Your Email Address:

First Name:

So Tired of Chewing F+#%ing Gum or backing up to speak!!!

Tell us your story with bad breath
SoooTired
Total Newbie

So Tired of Chewing F+#%ing Gum or backing up to speak!!!

Post by SoooTired »

What do I DO?!!! I'M A BARTENDER FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! I've been scanning this site for months now and I relate to soooo many of you. I've suffered for so long and feel like I have tried everything. Antibiotics ease the symptoms but never eliminate them. I've tried SmartMouth, TheraBreath, Listerine, probiotics and every other product line you can think of. Gum works for awhile but dries my mouth out and makes the problem worse and my jaws hurt from chewing ALL day. Sometimes when I'm at work and lean over the bar to hear people's orders better I feel myself inhaling to check their breath. What's so frustrating is 99% of the people that I encounter have fresh breath. I watch them drink alcohol all night and eat nachos or something and laugh all night and come back to the bar to order a drink and I smell NOTHING!!!! Or my best friend who chain smokes cigarettes and then eats a burger full with onions and can come right up to me and say something and I smell NOTHING! All of the waitresses that I make drinks for I watch them laugh and speak so close to each other's faces and NONE of them have bad breath!! It's so frustrating!!! My hubby doesn't have BB. And I watch him as we're out, socialize after a meal and his drink with no hesitation. I'm fine as long as I starve myself while we're out and drink no alcohol. Or hold my breath as ppl pass so they don't catch the exhaled "nose fonk". But who tha hell does that?! I'm so TIRED of not being able to REALLY enjoy myself in public AND private situatons. After every meal while we're out I'm "excusing" myself to the restroom to rinse my mouth out and pop a stick of gum. If someone asks me something or speaks to me directly in my face I damn-near have a panic attack and have to turn my face b4 I speak. ESPECIALLY if I just ate and didn't have time to pop a mint or something. It's like a curse!! And I'm a BEAUTIFUL person inside and out!!

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

ohh sootired, we can all relate!! And yes it truly is a curse :( very sad how we have to deal with this crap while others live out and enjoy their lives with no worries!!! Hey, at least you have a husband though!!!

I know what you mean about "starving", its sooooo frustrating for me to watch people eat nachos, onions etc and literally all they have to do is drink a glass of water and the smell washes away. If I did that, the taste/smell would literally still linger for another 24 hours. This is why I personally think it has something to do with tongues not doing their jobs properly -- more susceptible to people of non-Caucasian ethnicity with larger/rougher tongue surfaces.

I know you said you've tried Therebreath but have you tried their zox mints? This is what I use to get me through the day, when I'm not in the mood to chew gum. Even though the relief lasts for max 1 hour and I have to discreetly pop them in all day :(

Lord have mercy on us; please give us a cure!!!!
jamesmcavoy

Re: So Tired of Chewing F+#%ing Gum or backing up to speak!!

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Hey friend

can u tell me what kind off bb you get .
i mean it is fecal and doesnt depend on what you eat .
or it depends upon the food u eat ,i mean if u put somethinng in ur mouth , do u immediatly start to smell like the food ? or u dont smell while you r eating ?
Its important that u reply me asap
bye
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

It is probably Metabolic Disorder,if you do not have food particles between teeth.I know how you feel,it's holding us back if i diden't have this problem i would have a lot of girls.When they see me the girls smile but when i talk to them it's bye bye.And for me i know its my tongue the smell is coming from.but I'm close to solving my problem.Good luck dude.
SoooTired
Total Newbie

Re: So Tired of Chewing F+#%ing Gum or backing up to speak!!

Post by SoooTired »

Hey James it's the food kind and the dry mouth kind. It's never just FRESH. I have people say to me girl u are ALWAYS chewing gum. God FORBID they stop makin it though
jamesmcavoy wrote:Hey friend

can u tell me what kind off bb you get .
i mean it is fecal and doesnt depend on what you eat .
or it depends upon the food u eat ,i mean if u put somethinng in ur mouth , do u immediatly start to smell like the food ? or u dont smell while you r eating ?
Its important that u reply me asap
bye
SoooTired
Total Newbie

Post by SoooTired »

No I haven't tried the ZOX. I've tried their lozenges though. My thing is, why do I have to keep doing ALL OF THAT???!!! If I'm at a business lunch or whatever and we're all eating why am I the only one that HAS to pop a mint? And I HATE the smell of mint because it's so in-your-face and obvious. Even salads are a risk, because of the after taste of the dressing. What can you eat in public and not have to sneak in a stall and brush your teeth?
StillHoping wrote:ohh sootired, we can all relate!! And yes it truly is a curse :( very sad how we have to deal with this crap while others live out and enjoy their lives with no worries!!! Hey, at least you have a husband though!!!

I know what you mean about "starving", its sooooo frustrating for me to watch people eat nachos, onions etc and literally all they have to do is drink a glass of water and the smell washes away. If I did that, the taste/smell would literally still linger for another 24 hours. This is why I personally think it has something to do with tongues not doing their jobs properly -- more susceptible to people of non-Caucasian ethnicity with larger/rougher tongue surfaces.

I know you said you've tried Therebreath but have you tried their zox mints? This is what I use to get me through the day, when I'm not in the mood to chew gum. Even though the relief lasts for max 1 hour and I have to discreetly pop them in all day :(

Lord have mercy on us; please give us a cure!!!!
SoooTired
Total Newbie

Post by SoooTired »

It's without a DOUBT my tongue. I wish there was some 6 month shot with k12 in it that populated your tongue for that time frame. Similar to a Botox shot or something. That would be AMAZING!!

SHITBREATH wrote:It is probably Metabolic Disorder,if you do not have food particles between teeth.I know how you feel,it's holding us back if i diden't have this problem i would have a lot of girls.When they see me the girls smile but when i talk to them it's bye bye.And for me i know its my tongue the smell is coming from.but I'm close to solving my problem.Good luck dude.
kart
Junior

Post by kart »

Sootired,

Your history is the same of most ppl here, I have faith there is cure for us.

first time I found this forum I became more sadness, because I realized how difficult is to found the cure... I became more anxious and depressed here, but for sure here is the best place in the world to research for our cure....
There is some old members here that found genuine cure, not majority users, but some big suffers....

Be careful what you read here from some members, even the best BB doctor (Murat aydin) has more doubts than certains..

welcome to THE HOPE
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

SoooTired wrote:No I haven't tried the ZOX. I've tried their lozenges though. My thing is, why do I have to keep doing ALL OF THAT???!!! If I'm at a business lunch or whatever and we're all eating why am I the only one that HAS to pop a mint? And I HATE the smell of mint because it's so in-your-face and obvious. Even salads are a risk, because of the after taste of the dressing. What can you eat in public and not have to sneak in a stall and brush your teeth?
fyi the zox mints are wayyy efficient than the lozenges and these do NOT have a mint aftertaste.

I personally stay away from ALL types of "sauces" when eating out, and obvs garlic/onions [unless fried]. I just request mayonnaise +ketchup to mix into my own special sauce; because they don't leave a pungent smell like the rest but are still yummy.
JohnApple
Total Newbie

Post by JohnApple »

As a fellow bb sufferer, I totally relate to your story SoooTired. Man, do I feel you. I also have to use super strong menthols to even dare speak to anyone, and I have to step back to talk with someone that catches me off-guard.

And the worst thing is that I know how abhorrent it is to smell a bad breath on someone else, and to know that everyone has this experience with me is just heartbreaking.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

How can someone with bb hold a bartending job? How is that even possible?

@SoooTired, what kind of reactions do you get from other people?
grantg
Total Newbie

Same Problem but I think I found solution

Post by grantg »

I read your post with great empathy. I too have tried everything but nothing has really worked -- until now,

I watched a news segment on Houston ABC last week about bad breath. They featured a new discovery by two doctors who developed a tiny dot-size peppermint-flavored mint that takes hours instead of minutes to dissolve in your mouth.

The dot adheres to your gum line and turns to a gel that takes hours to dissolve. It also contains xylitol that claims to kill bad breath germs, plaque and gingivitis.

I checked it out on the Internet and ordered a sample. It was almost everything they claimed it to be but it lasted too long -- almost 4 hours in my case.

I guess that's not too big of a problem.

It tastes lust like an Altoid but lasts a ton longer.

I found an article about it in the Houston Chronicle. Here's the link http://www.chron.com/business/press-rel ... 772942.php if you're interested.

Let me know what you think and, if it works for you, we can use "word of mouth" to tell others about it.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

grantg hope youre not spamming
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

grantg thanks for reporting your discovery, but no more links to where we can buy them please. We've got the message - they're nothing more than long lasting mints.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic