Your Email Address:

First Name:

Making people cough

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
FedUp
God

Making people cough

Post by FedUp »

Do any of you make people cough? Some people I pass do not cough and some do.

Am I missing something?

I must note anyone who I pass never seem disgusted or look back. They just seem to clear their throat or cough.

Is it my deodorant? Am I putting too much on??? what.

And for the record, bad smells never make me cough or clear my throat. And nor does any ones perfume or deodorant. Are we putting something weird annoying vibe out there or something??

Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
qays22
Total Newbie

Re: Making people cough

Post by qays22 »

i make people cough, sneeze and rub thier noses even my family.

my stinky breath makes people cough and sneeze...

i dont know what to do
tieuvodanh

Post by tieuvodanh »

Most of the coughing population are males from observations.
jamesmcavoy

Right son

Post by jamesmcavoy »

U r right .
males are assholes .everytime a man passes by me coughs or rubs his nose for no reason .bcoz i know i dont smell thr nose .but a girl or woman who passes by really close to my cheek doesnt even react .
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

It's just so strange.

I walked past a farm and all I could smell was shit. I didn't even hold my breath, cough or clear my throat and trust me the smell was potent.

One gentleman who walked near me cleared his throat ridiculously loud and over the top.

I do not get it but it pisses me off. I walked on a train walked down an aisle, then down the next and one person coughed as I walked past, maybe some people just do not like certain deodorants of colognes??

Humans are pathetic and soft. Us halitosis sufferers gotta be strong people to put up with the torment and turmoil 24/7. Do you ever wonder how any friends of yours would cope with this condition if they had it?

I guess it will make us stronger people on the other side of this condition when we beat it.

I never knew how much something as simple as going for a coffee or something to eat with friends makes me quite happy but unfortunately I cannot do that without that horrible feeling of being trapped and uncomfortable. I'm always suggesting sitting outside at pubs (whenever I muster courage to go). I hate being crammed into small spaces. It's funny how you don't even think about it when you're not aware of such a condition.

Back before this began I would be loud but not now, the silent guy "who doesn't talk" to quote colleagues. Unfortunately for me I don't even have to talk to be smelt. Nasal odor is stronger than mouth odor. Let's hope wisdom teeth extraction cures me.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

Ohh yes those reactions we bb sufferers are aware of and that's the problem, we are too aware of that. Every person who rubs their nose or coughs in close proximity to us leads us to believe that we are the reason that it happens.
My father has chronic bad breath too and trust me his breath stinks badly. But still I don't have to rub my nose or cough when I smell it. It is a little unpleasant but it's manageable to smell it. Also other people don't seem to do it either when he talks to them.
However when I start to talk people seem to do it. However, after close observation I found out that this is a bad indicator. Just one week ago I was at a bar with 2 friends having a beer. Then I started to talk and guess what, my friend started to rub his nose. So my internal alarm goes off and I'm thinking like: "Shit, do I really have Bad Breath right now?" And the thought wouldn't leave me alone. So I went to the bathroom and did the selftest and put my finger to the back of my tongue. I couldn't smell anything so I went back and just watched my friends interact with each other and I watched something interesting. As the one friend talked to the other, the one who listened started to rub his nose and even made a weird facial expression. And I was just thinking: " If he would react that way to me, while I would be talking then that would make me think I have BB". However I know for a fact that both of them don't have bad breath!

So to make it short. We interpret way too much in these gestures like when someone rubs their nose or clears their throat or coughs when we are in close proximity. It's just that our mind is very well trained to look for these types of things and guess what we see them everywhere we go because we are unconsciously looking for it! I'm sure other people without bb get it too but with the difference that they don't give a crap about it unlike us with bb.

Of course there are some obvious reactions like when someone moves away from us while we talk or when someone puts their hand to his nose and leaves it there while we talk, then it should be taken as a more serious sign but nose rubbing or coughing not so much is what experience told me.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

I make people touch their noses. Everyone at work knows I have bad breath issues, including the boss. The thing is, I'm doing a good job so don't think they will fire me any time soon. I'm the only one that brushes their teeth after lunch and I'm sure they have all seen me doing it by now. I am assuming they all realized my bb is not something that can be helped. Still, whenever a colleague enters my room the first thing he/she does is touching the nose and complain about the room's smell. Bah what can I do. Smell and I come as a package. If you don't want the smell, then stay away from my room.
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

Rub nose,coughing,scratching,sneezing-it's called PATM(People are allergic to me).One of the reasons for PATM is TMAU-but it's rare disorder.So what is causing PATM?It all starts with bad breath and continue with bacterial overgrowth or something else.I am BB free now,but I have PATM reactions-could it be something with respiratory tract- I have problem with lungs -I have emphysema- I also coughs very much-It's like asthma but it's not that.My bacterial overgrowth have been reduced because I've extracted all my upper mollars and wisdom teeth but reactions are the same.So how can I be PATM free and what is causing PATM?I don't know that but I am glad that I don't smell anymore.
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

hello mindsapce, i want it to ask you a question, how do you chew your food since you have removed all upper mollar and wisdom teeth. and are you planing to do implants or something like that. im thinking to do the same thing since i have alot of problems with my teeth. thank you so much. for sharing .
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

Hi.Yeah my case is progressive periodontitis so it's hard to chew without 6 upper teeth but that is since 2 months so it's not a long time and I kind of use to it.At the moment about lower teeth-I have partial dentures(it's not bridges-it's denture) but I am planning to do bridge.About upper teeth-at the moment i also have frontal partial denture and i'm planning to do denture because I have only 4 upper teeth.Maybe after 2-3 years because now I don't have money I'll do 4 implants but not more because I had metallic taste in my mouth for very long time and my dentist said that 4 implants are enough,not more -also that's because I have serious periodontal disease it's not possible to do all implants.But my advice is if you don't have big periodontal pockets to not extract teeth because I know how hard is to not have your own teeth in your mouth.I was 23 when I've extracted 10 teeth and I was depressed for about a year.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

mindspace wrote:.I was 23 when I've extracted 10 teeth and I was depressed for about a year.
Why did you have 10 teeth extracted? That seems extreme. The dentists where I'm from won't extract teeth except unless absolutely necessary. In fact, some dentists don't do extractions at all. I tried to have a tooth extracted and they refused. Was your BB cured as a result of all these extractions?
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

You know what is progressive periodontitis-bleeding gums,puss,bone loss and loose teeth.But these 6 upper mollar teeth which i extracted-they were infected by the gums because I have big periodontal pockets-and yeah it cures my bb.I had awfull smell from these mollars and gums,also had a smell at the back of the throat and feel of lump in the throat.Now it's gone.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

mindspace wrote:You know what is progressive periodontitis-bleeding gums,puss,bone loss and loose teeth.But these 6 upper mollar teeth which i extracted-they were infected by the gums because I have big periodontal pockets-and yeah it cures my bb.I had awfull smell from these mollars and gums,also had a smell at the back of the throat and feel of lump in the throat.Now it's gone.
I see, very interesting. How old were you when your BB started and did any of the tooth you extracted had caries?
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

I don't know.All i know is that i had chronic constipation for many years and I think that this problem is related to bad breath in some way.I was 13 when my brother said that my mouth smell awful.At that age I had 3 or 4 caries.Bleeding gums began after I had lung disease-pneumonia.Bad breath was never serious problem for me till I saw reactions from people-rub noses,coughing,sneezing.First was only rub noses,but now people coughs very much around me.I had a paranoia because I know that was real.These teeth which I extracted didnt have caries-it's only that they were infected.And now bad breath it's gone but PATM reactions are increased-coughing for example.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@mindspace

how can i tell which tooth is infected? What does the infection look like?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic