Your Email Address:

First Name:

lymph nodes

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ihatebacteria123
Total Newbie

lymph nodes

Post by ihatebacteria123 »

Saw a dentist today, and she told me I have swollen lymph nodes on my neck but I don't feel any pain. I was wondering since tonsil tissues are lymph tissues and tonsils cause bad breath, is there a possibility we have some kind of lymph system problem of some type? Lymph tissue is also located on armpit and groin area...and I do believe I have some odor problems there but not enough to cause me distress like my breath does.

I believe my lymphatic system is weak or just isn't working properly...therefore not killing bacteria. Anyone been treated for some kind of lymphatic disorder? What are some good nutrients to take to boost up your immune system?

ihatebacteria123
Total Newbie

Maybe you guys are having success with vitamin c because it is a great source to boost up your immune system...
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

what is lymph node? i don't understand it.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

i have large lymph nodes too..

i can feel several of them in the area surrounding my crotch.. a doctor has commented on my large lymphnodes before..

i wonder if there is a connection hm..
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Yes me too.
Maybe we have some problem with our immune system...
whyme
Junior

Post by whyme »

mike987 wrote:i have large lymph nodes too..

i can feel several of them in the area surrounding my crotch.. a doctor has commented on my large lymphnodes before..

what does a lymph node look like? it's driving me crazy, all i see is 2d pictures when i search for it.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

I hate bacteria,

and the laser??? what was the final result for you??
ihatebacteria123
Total Newbie

I did not have LASER surgery. Doc cut my tonsils off completely...as well as my adenoids. It has definitely helped a lot. I still have bad breath but it is much more manageable. I say I am 75% cured. I can have complete relief for about 4-5 hours after brushing my teeth and scraping my tongue. The rotten egg smell has gone away. Doc told me there was a lot of "cheese" in my tonsil area. Before surgery, I used to always hold my breath around people because smell would also come out of my nose. Now, I just feel way more clean and confident than before surgery.

That being said, I still feel like I'm not completely cured (have normal breath). I do believe my lingual tonsils are another culprit of my bad breath. I asked my doctor to take 'em out but he kept insisting that I do not need to have any more surgery. He told me everything else looks ok, but I believe he is a very conservative doctor. He told me lingual tonsil surgery would be very painful and it was "unlikely" lingual tonsils can cause bad breath. He also explained to me that lingual tonsils are part of my lymphatic system and it is impossible to take out all the lymph tissue in my throat & bottom of my tongue area. He told me "Now, you are worrying way too much about this...it is getting in your head." Well he didn't offer any more help other than recommending me to see another ent doctor. So I am planning to see another doctor to get a second opinion, but haven't had the time to see one yet.

I wish I could see the doctor Jimi is going to see. I think he would completely cure me. I can't complain though. Surgery has completely changed my life. I am much more happier and sociable and I would definitely recommend anyone who has tonsils to get the surgery done.

BTW, good luck Jimi! I am sure you will be much happier after surgery!
emotional rescue wrote:I hate bacteria,

and the laser??? what was the final result for you??
xoxo
Advanced

Re: lymph nodes

Post by xoxo »

ihatebacteria123 wrote: I believe my lymphatic system is weak or just isn't working properly...
Hello... maybe u can try *dry skin brushing*

http://www.hps-online.com/skin_brushing.htm

Good Luck!
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

whyme wrote:
mike987 wrote:i have large lymph nodes too..

what does a lymph node look like? it's driving me crazy, all i see is 2d pictures when i search for it.
well you really can't see lymph nodes.. but on certain place sin your body, you can feel them.

One place is under your jaw on either side.. Close to the area where your pulse can be checked..

Also, try laying flat on your back.. face up. In the area slightly above where the top of your thighs meet your groin, you may feel a series of glands under your skin. You shouldn't be able to see them, but run your fingers across the areas to the left and right of your lower region and feel for the lymph nodes. I think they are suppose to be pea sized .. right now i can really feel mine.. they usually enlarge when the body has an infection of some sort.. but mine feel constantly enlarged
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

I now this is an old post but a while ago i went to a dermotologist and he told me my lymph nodes were swollen. I didn't think anything of it, but seeing this post makes me wonder if there is somethin wrong with our lymp nodes.
A guy on this other forum went to the doctor because he had swollen lymph nodes. He was scared that he had cancer but the doctor told him it wasn't cancer. Then he went to the dentist and the dentist told him that he had gum disease and that it was also the reason why his lymph nodes were swollen. He told him that the lymph nodes were swollen because they were trying to fight the bacteria in his mouth. The guy also had mucus in his throat and lost weight. I'm very skinny it's really hard for me to gain weight so maybe it's a thyroid problem i dunno.
The dermotologist felt my neck my breast and groin and told me they were swollen and that it was probably the reason why my breast hurt so much.
swollen
Total Newbie

Post by swollen »

Hey guys/girls,

Swollen lymph nodes can also have pain or tenderness in the nodes, but I don't think that's a necessity. Some of them also have redness of the skin over them. There are a bunch of other symptoms that can occur, which might also vary depending upon what medical issue is behind the swelling.
~swollen
my3rdmolars
Junior

Post by my3rdmolars »

Swollen lymph nodes... can it be ruled out as cause of bad breath?
TM: 0906-6778910
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

how on earth do you clean "inner tonsils" which I believe is causing my bb as well. I'm guessing antibiotics to destroy the bacteria?

I'm curious if the o.p ever cured his bb?
why don't people come back and update?
Shit4Breath
Master

Post by Shit4Breath »

I just posted a topic on this. I too was told by a doctor a few years ago that I had swollen lymph nodes in my neck and I didn't think anything of. Our lymphatic system also controls our hormones which may attest to so many of us having hormonal imbalances. It's funny how the lymph nodes are located in the throat, armpits, and groin the smelliest places for ppl with bb and bo. This has me excited!

btw this seems to confirm that inflammed tonsils and their stones are not the cause of bb but yet another symptom of poor lymphatic drainage. Here's a great thread I posted awhile back viewtopic.php?p=41789
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic