Your Email Address:

First Name:

Working FOR ME

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Stopcrying
Total Newbie

Working FOR ME

Post by Stopcrying »

First some info on me:
Diagnosed w/ GERD-Check
Partial Tonsillectomy-Check
Endoscopy-Check-nothing found
22 y/o male
Teeth are fine

Ok so yes I've suffered same as everyone else here. I've been dealing with bb since I was about 9 or 10 but only recently started to address the problem in the past six months.

First step: diagnosed w/ GERD, second step diagnosed w/ tonsil stones and received a partial tonsillectomy, third step had a full biopsy and endoscopy done and the results were fine.

After research on this site and many others I noticed a lot of people had success with cutting out meat and dairy from their diets. so i did it and it helped a lot! (I had to throw out boxes of sugar smack cereal because I couldn't drink milk javascript:emoticon(':(') )

Changing my diet wasn't enough though. I stopped taking my GERD meds which was omeprazole 40mg twice daily per my doctors instruction. Research led me to 50 MG of Zinc in the a.m daily and its working!

My breath used to fill a room (threw nose and mouth) and I was always leaving class because I couldn't bare offending my classmates any further. But this diet change really helped that room filling bad breath. Its hard but it works. If I cheat and consume meat I make sure I flush myself with epsom salt or some laxative right after I eat.

My morning routine:

Fruits and water for breakfast
Take 50MG of Zinc(must eat first)
Biotene Toothpaste + Tongue scrape
Peroxide mouth rinse

Ususal lunch or dinner:
Baked potatoe (w/ cheese sometimes)
Salad+ Ranch dressing
Spaghetti and pasta sauce w/ black beans + mixed veggies
Rice and veggies
If I cheat usually on weekends- Bison meat, turkey burger

PLENTY OF WATER THROUGHOUT THE DAY

So im guessing I have some sort of vitamin deficiency since the zinc was the icing on the cake. I read that zinc helps eliminate the sulfur that causes bad breath. I've been on the plant based diet for 3 months now and taking zinc for a week now. Im making huge progress. Peoples reaction aren't slightly close to what they used to be. I want to thank the users of this forum for helping with my progression. I've learned from all of you. I'll keep you guys posted. :(

ttlxman

Post by ttlxman »

Do you think that eliminating meat from my diet would make much of a difference if I've already eliminated dairy and grains?
Stopcrying
Total Newbie

Post by Stopcrying »

@ttlxman it doesn't hurt to try!
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@Stopcrying

Since you're new here, can you describe the reactions you were getting from people?
StayStrong

Post by StayStrong »

It sound like it could have been secondary tmau, how long on the new diet before you started noticing improvements in your bb?

50Mg of zinc sounds like a lot, if you take too much it reduces the amount of copper that your body can absorb. the NHS in the UK recommends
5.5-9.5mg a day for men
4-7mg a day for women
Stopcrying
Total Newbie

Post by Stopcrying »

@archimonde I got nose rubbing, sneezing, and dirty looks

@staystrong thanks and I noticed a change almost immediately
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Stopcrying wrote:@archimonde I got nose rubbing, sneezing
Those are not BB reactions.
Stopcrying
Total Newbie

Post by Stopcrying »

@archimonde When I opened my mouth thats what happened. Im not sure what rules YOU made up to determine peoples reaction :-s
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Stopcrying wrote:@archimonde When I opened my mouth thats what happened.
I believe you, you're not the only one with that condition but how did you come to the conclusion that it's an odor causing those reactions?

If you see someone coughing when they're near a cat, will you conclude that the cat has BB?

If someone smells a flower and they start coughing because of the pollen, will you think the flower stinks?

My point is, your breath IS causing those reactions but it is an irritant/allergen in your breath, not an odor that is the cause. Bad odors make people recoil, not cough. The breath you expel is more than just an odor, it is vapors, gases, trace gases, etc, most of which are odorless.

An excess of ammonia in your breath could be the cause. A normal breath should have 1 part per million but if your level is higher, it could make some people cough. Or it could be something else: toxins, bi-product of improper digestion, etc. Basically, an odorless allergen that is expelled through your breath.
tieuvodanh

thanks

Post by tieuvodanh »

Thank Stopcrying for sharing with us, I have been waiting for the solution for too long. But could you plz tell me what specific brand/kind of zinc you took ? (since I had an experience with drinking milk, the one in my country did nothing for 20 yrs, but the American milk/Ensure helped me gain weight in just 1 month , so I should select the right thing carefully).

Best wish to your breath.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I still can't understand how I could make ppl sneezing/coughing all the time but I myself never could smell anything. Does it related to black body radiation :) ? (like I am an antenna and radiate a spherical radio waves outward but I still couldn't find sth to reflect those waves back to the source).
I am sure this wonder is related to bacterial overgrowth which is our ancestor and hard to deal with. I wish one day I could find some ppl who have some conclusions about the coughing vs odor.

http://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/forum/98 ... ence-odor/
This is the forum about ppl who got bacterial overgrowth in the rectum and get the strange coughing radiation thing. And unluckily, I got both :) , so next year stink-champion cup should belong to me.
Stopcrying
Total Newbie

Post by Stopcrying »

@archimonde people recoil, sniff, sneeze, and rub their nose but I never said cough. I can TASTE when I have bb and I usually do the finger in the back of the tongue test just to confirm what I taste. I honestly know my own body

@tieuvodanh I got the zinc from CVS pharmacy its the store brand just a normal dietary supplement Im sure the brand doesn't matter
tieuvodanh

bb

Post by tieuvodanh »

thank you again stopcrying, could I have one more question ? After you did all the things that have worked for you, did the back of your tongue still smell bad with the finger test ?

Thanks alot.
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

Meat absolutely help with BB, when I was vegetarian I never had bad breath, like never ever. Good times

:roll:
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

What a funny thing, my bb started just after I quit veggie life...... coincidence?
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

Actually all the members of this community could start being VEGAN, not vegetarian, I mean VEGAN. Just living without meat, dairy, eggs................ nothing from animals, just vegetables. Just make a test. For 3 or 4 months. This would be interesting. I know is hard, trust me, but as the time goes by you just get use to it, become not hard at all. believe I can tell, I've been vegetarian for 1 year!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic