Your Email Address:

First Name:

Can you guys describe what your breath smells like?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
coconuthead
Advanced

Can you guys describe what your breath smells like?

Post by coconuthead »

For some reason, I can never smell my breath when at home, but when out in public I can. Sometimes when I talk it's like I can get a quick whiff of it and it always smell like fart and rotten eggs.

I remember years ago a boy in my class had really bad breath that smelled like mothballs for the longest. I remember at times his breath would linger in the air like a minute after talking. I never said anything about it to him and I don't think he actually knew he had bad breath. He had so many friends. He was out of school for like 2 days, I remember, and when he came back I asked him where he had been. He said that he had to get one of his teeth pulled because it had rotted. And I noticed that his breath didn't stink anymore.

Different causes of bad breath have different smells. I'm assuming because my breath smells like rotten eggs that it's either gastrointestinal or respiratory.

Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Mine is a sour smell [or so I think anyway]
oneday4800
Advanced
Post by oneday4800 »

Dog shit from what ive been told. I found out i can smell my bb when i stick my tongue out and scrape it. I smelt sh*t and baking soda lol. I hvnt used baking soda in years
Stinkynick
Junior

Post by Stinkynick »

@cocnuthead it's funny you say that, I can never smell my breath at home either, and I usually get whiffs of it when in public. Mine is usually fecal but I have heard the mothball expression used as well. Which makes sense because in the last week I've come to realize some tooth decay I didn't know i had
Tony22

Post by Tony22 »

I've always described my bad breath as kind of having a bitter/rubbery scent that can sometimes smell a little fecal. I've smelled a similar smell on someone else before; it's difficult to describe.
fffff
Total Newbie

Post by fffff »

Like a 3 day old shit in the backyard. :oops:
How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

fart/poo

can't believe i've been on a forum for near a year for having shit breath.

i was happy up until last year.... oh well.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

FedUp wrote:fart/poo

can't believe i've been on a forum for near a year for having shit breath.

i was happy up until last year.... oh well.
FedUp, how did your bad breath start? Did you just wake up one morning and it never disappeared or something?
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

Mine changes throughout the day...from fart, poo smell to something I can't really describe, but it's like a very toxic gassy chemical sort of smell, it's very weird, that's why I sometimes believe that it could be coming from the stomach and intestines! Or maybe from the nasal/respiratory area! Who knows!!

@ FedUP...you only had your BB for a year? How old are you? And can't you remember how it all started? Any diet, environmental, emotional, physical drastic changes occurred to you during or before the onset of your BB?

I wish I were older when I developed my BB as I believe it would've helped me understand this whole thing better and clearer!

:cry:
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Mine just came onset, nothing really changed in my life in health or anything.

It just got to the point of people asking if i'd farted a few times, at first I thought nothing of it.

Then people started asking if i'd been for a shit. Still I thought nothing of it.

Then I overheard a woman saying "he stinks". So I'm sniffing my armpits thinking I had sweaty pits, nope. I carried on as usual, she talks nonsense.

Then People were saying I stunk like I hadn't wiped my backside in "4 days".

Wow, just how???

Then I started getting reactions, people coughing when I spoke to them. Being offered gum and tic tacs and the rest is history...

I was horrified, my tongue just stunk of straight up shit. I just thought I'd up my oral hygiene but it got worse the more I tried to better it.

I'm 23 now, I discovered I had BB around may or so last year. In the months/weeks prior I was living life like a normal person, now....
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

Mine smells like rotten egg most of the time, but there have been a few occasions that it would smell fecal but it's quite rare.
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

How do you know what your bad breath smells like?I only smelled sometimes something like mothball smell between upper molar teeth,despite that i don't smell anything.My colleagues at work say that the smell is like dead animal.I don't have bad taste or something.One of my colleagues had bad breath for about a half year and smells like rotten eggs,shit and he had tooth decay.
jamesmcavoy

Post by jamesmcavoy »

mine is the FOOD ODOUR ,
whatever i eat or even put on my tongue for a fraction of second
i immediately smell like that dish
LET ME TELL HERE TO PEOPLE THAT MOST OF MEMBERS HERE HAVE MY CONDITION ( FOOD ODOUR ) FOR SOME TIME WHILE AND AFTER EATING AND AFTER SOME TIME A SOUR FOUL ODOR ,ITS BECAUSE OF KERATINE .
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

jamesmcavoy wrote:mine is the FOOD ODOUR ,
whatever i eat or even put on my tongue for a fraction of second
i immediately smell like that dish
LET ME TELL HERE TO PEOPLE THAT MOST OF MEMBERS HERE HAVE MY CONDITION ( FOOD ODOUR ) FOR SOME TIME WHILE AND AFTER EATING AND AFTER SOME TIME A SOUR FOUL ODOR ,ITS BECAUSE OF KERATINE .
just like me....... whatever I eat my breath smells like this food for some minutes...... and really strong and then the bad breath again. In other peoples the smell of the food just go away... I think this happens because the food gets in touch with the PND and the tonsils or something.... Sometimes when I need to talk with someone I just eat something, so my breath looks more presentable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic