Your Email Address:

First Name:

cure report #10 (Laser Nasal surgery) must read if u hav PND

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Archimonde
Super Angel

cure report #10 (Laser Nasal surgery) must read if u hav PND

Post by Archimonde »

This is the most promising cure testimonial i've seen in a long time. This woman on the french forum who's had bad breath for 30 years went to see an ENT after being referred by her dentist.

The ENT checked her nose and knew immediately what the problem was. She told her she needed to have laser surgery to correct nasal blockage to facilitate drainage of nasal secretions (PND?). Patient agreed to the procedure which only took 30 seconds under local anesthesia. That was all it took to be cured.

other info patient said:

- She described her BB as rotten egg like. The ENT said nasal secretion (PND?) that stagnates in the back of the throat will smell like that.

- The laser procedure was done in 3 sessions. Her bb was cured after the 1st laser session, she still went through with the other 2 which were weeks later.

- Most of her life she's had one nostril that was blocked. The surgery rectified that. (many people here have that symptom, including me so that's why i think this treatment is promising)

- She lives in France and the surgery only cost her 130 euros for each of the 3 session. SO CHEAP.

- she doesn't know the name of the surgery.

That's all the info she left, her posts are a year old and she hasn't been back on the forum since.

- i found another person who went to the same ENT and had the same surgery. Result: she still has BB but she never had PND to begin with. It seems that if you don't have PND, that surgery is probably not a good idea.

- the diagnosis for both was 'turbinate hypertrophy'. http://www.nycfacemd.com/turbinate-hype ... sfunction/

- the name of the surgery seems to be turbinate cautery/cauterization.
Last edited by Archimonde on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

For more info, you can google:

laser treatment for nasal blockage

laser surgery post nasal drip
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

hey Archiemonde

I too have PND and your post has motivated me to take it more seriously. Although my bb is more of a sour smell. I'm going to call an ENT tomorrow and try to get more info on this laser procedure.

Wonder if anyone on this forum has tried anything like this? any results?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I wonder if the woman had nasal odour or not and whether the rotten egg smell was originating from her nose or sinuses?

Or was it tongue/throat BB that most sufferers deal with, connected to excessive PND?
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

halitosisux wrote:I wonder if the woman had nasal odour or not
She didn't mention nasal odor.
halitosisux wrote: was it tongue/throat BB that most sufferers deal with, connected to excessive PND?
Yes.
Last edited by Archimonde on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

updated original post
Last edited by Archimonde on Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theremedy
Total Newbie

Post by theremedy »

Wow Archimonde I cannot thank you enough. This is it. This is what is wrong with me. I had perfect breath until a year after college when I was 22. I got in a fight and had my nose broken (you should have seen the other guy..haha) which gave me a badly deviated septum. Ever since then I have had terrible breath, dry mouth, white tougne, stones (until I had tonsils removed which only helped for a few days). I have seen countless ENT's and doctors and have askedto have my deviated septum fixed but they all said no. I am going to set an appointment on Monday and will let you guys know what they say. I have PND and always have a lump in the back of my throat. I don't have nose breath or even bad breath until I speak. Once I speak its all over..

On a side note I have been trying the raw food smoothie diet that Mims used. It definitely helps a lot but hasn't been a full cure for me. Ive only been on it for a week so who knows. Cutting out pastas, breads, gluten, etc has really helped. I think that it does give the bacteria less food, ( the smell is a byproduct of the bacteria eating so if they have no food no smell) however they still like the PND, so thats why I don't think raw food is a complete cure for me although it helps a lot.

Thanks again Arch...I really think this may work. At least I am hoping.

wishing you all babies breath,
pat
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

TheRemedy, did your PND start after your broken nose incident ?
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

I also broke my nose in a fight when i was a teenager.the other guy is dead now because he used drugs.This is worth checking out,and i have PND.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

"She described her BB as rotten egg like. The ENT said nasal secretion (PND?) that stagnates in the back of the throat will smell like that."

I have been mentioning accumulated mucus in the throat in several of my recent posts as the cause of the bad odor, but nobody seems to pick up on it.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
theremedy
Total Newbie

Post by theremedy »

yez
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Phantasist wrote: I have been mentioning accumulated mucus in the throat in several of my recent posts as the cause of the bad odor, but nobody seems to pick up on it.
People have been talking about PND since way before you joined this forum.

The difference here is an ENT acknowledged the problem, did something about it, and it worked. Speculation vs actual results.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

theremedy wrote:yez
Very interesting. The obvious thing to do is fix your PND but that's nearly impossible to do :/
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

i am not sure if i have PND or not. sometimes it is obvious that i do.. other times, things feel dry up there, but i have a lump in the back of my throat. right now, i can detect a lump but no PND from my nose. also, at tmes, i can detect mucus at the back of my throat. is it still PND if you cannot actually feel any dripping from your sinuses, but just have a lump and mucus, or is that something else (like GERD)?
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

ruch wrote:i am not sure if i have PND or not. sometimes it is obvious that i do.. other times, things feel dry up there, but i have a lump in the back of my throat. right now, i can detect a lump but no PND from my nose. also, at tmes, i can detect mucus at the back of my throat. is it still PND if you cannot actually feel any dripping from your sinuses, but just have a lump and mucus, or is that something else (like GERD)?
Wiki says "GERD or inflammation of one or more parts of the throat" may be the causes. From the looks of it, it' a problem that is not taken seriously / hasn't been looked at. So just like BB and PND, we're on our own.

When i was a teen, it felt like i had a golf ball stuck in my throat, the feeling was that intense. It's not nearly as bad nowadays, couldn't tell you why it dissipated.

Many BB sufferers have a lump in throat, white tongue and PND. What does it mean if you don't have PND but have the other 3 symptoms? That's anyone's guess. The culprit of your BB could still be the same as someone with PND. Or maybe you do have PND and you're not aware of it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic