Your Email Address:

First Name:

Acid reflux damaging my tongue ? and cause BB?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
tieuvodanh

Acid reflux damaging my tongue ? and cause BB?

Post by tieuvodanh »

Hi all,
I tested with my mom's tongue . I used my finger to scrap around it and found that the back part of her tongue is very smooth (not grainy like mine). And this back part of my tongue has very bad smell. But my front part is still smooth and has no smell. So I think either the acid reflux or frequent PND has caused some damages and made my back part become grainy.
I have constant PND from post nasal surgery for deviated nasal septum and I have reflux from overeating disorder.
I think the laser thing could help me zap those grainy part .
Anyone has any idea ? How about your back part of tongue? Thanks a lot.

oneday4800
Advanced
Post by oneday4800 »

Im not sure if heartburn almost everyday is acid reflux but if so,i have it also. But the furthest i feel it come up is about the middle of my throat. I cant smell my tongue. Im pretty sure my nose got so used to my bb that it cant smell it anymore. My tip is smooth also .and the sides.but everywhere else is rough and thats where the coating is.
oneday4800
Advanced
Post by oneday4800 »

Also,i dont have PND.
tieuvodanh

Post by tieuvodanh »

Things became bad. My bb got worse coz I heard people coughing from long distance (like I 'm at the center of the bb circle). I know it will get worse coz now I feel a burning sensation in my throat and also sth stuck in my throat after eating (I think those lead to increasingly bacterial overgrowth).

Some experiments I had tried before but failed:
- Dropped all kinds of antibiotics into my nose and down my throat but I got bacterial resistance and the smell disappeared only for 3 days and then came back. (amoxilin, tetracyline, metronidazole).
- Dropped garlic liquid as above but the garlic did nothing except burning my nose until now. (=> bad exp.)
- Use soap, dish-washing soap, listerine , colgate toothpaste, apple cider vinegar, oils... to clean my tongue but they only help for few hours.

So I think I should treat my tongue + reflux which is the root of the problem. But I don't know if anyone here had treatment with laser yet.
======================================
oneday4800: did you use your finger to rub the back part of your tongue and smell it ? If no smell, how can you have bad breath? Maybe bad bacteria overgrowing down your throat but not on the tongue.
oneday4800
Advanced
Post by oneday4800 »

tieuvodanh, ive been told i have BB by numerous people. I feel its my tongue causing the problem because i feel my bb depends on my costed tongue. When i taste it, a very weird and strong taste, i know my tongue is white before i even look.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tieuvodanh

Post by tieuvodanh »

thanks very much for reply, I knew that everyone has those bumps (which lie in a curve or arch at the very back of the tongue) but what I am trying to mention is the tiny, grainy things in front of those bumps (close to the middle of tongue). That part has very bad smell while the front part has no smell ; And my mom doesn't have those tiny, grainy things on her tongue (i.e it 's very smooth for all the tongue).

And the most important thing I 'd like to know from this post is whether anyone in this forum had performed laser to zap their tongues. But it seems nobody had done it thou.

Thanks again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic