Your Email Address:

First Name:

Making people cough

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

Sorry for bad explanation but hope you will understand.If you have progressive periodontitis and big periodontal pockets-also i have bacterial overgrowth-branches of the tooth(i don't know what's the word for that) are infected and it's kind of decay.

Louche
Total Newbie

Post by Louche »

I have lately noticed that a few people seem to cough after I talk to them briefly. I thought maybe it was due to bad breath, but then i thought maybe it is just winter? This is freaking me out... I can't even smell my own breath, so I have no way of knowing what others are smelling directly.... only my coworkers continually tell me to rinse my mouth out every single day.... and it didn't used to be this way... just the past few months... :/
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

Louche wrote:I have lately noticed that a few people seem to cough after I talk to them briefly. I thought maybe it was due to bad breath, but then i thought maybe it is just winter? This is freaking me out... I can't even smell my own breath, so I have no way of knowing what others are smelling directly.... only my coworkers continually tell me to rinse my mouth out every single day.... and it didn't used to be this way... just the past few months... :/

Yeah I know what you mean. Everytime someone coughs or rubs their nose in close proximity to me, my internal Alarm goes off and I think that it's maybe because of me. It's a bad habit that I have from my worst bb years and it really is driving me crazy sometimes.

However, guys think about it... Have you ever smelled really bad breath or something that smelled really bad? I have and I didn't need to cough or rub my nose. It just smelled bad.
Ok, when someone covers their nose or steps back a couple of feet when you talk then those signs should be taken more seriously but things like coughing and nose rubbing especially now in winter is in my opinion a complete bullshit sign that should not be taken so seriously.
However while I know all that, I still can't get this internal alarm out of my brain ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

It truly is a strange phenomenom.

A colleague at works absolutely reaks of unwashed sweaty smelly clothing. It's kind of farty mixed with sweaty socks. Well for the longest time I thought it was me...

But I only smell this odor near this person. And sometimes can smell where they have been thus making me think it's me.

Well having said that I never coughed nor has anybody who has come in contact with him ever coughed or indicated the odor.

And another colleague even said to me "it's him". so it's not just my nose fooling me. Everyone works around him no problem- no coughing. I think it's not an odor causing people to cough. I don't get why people cough. 90% of who I pass do not cough, but sometimes I think wtf when someone coughs as soon as I pass them. I spend my free time in my room. If i leave for the day and come back the room doesn't smell... Maybe my bb isn't severley bad all the time as i've been out drinking with people and sat in close proximity and no-one has said anything. but when its bad people think i shit myself or haven't washed my behind..........
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

Last weekend I was at a party and the music was pretty loud, so we had to scream to understand each other. However I talked to my friends' face and he didn't had any reaction. No coughing, no nose rubbing or something of that sort. Then one hour later we were in a car and I started to talk to my other friend and he rubbed his nose a little bit.

So like I said, just because people rub their noses or cough when you talk or when you are in close proximity, it doesn't necessarily mean that you have bad breath!
hatelife
Total Newbie

Re:

Post by hatelife »

Archimonde wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:09 pm @mindspace

how can i tell which tooth is infected? What does the infection look like?
the effected tooth will look longer and you will notice the gum is receding. in late stage the poket (the area between tooth and gum) becomes deeper and there which a load of bacteria accumulate and start damage your gum.
simple
Advanced

Re:

Post by simple »

Males produce less CH4 than females though. It might be something to do with metabolism in females vs males. Also females with tmau have bb worsened around period. Maybe it’s related or maybe not.
tieuvodanh wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:09 am Most of the coughing population are males from observations.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic