Your Email Address:

First Name:

L salivarius definitely working

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
billie
Sheriff

L salivarius definitely working

Post by billie »

So i bought l salivarius probiotics a while ago and i really think it works.
I stopped taking it for 2 days and i could really smell myself in the morning.
I decided to take 3 capsules last night and open them up and then hold it in my mouth as long as I could. This morning i woke up and my breath is so much better.
I'm still removing the hairyness on my tongue, but that does not take the smell away. It really is the probiotics. I think the combination of removing the papilae and taking l salivarius is what works.Now i know that i need a high dose of this stuff to repopulate. This guy on curezone took very high doses of this stuff http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=558542#i I know that this would work for me.
I just don't have the money to order that much.
I need to find a way !!!!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Are you still using the hair remover?

Which probiotic brand are you using billie?

I just did a quick search for L.salivarius and I saw that the Swanson ultra oral chewable probiotic contains BlisK12 S.salivarius and also L.salivarius. (£8 for 30 tablets)

I know many people on here have tried Blis probiotics and it didn't work, but it does work for some people. These Blis products tell you to BLITZ your oral microorganisms each time with chlorhexidine, but that always makes me wonder whether it's the probiotic helping or just the antibacterial action of the chlorhexidine. But maybe that's the only way to get these probiotics to do something useful in the mouth for a while before they get ousted again.

Do you normally get a bad smelling tongue and is this stopping the bad smell?
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

Hey halitosisux,

I use this brand and it's definitely the best brand i think. No sugar or lactose in it.
http://www.rgarden.com/l_salivarius.html
I've used probiotics before, but it never worked for me. This is the first time a probiotic is working for me. As i said in my other thread, I really think that my problem is keratin build up on my tongue. The keratin is protein and L salivarius is proteolitic (acts upon protein) it rapidly digest protein. And yes I still use hair remover. I just don't know why the papilae grow back so fast and long. I also bought bromelain enzym. I remember this post about pineapple that I also posted in. Someone mentioned that it made his mouth feel clean. I posted that I had the same experience with pineapple. Pineapple contains enzymes that dissolve proteins. So these last couple of days, protein keeps coming back as possible reason for my BB. Especially now that I know that the only probiotics that have ever helped me is one that acts upon proteins.
This probiotic definitly makes the smell less. I could really smell myself yesterday, but right know it's different. Don't get me wrong , I still smell, but it's less. I just need higher dose.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

@Stankie, a little less what? coating or odour or bad taste?

BTW, do you know if it's possible to "ferment" (sorry I can never remember the word) or grow your own L.salivarius or S.salivarius from a batch of good quality probiotics?

KeepTrying2009 (before he regrettably disappeared from this forum) seemed very knowledgeable about probiotics and once made his own video of how to produce your own yoghurts from different cultures using a yohurt making kit. Could it be done in a similar way?

@billie, per tablet it's about the same price as the Swansons one by the look of it - sorry about that. Least it's cheaper than the Katz versions and the stuff they ship from New Zealand.

It's interesting that you say probiotics never worked for you before, but they do when you blitz your tongue with that hair remover.

It may simply be that whether it's keratin or not, a coating for whatever reason will result in more anaerobic area on your tongue which is always bound to result in more anaerobic bacterial activity and bad odour and bad taste production.

And that the combination of removing it as effectively as you are and with these probiotics you're using, together, it's working for you. If so then congrats to you for trying all this!
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

I have a yogourmet (yogurt making machine) maybe i should try. It doesn't always work. Sometimes the yogurt comes out thin. I don't want to waste my expensive probiotics.
Why does everything has to be so difficult. :cry:
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yes please Stankie, Please make a thread about how you do this fermenting and if you eventually get around to successfully making your own L.salivarius or S.salivarius then you could detail that in the same thread.

If these probiotics do work then it could be made even more potent/concentrated than the original - and save a fortune.
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

So happy today :D . L. Salivarius is definitely working!!
I'm not there yet, but I'm very close. The papilae on my tongue are growing back slower then when I started to remove it. I have a lot of salive right now. No more dry mouth.
My mouth taste really good right now and the smell is so much more less.
I ordered some more l. salivarius so I can take a higher dose.
It's 11:30 PM right now and still a clean mouth. I think now it's really important to go on a diet. I'm so close.
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

I'm waiting for my L. Salivarius. I can really smell myself and the the papilae on my tongue are ofcourse growing back. I get tired of removing it with such harsh products.
Anybody know another way of removing papilae on my tongue?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Zinc lactate and chlorhexidine!

If the L.salivarius definitely helps you, then it might be worth following the instructions for the Blis K12 S.salivarius and chlorhexidine method.

Zinc lactate and chlorhexidine combo keeps my tongue pink and even with a remaining impacted wisdom tooth in place and excessive PND, there's no odour if I rub my tongue with a finger. This is the only thing that works for me in dealing with this.

If you suspect any area of gum or tooth is contributing to your BB in some way, blast your gums with chlorhexidine from a waterpik. Water alone is sometimes not enough to shift biofilm from such crevices. That's what I'm doing with my remaining wisdom tooth, and believe me it works! Ordinary tap water could not do this.

It's gross, but you can re-use the waterpikked chlorhexidine a few times if you can manage to collect it for re-use.
StriderRyu
Total Newbie

Post by StriderRyu »

halitosisux wrote:Zinc lactate and chlorhexidine!

If the L.salivarius definitely helps you, then it might be worth following the instructions for the Blis K12 S.salivarius and chlorhexidine method.

Zinc lactate and chlorhexidine combo keeps my tongue pink and even with a remaining impacted wisdom tooth in place and excessive PND, there's no odour if I rub my tongue with a finger. This is the only thing that works for me in dealing with this.

If you suspect any area of gum or tooth is contributing to your BB in some way, blast your gums with chlorhexidine from a waterpik. Water alone is sometimes not enough to shift biofilm from such crevices. That's what I'm doing with my remaining wisdom tooth, and believe me it works! Ordinary tap water could not do this.

It's gross, but you can re-use the waterpikked chlorhexidine a few times if you can manage to collect it for re-use.
Where did u buy the zinc lactate and chlorhexidine and what concentrations are u using?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I'm using Oral-B Pro Expert which contains Zinc lactate. There are probably other toothpastes or mouthwashes containing this too, or maybe it's possible to obtain Zinc lactate by itself, I haven't really looked into it.

Chlorhexidine I'm using is Corsodyl (alcohol free) 0.2% chlorhexidine digluconate.

I'm lightly brushing my tongue with the Zinc lactate containing toothpaste, followed by brushing teeth with Colgate Total. I'm also hydro-flossing my teeth with a Waterpik using plain warm tap water with a spoon of salt dissolved in it.

Around 30 minutes later I irrigate my remaining wisdom tooth with pure Corsodyl. I put 100ml into the container, which I re-use for the next 4 days or so before discarding it. I also gargle with the Corsodyl

I'm also brushing my teeth with Retardex (now called UltraDEX) toothpaste to try to prevent staining buildup.

Doing this my tongue is completely odour free, even with tons of PND.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

About three weeks ago. I removejd keratin from my tongue. Used thera breath probiotics and was really happy because my bb was gone, even morning breath. Well that only lasted about a week after I finised the probiotics. They must be somewhat alive still though because my hairy tongue has not grown back. Usually within a week of removing it it grows back. Yesterday I dipped interdental brush in toothpaste and mouth washhh, and started usingusing Now Foods Oralbiotic with k 12. You get 60 lozenges and I think they are working alreafy. I decided on these because it s a month supply instead of thera breaths 1 week supply. And its cheaper. I'm praying that this will be what will finaly allow someone to hire me. They have s. Salivarius
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic