Your Email Address:

First Name:

Black tooth

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
FedUp
God

Black tooth

Post by FedUp »

I was having a look in my mouth the other day and noticed I have blackening on a tooth that has had a huge filling (many years ago). Is this anything to worry about or is this simply just the filling staining my tooth over time?

Could this be decay? No dentist ever said anything about it any time I've been.

I must note the tooth doesn't smell although my gums reaked around that area when I flossed with inter dental brushes last week.
I think another dentist trip is to be arranged.

I do recall my doctor saying the tooth looked unhealthy but why wouldn't any dentist say anything about it?

It seems to be black underneath the actual filling...

Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
mohan
Total Newbie

Re: Black tooth

Post by mohan »

FedUp wrote:I was having a look in my mouth the other day and noticed I have blackening on a tooth that has had a huge filling (many years ago). Is this anything to worry about or is this simply just the filling staining my tooth over time?

Could this be decay? No dentist ever said anything about it any time I've been.

I must note the tooth doesn't smell although my gums reaked around that area when I flossed with inter dental brushes last week.
I think another dentist trip is to be arranged.

I do recall my doctor saying the tooth looked unhealthy but why wouldn't any dentist say anything about it?

Hi fedup

dont ignore that tooth please, if it has a cavity that you cannot see or is at the gum line or below gum line or between two teeth where is oxygen free it can cause severe bad breath that no one can tolarate. I have solved like that problem my breath improved more and more and improving day after day. Pls dont ignore that tooth.

It seems to be black underneath the actual filling...
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

I dont think the problem comes from your rotten teeth
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

Just take it off with a knife or just keep it. Black tooth its sexy
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Dentist did a test on the tooth, made it go cold and painful meaning it wasn't dead. apparently my gums and teeth are great............. How ironic.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

Yeah I also have that kind of tooth but since I had a root treatment on that tooth my dentist explained to me that there is nothing wrong with the tooth and that it becomes black over time because it's dead. Also there is no smell coming from it so I assume that it's really just dead and that's all.

It's funny that people always think that people with really bad breath must not brush their teeth or have bad teeth while the truth is that people with chronic bad breath have almost always an exceptionally well mouth hygiene which is often a lot better than people with no bad breath.
A friend of mine doesn't give a sh*t about his mouth hygiene. Brushes his teeth 2 times a day without flossing, using a tongue scraper or mouth wash and he still has no bad breath at all times. Man people like that have really no idea what we are going through...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic