Your Email Address:

First Name:

My friend wants to kill me of ANXIETY

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Ihatemybreath
Master

My friend wants to kill me of ANXIETY

Post by Ihatemybreath »

OK. So today I was at school in my quiet routine and stressful , living in fear and worry , all that shi* that you understand very well how it is. And, well , my friend just sat next to me and started talking to me , and without stopping ... My anxiety level was like 40%, then it became 90%. Dude, you can not just invade my space like that . I love being around him , I love talking to him , chatting with him ... but unfortunately I can not sit next to him . Next to anyone . I just do not feel comfortable handing BB there. Speaking in front of people . We were like 40 cm away from each other . Can you imagine? And yes , I 'm sure I was with BB because I could feel in my mouth . I was so, so , uncomfortable, my God . So , option 1 :

My friend just likes suffering and thought today would be a good day to smell the BB from someone

Option 2 : He hates me , knows of my problem and likes to make me go through big levels of anxiety

Option 3 : He wanted to do charity (I stay with this option)

Option 4 : He loves me and does not care much about the BB .

I really wanted to believe in option 4 , but I know that everyone cares bout BB. oblivious , no one simply ignores that. And when I'm eating something like bread he just comes and say ''I want it'', and BITE. Bite the f*cking thing even knowing I have BAD BREATH. Such a CHARITY

CHARITY
CHARITY
CHARITY

Is about about charity. He may feel pity of me. And news flash I DONT NEED CHARITY FROM ANYONE. I don't need it, I don't want it. Just respect my space and keep your as* away from me. I'm a freak. Are u satisfied? Its so hard when peoples don't respect my space.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sorry if you've mentioned this before, but have you ever asked him?

I know it's hard to do this and it depends on a lot of different factors, but if this person loves you and respects you enough to be worthy of your friendship, then you could try to confide in him about your BB.

Again, sorry if you've already mentioned that you have.
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

halitosisux wrote:Sorry if you've mentioned this before, but have you ever asked him?

I know it's hard to do this and it depends on a lot of different factors, but if this person loves you and respects you enough to be worthy of your friendship, then you could try to confide in him about your BB.

Again, sorry if you've already mentioned that you have.
Yes, he is the only friend who I talked about it and confirmed I really have bb
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I would seriously consider asking him again. Most people with BB would love to have a person to confide in like that. At least it would help you to understand your friend's behaviour and build trust so that if you ever needed honest feedback about your breath when trying new things etc.
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

I can't. I feel much embarrassed. I just can't. And he don't give me feedback about that, cause when one day I told him that I feel like trash because of my problem, he just said ''Do not.'' It doesn't matter, is not his found, he's just a normal people who thinks bb goes away by brushing tooth. He will never understand. We won't talk about it. Sometimes I just wanna cry untill I die.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Your life will pass you by in a flash if you don't push yourself do go beyond these fears. I know how hard it is to talk about it or even refer to the subject, but this is a golden opportunity you may one day live to regret not grasping.

At worst he may simply confirm what you already think you know about your BB, but you'll at least know that whenever you need honest feedback again, you'll get it. You may also find out things you've incorrectly assumed about your BB, such as YOU DO NOT HAVE CONSTANT BB, for example, because your BB is only intermittent, or you only had a temporary problem at the time you last asked him about it. He may even only have told you what he dared not to tell you, or just what he sensed you wanted to hear at the time.

As human beings it's IMPOSSIBLE to be certain about anything regarding our breath, especially when we're trying to determine things by ourselves. No matter what happens around us, reactions, past reactions/comments, odours/tastes we're able to detect - it all means NOTHINGGGGGG. The ONLY thing that means something is what other reliable trustworthy NOSES can tell us at any given time. Everything else is just a gradual self-inflicted torture that only gets worse with time.

Halitophobia is REAL. For every actual halitophobic person out there, there's a person with all the same fears and symptoms of having bad breath, but WITHOUT having bad breath! So unless you want to continue to spend your whole life slowly drowning in self-doubt, then please talk to your friend. He's probably just as embarrassed about bad breath as you are, and why he gives the impression of not wanting to elaborate or cooperate with you much. But once he realizes how important this is to you to discuss, his attitude will change.

Remember that people who have never feared having bad breath, do not understand the torture it becomes for those who ever have. They cannot comprehend how big this is to us. To them it's "only" harmless bad breath. What they don't realise is that it slowly eats into our confidence, it spreads through our mind and our lives like a poison. So when you talk to someone about it you have to allow for this "educating" period. You have to work at it. And if they're truly your friend, they will want to learn and help you.
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

Thank you so much, halitosisux, for your willingness to help me. I really appreciate it. I read all and realized how important it is to talk about BB with my friend, trust is someone. I really need it. But sometimes I feel like my friend is not interested about my problem, he sees me sad sometimes and don't even ask what's my problem. Is it right? Sometimes I so depressed that I don't even try to fake a smile, but he doesn't ask! I don't feel right to talk about a really serious problem with a person who doesn't care! And he's a normal people with normal breath and normal concepts. What can he do to help me? Say to me that I need to smile, to be more confident? All this things I already know. What can he do? Search about BB solutes for me? I pass more than 5 hours searching about BB cures. I know like everything. He can do nothing to help me, understand? I'm just waiting for my mom to take me to do this exams, which they will put a camera in my throat... but it is expansive. ''My'' ENT knows everything about my problem and I think he's trying to help me, knows about the PND and tonsils stones... I have a kind of hope, at least. But who knows when I will get cured? Untill there my friend can do nothing but say to me to stop being so depressed. And check my breath. But you really think he will be able to check my breath through the day? No, he won't... cause anyone, normal people, likes to check someone's breath! He will find it disgusting. What I really needed is a BB person to trust in.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thank you, it means so much to me if I'm helping anyone.

I think your friend simply doesn't yet understand the seriousness of what you're going through. And like I said, he can't possibly know unless he's been there too. And even if he did understand, your feelings of hopelessness make you wonder what's the point in talking to anyone about it anyway?

I just think that it's something that if you can manage to work on, to make him gradually understand by getting him to see what life in your shoes is really like, that in time you will be grateful that you did.

If you're reading the stories in the forum, you'll soon see how the hardest thing of all is the uncertainty. You NEED this friend! If this person is truly your friend they will WANT to help you. You can never escape this madness by yourself, no matter what the true reality is of your BB. Please try to do what I said, and work at MAKING him understand.

BB is as much about our minds as anything to do with bacteria. A person with anorexia always thinks they look fat. So much is about how we see ourselves. Once we find a reason to believe we smell, it's like a latch in our heads, and we will always manage to convince ourselves that we must smell. Not only are we quite likely to be making wrong assumptions, but we also find ourselves trapped inside a rut of negativity and hopelessness which keeps us trapped in this vicious circle. The longer this goes on the deeper this rut gets. If you can relate to what I'm saying, please try to think about it and what I've said about your friend.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic