5 months. No change in my bb but tongue coating nearly disappeared, ances also disappeared too

As I lost my weight, my skin get drier and hair loss so I stop this diet and add complex carb to my diet these days. And tongue coating returns, but also no change in bb.

So tongue coating and bb does not always go together
daan

Post by daan »

I go to another ENT today, just like my old ENT, he also says I have slight sinusitis and prescribed me 1g Amoxilin (2 times a day). I wonder if I should take them :roll:
I don't know they prescribed me antibiotics for sinusitis or bb because I came to them and stated the reason of bb, not PND or other sinus issues.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

daan wrote:I go to another ENT today, just like my old ENT, he also says I have slight sinusitis and prescribed me 1g Amoxilin (2 times a day). I wonder if I should take them :roll:
I don't know they prescribed me antibiotics for sinusitis or bb because I came to them and stated the reason of bb, not PND or other sinus issues.
It can't hurt to try them
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i would take them to see. sinusitis might be the cause of your bad breath
daan

Post by daan »

Yes, although I do not have PND, nasal bb or any signs of sinusitis, I will try them to see. By the way, I will also add 500mg Metronidazole to the remedy.

And will try some rounds of other triple therapy combination among clarythmomicin, tetraciline, metronidazole and amocillin if the above remedy do not work

But first, the today, I am trying toothpaste Zinc gluconate (Therabreath plus) on my tongue and Chlorhexidine gluconate mouthwash (Kin) after brusing for 1 minute, and also see some improvements. Just wait to see if this improvement at least persist... [-o< . And if it does persist, do I have to use them for the rest of my life? I don't think using chlorhexidine mouthwash is harmless in longterm
daan

Post by daan »

I have been using Zinc based toothpaste (Zinc gluconate, zinc oxide, zinc citrat), brushing my tongue then garge with Chlohexidine Digluconate for 1 minute or more.

The first day, I have fresh breath all day, but the effect wear off and now it seems to start where it began. No change on my tongue also.

Does it mean that I do not have sole type-1 bb
Last edited by daan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic