Your Email Address:

First Name:

Brushing Tongue Better Than Scraping

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Cured
Junior

Brushing Tongue Better Than Scraping

Post by Cured »

So, as I said before, I had my major bad breath cured from extracting my wisdom teeth several years ago, but was left with a much lower-level bad breath, which was not nearly as bothersome but irksome nonetheless.

One day several months ago I threw aside my tongue scraper and just tried to use my manual tooth brush to brush my tongue. I've had dramatic success such that my breath is now consistently much better and not bothersome to people....even on a low-level.

When I brush my tongue, I have virtually no problem now. When I don't...or when I use the scraper....it's like I'm back in the dark ages.

I thought I was helping myself in buying and using a scraper, but in reality, the scraper was never able to get rid of that brown film that I always saw along the center of my tongue.

Something about the fact that the brush's bristles disturb the tongue papillae is what does the trick. The tongue scraper just combs over the papillae in a single motion. Now I rarely notice that brown film that I used to accumulate on my tongue, and I don't think the improvement in my breath is coincidental.

P.S.

When I brush my tongue I use a manual tooth brush with a narrow/small head, which helps control my gag reflex and allows me to reach further back along the tongue than I would otherwise be able to. I also brush the tongue with just a water-wetted brush (no toothpaste) and after my regular brushing of my teeth with toothpaste.

Stinkynick
Junior

Post by Stinkynick »

Nice post. I've found that the more I scrape the worse the coating would get. I scrape using orabrush once in the morning and once at night, but I brush AFTER I scrape. This combined with a diet that I've been trying has virtually eliminated my tongue coating, which has been really bad in the past. My bad breath has been reduced significantly but I will make a post about that when I have more time. I can confirm however that brushing the tongue and scraping less has helped me in a big way
Cured
Junior

Post by Cured »

Yeah, I still can't believe I spent $7 (USD) on a plastic tongue scraper that probably cost fifty cents to make, and though I always saw brown stained saliva in my sink when using it, the tongue coating itself always stayed as is.

Something about the toothbrush's mechanism of being able to sink down in between the tongue's papillae the disturbance caused by its back and forth motion is what does the trick. The scraper just ends up almost combing over the papillae.

I've always had a strong gag reflex and I could never reach back to the furthest part of the tongue with either the scraper or my toothbrush, but now that I use the brush instead of the scraper it doesn't much matter. I reach as far back as I can comfortably tolerate and just brush....

It's really done wonders for my breath!

Surprised more people have not chimed in on this.
jamesmcavoy

Re: Brushing Tongue Better Than Scraping

Post by jamesmcavoy »

The thing about brushing is bristles can reach in between papillae which a tongue scraper cant .
so more effective cleaning and less bad breath .
JUST KEEP IN MIND ""DO NOT DO NOT USE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE "
EVER .
people say that it works for them nbut trust me using it will cause more bb by damaging tongue surface..
all the besT
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

I usually brush the tongue plus scrape with tongue scrape....... anyway bb always back. But since I started using this I can't live without it (the tongue scraper), it's like I don't feel ''clean'' if I don't use it, even not making that difference in my bb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic