Your Email Address:

First Name:

HPV?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Stankie

HPV?

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
louisa
Total Newbie

Post by louisa »

Could be tonsil stone. Best if you can go to an ENT to get it looked at. From the pic, your tonsil looks scarred though, possibly from repeated infections.
mostlylogical

Post by mostlylogical »

Stankie wrote:Plus my grandfather died of throat cancer.

And all this shit started my freshman year in college . . . . . . . . you know 'meeting' new people and what not.
Make sure you let the ENT know about this too during medical examination.Good luck!
noway
Junior

Re: HPV?

Post by noway »

Stankie wrote: IT IS NOT A TONSIL STONE
Yes, it is not tonsil stone, it looks like pus (abscess)!
go to ENT with this pictures because most of old aged doctors have lost some of their sense of smell and vision, it maybe a peritonsillar abscess...
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

I had something similar in my tonsil, it looked like a stone but no matter how much prodding it wouldn't budge. And speaking from experience your tonsils don't look too good.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sharon
Junior

Post by sharon »

Hi stankie,
I had exactly same thing on me a year ago...after meeting someone..It accompanies with sore throat and hoarseness.
I went to GP and she said hpv can't be tested on that area.
I don't remember if I had a hpv blood test. Anyway, I was persuaded that's not std related.
So I went to my ENT, he said it looks like a mucoseal, and quickly removed it. It seems not coming back again.

Stankie wrote:Can I assume that not many of us, if any, have actually been tested for HPV? Especially in the throat?
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sharon
Junior

Post by sharon »

I'm very horrified right nowas just now out of curiosity I looked in the mirror and found at least 2 similar lesions on the back of my throat!!!

What did the doctor say to you? What is your diagnosis and treatment?
I have to go see doctor as well ASAP!!!

Stankie wrote:The ENT I went to refused to test me for it. She was a *not nice word*. She said she only tests for it after numerous issues/months/cysts.

I had a similar thing on my other tonsil recently, which cleared after a week or two. It gave me a sore throat and some ear pain. I think it may be staph, since that can live in the throat as well.
I know my ex was tested for HPV and she didn't have it, so that makes me a little more comfortable about it.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

. . . .
Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sharon
Junior

Post by sharon »

I'm scared of oral hpv as you mentioned.
I feel something's stucking in my throat and got bad breath these days, which I don't always have. I guess I must developed tonsil stones but these stuff are under the skin and can not be poked out. It has been more than one year since I found it the first time. I'm so scared cause the first time the doctor can't tell whats it and treated it as a mucocele.
What are oral hpv like? I'm scared to death now!!
Stankie wrote:She said it was a tonsil stone, which it wasn't, and I should gargle with H2O2. Then she said my throat issues were caused by acid reflux, which is a simple way to say "get out of my office, you're not important to me, and stop wasting my time with phantom complaints" diagnosis.

Doctors are useless. IMO.

Staph in the throat is common. I had a few 'strep throat' cases in the past I was convinced were actually staph. The two can be mistaken, and some people are 'carriers' for staph in their throat.

Maybe your doctor will be different. ?? Let us know. . . . .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic