First Name:

My story, friends..

Tell us your story with bad breath
Sadgirl123
Total Newbie

My story, friends..

Post by Sadgirl123 »

Hello friends,

I have been reading this blog for a month now! I am very happy i found you guys, i am not alone ..

I am a young woman , my problems started maybe 6-7 years ago. When i was back in europe i think i had some bb occasionally and i though its because i had a crown problem.
Changed that crown maybe 3-4 times and still food was getting inside and causing horrible taste and breath. When i moved to usa i tried to look for a good dentist that can help me. I found one and since i didnt have insurance i had to save up for almost a year so i can have enough to make that dental bridge he suggested. It was hard but of course i didnt think about the money all i wanted was not to have this horrible problem anymore.
So finally i did it and i was so happy ( bridge is fine) but i still have the bb! Omg! It must be something else.
So i started looking up info online, reading trying all kinds of mouthwashes ecc... I cant decide what type i have. It changes .. Sometimes is metallic, sometimes its worse then if i threw up ( sorry its disgusting but i know u guys wont judge)
So when i was reading i though i have tonsil stones. The symptoms matched and i went to see ETN . He said its all fine your troat is red u have infection in troat and ear and gave me some antibiotics . They helped! Oh my i was soo happy! Clindamicyn or something was the name of the drug! I remember there was one day i didnt even chew gum or took mints and i was so confident talking to people.
Well, my joy was short. It came back! I went back to etn he said he doesnt see a problem he even said i cant smell it ! Well, i can smell it and my bf doesnt kiss me so there is something!
He gave me some pills for acid reflux . They dont help. Nothing helps. I asked him for some more antibiotocs.. They dont work anymore so after taking them for a while i stopped hoping for a result....
Ive noticed that my nose is feeling weird. Sometimes i can breath but i still have a sensation that is stuffed. And i cant really smell the exact smell of my breath. I moslty feel it in my troat.
So i think there is some connection but im still looking and trying almost everything a see or read. I dont cate about money. I dont make that much but i would rather not have money to eat and try something new that gives me hope..
I smoke and i drink lots of coffee. I gave up that for some time but it had no actual results. And before i used to smoke and drink coffee but i had no such problems.
I used to have really dry mouth. At some point there was no saliva at all.
I started drinking lots of water and eating veggies and fruits. Now its def better and my troat doesnt hurt. But bb is always present.

I am just sharing my story i have no one to talk to. I have no family here where i live so i cant even ask someone to smell me and give me a true answer. People never told me anything but i see in their reactions they rub noses . Sometimes i think how come no one said anything to me yet.. Im prepared that day will come...

Thank you guys for listening!
I wish we all find a solution. This is the worst feeling ever. If it didnt happen to you , you dont actually know what it is. Thats why im happy i " have" you in this forum...

( excuse my english, its not my first language:)

liza22

Post by liza22 »

I'm so sorry you have this. No words can say how horrible it is. People don't understand or see it as a real problem. Doctors lie. Tell you they can't smell anything because they have no answers. I had to take clindamycin once for an H. pylori ulcer in my stomach and I didn't have bb while taking it. It was great living a normal life for a couple weeks. Even waking up--no smell at all. but then it came back with a vengeance. I have the metallic taste too. I had my tonsils out and lots of nose surgery hoping to get relief. Didn't get any. I think my problem is bacteria overgrowth on the tongue that doesn't respond to cleaning.

You're English is great by the way. I don't know why someone can't come up with a way to manage this problem.
Forwardfaith
Total Newbie

Post by Forwardfaith »

liza22 wrote: I had to take clindamycin once for an H. pylori ulcer in my stomach and I didn't have bb while taking it. It was great living a normal life for a couple weeks. Even waking up--no smell at all. but then it came back with a vengeance. I have the metallic taste too.
If I remember correctly, I too was told I had Hpylori a few years ago as well, however was only given Zantac. Do you experience the urge to do number two but nothing happens when you get to the toilet? It subsides noon time. E It sounds like I could have too much stomach acid too. Your description sounds very similar to mine.
I too have that metallic taste, does yours get stronger when you eat curry or after eating a meal?
Sadgirl, you noticed the bad breath in your throat, does this occur when u exhale all your air with your mouth shut and get a slight strange taste afterwards?
liza22

Post by liza22 »

I was on 2 different antibiotics plus a PPI for my H. Pylori. To answer your question, I don't have any urge problems. My metallic taste does get stronger after eating. Almost like a rotting taste. Not fun.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic