Your Email Address:

First Name:

How badly bad breath affected your social life?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
Ihatemybreath
Master

How badly bad breath affected your social life?

Post by Ihatemybreath »

I just wanted to know if you guys have friends, and if so, how many? And boyfriend or girlfriend? How BB affects your social life? Your friends support you and love you even with BB? How do you feel about them? Do you think they treat you that different or they love you just like the other friends or even more?

kart
Junior

Post by kart »

I have a lot of big friends, and they threat me like the others, I never talked to them about BB.
Some times I get really stressed annoying about BB, and I want to disappear. I dont have a girlfriend last 5 years, I had 3 for 6 years, and I had BB during.

Me manda uma PM, abraco..
kart
Junior

Post by kart »

I have a lot of big friends, and they threat me like the others, I never talked to them about BB.
Some times I get really stressed annoying about BB, and I want to disappear. I dont have a girlfriend last 5 years, I had 3 for 6 years, and I had BB during.

Me manda uma PM, abraco..
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

É bem assim que eu me sinto também, simplesmente me enfiar num mundo paralelo e sumir... Esses pensamentos me afetam tanto, sabe? Eu penso nisso o tempo todo quando tô falando com os outros. Eu fico feliz em saber que você tem grandes amigos que te amam. Eu não tenho muitos, na verdade não mais que três só que as vezes eu me sinto culpado, eu penso ''vocês deviam se afastar de mim'' porque eu tenho um hálito nada agradável e quem gosta de ficar perto de mim assim? Mas eles me amam, eu acho. Por isso ficam perto de mim... meu melhor amigo é a única pessoa que me faz querer viver.
Tony22

Post by Tony22 »

I've never been too social of a person, but I have a number of close friends and I've had a girlfriend before although I don't have one now. All of them seem to put up with my bad breath, I don't think they treat me any different. One of my best friends has a B.O. issue, so we kind of have something in common there; of course I've never been bothered by his issue...

Having bad breath does make me a little more nervous around meeting new people, worrying they won't want to talk to me, etc. but it wasn't really affected the friends that I have.
happylife05
Junior

Post by happylife05 »

the more you ignore the fact that you have bad breath, the better you can get along with people. Not saying that you shouldn't work on root cause.

Ignorance is bliss :), don't give it a ***k.
jamesmcavoy

Re: How badly bad breath affected your social life?

Post by jamesmcavoy »

I have been a fuckedup fellow coZ of bb .
i am not able to get a job since 4.5 yrs .i am stay at home guy being fed by parents . i am 24 .u all can abuse me for all these things like others but only i know what i m going thr .

i am misguided by life .
i am 100% hopeless to such extent that evn if someone gives me a 20 day strict regime to completly cure my bb , i am sure i will fail to follow .
i am highly depressed and frustrated since last 12 yrs .
God gave me a highly intelligent scientist like brain with higher logical thinking power but forgot to give me at least a fine fate to use it .

i have become a 'LET GO EVERYTHING ' kind of guy .

THIS IS WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES OF BAD KARMA OF MY ****ing PAST LIVES .
THESE DAYS I AM CONQUERING MY EGO THAT I AM DOING EVERYTHING .
I JUST BELIEVE THAT I AM JUST A MEDIUM WHICH IS EXPERINCING BAD KARMIC DISCHARGE .

anything else shud i say ?
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

jamesmcavoy,
I'm sorry to read that you have had this problem since you were 12 years old. (That is also when I became aware of my bad breath problem.) But you're still young and all is not lost.
You say that God gave you a highly intelligent scientist like brain. Try to use your intelligence to figure out what the problem is. If there is a bad odor coming from anywhere, there has to be a source of the odor. Without a source, there can be no odor, good or bad. There is at least an 85% chance that breath odor originates in the mouth or very close to the mouth, such as the throat or sinuses. Post nasal drip causing a stale buildup of mucus in the throat is one such possibility. Gum disease or gum flaps over partially erupted wisdom teeth could be another. You should concentrate on getting to the bottom of the underlying cause of the breath odor.
In the meantime stay away from sweet mouthwashes and sweet sugary foods and drinks (maybe also dairy). Sugar is good food for bacteria and makes everything worse. If you have a white coating on your tongue, mild tongue scraping and vigorous throat clearing (to dislodge the mucus) may also help somewhat.
But the main point is, you still have a long life ahead of you, so don't give up yet.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

I don't have any friends (there are a few I speak to now and then in college but no friends). When I was in middle and high school I had a few friends (even though I had BB). BB has taken over my social life a lot. I am still able to enjoy things alone though. I go to the movies, shopping, art museums, and NBA games (when I get the chance), etc. alone. Sometimes, I go to NBA games with my brother. I try to stay away from restaurants, because I know I'll have to speak up. I'll go to a restaurant probably once every few months and that's usually when I'm out and about and get really hungry and have no choice. When I was in middle school, my friends knew I had BB but never commented on it. In high school, I had a different set of friends and they'd comment on it and make little jokes about it. They still accepted me, though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic