Your Email Address:

First Name:

If you make people cough, read this. Otherwise ignore

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Archimonde
Super Angel

If you make people cough, read this. Otherwise ignore

Post by Archimonde »

I've been talking about PATM (people are allergic to me) for a while, saying that many (not all) PATM sufferers don't have BB or B.O.

The PATM sufferers on this forum are convinced they smell and won't believe otherwise. If you don't want to believe me that you don't smell, that's fine but WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS AWARD-WINNING REPORTER WHO SAYS THE EXACT SAME THING:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/18956014.html

Relevant part of the article:

"When I was with Gobin, she immediately noticed I developed a sudden and persistent cough. I wasn't sure if it was related, but she was. I couldn't smell anything"

Coughing and nose rubs are NOT caused by an odor. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying whether you smell or not, that's a different topic, I'm only saying that these reactions are not caused by an odor. The reporter thinks so too. Your friends and family possibly think so too. Everyone does except you.

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Read the article, and I don't think this can be used in an argument for PATM at all. Because she has had people tell her that she smells, mostly little kids of-course-- which I have come to realize are usually the only ones you can rely on if you want complete honesty. So its not like shes fabricating this; she did say some days are better than others, which could explain why the reporter couldn't smell anything.

In terms of her family not smelling anything, I personally believe those close to you either become acclimated to your bb or don't let it bother them. As I definitely 100% know for sure I do have bb, whereas I noticed my family and best friends don't react to my bb but all others do.

Not saying I disagree with your argument about PATM - because I actually somewhat believe it-, but I don't think this is a relevant article.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

I agree, that woman has suffered from B.O before however i just wanted to point out that the coughs and nose rubs are not caused by B.O / BB. The reporter was clear on that - she had a persistent cough around the sufferer but she couldn't smell anything. That's my only point. Let's forget about this woman and let's focus on people on this forum, it is extremely important.

I bring up PATM here because some people, like ThisSux, Stankie and many others make people cough but have never been told that they smell. These are the people that needs to hear this message.If everyone tells you that you don't smell, you might wanna start believe it. If you smelled, people would tell you.

BB symptoms, the big 3 hints:
-people take a step backward when you start talking.
-people offer you mint/gums.
-people tell you directly or indirectly that you smell (been to a dentist lately?)

PATM symptoms: cough, nose rubs.

Why is it that on a BB forum like this one, some people will only mention PATM symptoms, not BB symptoms. Go read ThisSux's posts, Stankie's posts (now deleted), some of Meowkitty's posts. They only mention PATM symptoms. There are many other people on this forum who only mention PATM symptoms. So i ask you, what conclusion would you reach in those cases?
Last edited by Archimonde on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

hmm I see what you mean. I guess in her case, she could have both bo and PATM
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

StillHoping wrote:hmm I see what you mean. I guess in her case, she could have both bo and PATM
I agree. Btw, I edited my post and removed the part about that woman, i don't want this discussion to be about her, i want it to be about the people on this forum who can be helped. Check out the last part of my edited post.
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

luminous wrote:You're still ****ing judging me? You are a ****ing tool. .
What the hell?!! Luminous, are you Stankie??!!!!!!
SHITBREATH
Advanced

Post by SHITBREATH »

Yes it is stankie,take it easy man.....autoimmune diseases can be the cause....Seek help.
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

SHITBREATH wrote:Yes it is stankie,take it easy man.....autoimmune diseases can be the cause....Seek help.
I can't believe it!!! Why is he doing this?

How disappointing!! :(
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Thank you so much for posting this Archimonde. Gosh I think I do have horrible breath. It is ruining my life in every regard. When I try to tell myself I do not stink I see someone rub or they grab their nose real quick and kind of pinch and pull down (perhaps another way of rubbing). I also notice people sniffing in hard through their nose like they smell something? Coughing, sneezing as well. I had a lady talking to my face and she did not back up at all but rubbed her nose real quick three times and just kept on talking. Went to a movie the other night with Art and these young teens were in front of us in line and the two closest young guys started rubbing their noses but they did not look our way and continued their conversation with the young ladies they were there with. They kept smiling and talking. Now I have had people do a hard nose rub and felt like they gave me a dirty look at the same time. What is that you guys? I am going back to my doctor that did say I had a breath issue before (when I was actively drinking alcohol - I have had a previous drinking problem) to see what he says about my breath. Everyone says it does not stink, saw all of my cousins recently and they rubbed their nose the whole time with me and swore on God etc. no smell. One cousin said I actually smelled quite good on the contratry. What is this? I cry all the time. My boyfriend rubs his nose (Art) and he posted on this site, he says I smell really, really good and he finds the way I smell attractive. Why does everyone rub their damn nose??? I am sure I smelled when I drank alcohol. I had been told in the past I had a problem. Not understanding what is going on is so painful. I feel on the verge of a breakdown of sorts. Thanks again everyone.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@thissux

You need to listen to your bf and relatives, they are not lying to you, you don't smell.

Think about pollen allergy - flowers smell good and yet, they can cause the same symptoms you described.

Sneezing
Watery eyes
Nasal congestion
Runny nose
Itchy throat
Cough

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/guide/po ... treatments

The reactions you see in other people are allergic reactions, not BB reactions. You are the allergen, an odorless allergen.

There are people allergic to cats, by your logic, these people cough because of how cats smell? Of course not.

Do you get my logic? You do have a problem but it's not odor-related. If you smelled bad, whether BB or B.O, people would tell you.

Also, get out of this forum and never come back, all this talk of BB is making you paranoid. By being here, you're reinforcing your paranoia. It's not helping you at all.

Have you been to the PATM thread on WebMD? There are 100s of cases exactly like yours, none of them bring up BB or B.O, none of them have ever been told they have BB or B.O. You're not getting the right information here, you're getting bad information from a very vocal minority of half of dozen people who think coughs are caused by a bad odor - I'm not aware of any other forum where people have that logic because it's ridiculous.

The posts that you wrote on here, copy them on the PATM forum and you'll get a completely different perspective that you get here. Sorry if i sound like a broken record. Please, please go there
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/People-All ... 415?page=5

thissux wrote:Thank you so much for posting this Archimonde. Gosh I think I do have horrible breath. It is ruining my life in every regard. When I try to tell myself I do not stink I see someone rub or they grab their nose real quick and kind of pinch and pull down (perhaps another way of rubbing). I also notice people sniffing in hard through their nose like they smell something? Coughing, sneezing as well. I had a lady talking to my face and she did not back up at all but rubbed her nose real quick three times and just kept on talking. Went to a movie the other night with Art and these young teens were in front of us in line and the two closest young guys started rubbing their noses but they did not look our way and continued their conversation with the young ladies they were there with. They kept smiling and talking. Now I have had people do a hard nose rub and felt like they gave me a dirty look at the same time. What is that you guys? I am going back to my doctor that did say I had a breath issue before (when I was actively drinking alcohol - I have had a previous drinking problem) to see what he says about my breath. Everyone says it does not stink, saw all of my cousins recently and they rubbed their nose the whole time with me and swore on God etc. no smell. One cousin said I actually smelled quite good on the contratry. What is this? I cry all the time. My boyfriend rubs his nose (Art) and he posted on this site, he says I smell really, really good and he finds the way I smell attractive. Why does everyone rub their damn nose??? I am sure I smelled when I drank alcohol. I had been told in the past I had a problem. Not understanding what is going on is so painful. I feel on the verge of a breakdown of sorts. Thanks again everyone.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Its realy hard to know what is going on. I know I did have tonsil stones before but since getting them out I dont taste or sense fecal or rotten egg anymore, buut after i eat, the taste is there until I brush. I was feeling cured after tonsilectomy but then I started geting a really bad tongue coating and PATM reactions. I do think I have PATM, but I cant get over the factthat when I use the salysiilic acid on my tongue as a peel, my breath is fresheer and reactions less. I cannot find out why though, the white hairs always come back. The more white on my tongue the more reactions. Also get less reactions right after teeth cleaning,but it only lasts a week or two.

So at one point I def had bb, there was definatly a fecal smell, confirmed by many people. Now, more PATM, but mouth is still very hot, stick, and bad after eating. I have only been on 1 date in seven years, I cant get a job because the interviewers are coughing.

I di notice that people react more from a farther distance. Examle- I was at a restaurant with my sister recently. The two table behind us and in front did not react but there was a table directly to the left of us, which was a little farther distance. A little girl started coughing really hard and she was looing right at me as if she knew it was me. Then there are some people who have a initial reaction but then it calms. Like my cousin, when ever he's in my presence he coughs really bad, but then he doesnt anymore, which make me think its a irritant that they somehow get accustomed to, just like you would get accustomed to a perfume smell.

The otehr day my mom coughed and sneezed when I came in but then didnt anymore. I have one sister that I am not really close with and the other day she was covering her nose whn I started talking. My two sisters Im close with never cover, but one has severe allergy attacks around me, itchy, eyes, sneezing, red eyes, coughing. I feel toxic, I dont feel healthy, im always tired, I cannot poop unless I eat raisin bran. I totally feel like a lost cause. I want to go back to 22 -23 when this all started. I had so much fun, a job, dating. Now I have nothing, I feel i never will and I feel my kids deserve so much more that what I am giving them. Im a certified pharm tech and no one will hire me. I truly dont know how much more I can take.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

meowkity1 wrote:My two sisters Im close with never cover, but one has severe allergy attacks around me, itchy, eyes, sneezing, red eyes, coughing.
Does this sister confirm with you that her allergies and severe reactions only occur in your vicinity? Or is this something which you've deteremined for yourself?

If it was really ONLY happening around you, then she would surely acknowledge that and try to help you to understand this - but from all your accounts of what happens, everyone tells you this is all in your head.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Its not that hard.

Wear a hoodie sweatshirt. Keep the hood covered over your nose with your mouth cupping it sealed, all day. Swallow your mucous or 'suck' your mucous upwards towards the tonsils. You will smell the stink right there.

If you don't smell it, you don't have bad breath, at least not the nose, throat, stomach type.

You ever heard people say chewing gum makes their breath stink?

If the 'hood trick' works, then you should realize that every time you swallow, talk, agitate the tonsil area, you emit a foul gas that's really not even 'breath' really. It's an acidified, abrasive air gust that leaves a 'hair in the throat' feel for anyone in the area. Watch someone puff a cigarette and see how the smoke travels to understand how one bit of innocent air can travel towards someone else.

I've found that that gas is also an irritant. That is the PATM part.

Finding out whether you have BB is a separate issue. Personally I don't think there is any excuse to go years with this problem and not know for sure. The clues are obvious, and denial is, imo another issue, another problem. Personally, I say get over your denial, use logic. If your breath stinks, you know it. If it doesn't, or if you have gone years, still don't know... YET, you are irritating folks... THAT to me is the point the OP is making.

If the OP s saying that anyone who causes irritants doesn't have BB, just PATM, then he is not formulating his argument properly. I visited 2 weeks ago, it seems his tone has changed for the better regarding this.

So people should pay attention imo. But first for heavens sake figure out the obvious. Do you stink or not? If that is rocket science to you, things might be looking up for you. If you have PATM and don't stink, those fvckers are gonna have a hard time proving its you.... so f em, at least for now.
deebo

Post by deebo »

I've actually tried to contact Tammy to no avail . Not gonna touch the patm angle right now but I'll say that Tammy was tested for TMAU with positive results. I've asked Dr Preti if he had ever met with any of his 300+ tmau positive patients over the years that had no odor .. he said "no" .
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

elliott wrote: If the OP s saying that anyone who causes irritants doesn't have BB, just PATM
No no no, i never said that. My only point is that PATM and BB are 2 separate symptoms. You can have one, or the other, or both - just like any other disease, you can have one or many symptoms, each case is different. If you have PATM, it says nothing about whether or not you have an odor issue.

What i do know for a fact is that many PATM sufferers don't have an odor problem, this is easily verifiable by going to the PATM thread on webmd - BB / B.O is almost never mentioned in the 3000+ posts.

When i told Thissux, Meowkitty they don't have BB, i came to that conclusion based on the reactions they describe. They only mention PATM reactions, not BB reactions. Both of them have 100+ posts so it's not like we're missing any information about them, especially Thissux, she is very clear that she doesn't get BB reactions.

I have both symptoms, you seem to have both too because you mention getting both types of reactions. Deebo too? But we are a tiny minority, most people have one or the other, not both. This becomes apparent for members who have many posts and they never ever mention BB reactions. There are many other members here who don't ever mention BB reactions when asked what kind of reactions they get. I think 10% to 15% of the members here only have PATM, just a guess. I can link you some of their posts to you in PM if you care, i've already done that with Halitosisux. These people need our help, we can change their life for the better if we can make them understand they don't smell.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic