First Name:

My life with terrible BB and how I hopefully was cured

Tell us your story with bad breath
sandspiegel
Junior

My life with terrible BB and how I hopefully was cured

Post by sandspiegel »

Hey guys,

I want to share my personal story with you and how I found what I hope is the cure for me after so many depressive years.

I have bb since I can think so all my life. Back in the day when I was about 7 my brother used to make fun of it, that I have BB and that it smells like sh*t. Well back then I didn't really cared what he had to say until I was in school for a couple of years and that's when my life changed because of BB. Some guy told me in front of the whole class that I had bad breath. Well after that I wouldn't talk if there wouldn't be a safe distance to my talk partner and would always turn my head to the side if I talked, so that nobody could smell it. And of course I would chew Chewing Gum all the time when I was out and not at home.

This continued on till I was about 13 or 14 years old. I was already really desperate because I knew that I had a big problem in my life and with this problem I would never find a girlfriend and it was really difficult to live with in general, so I began searching the internet for solutions. I quickly came across Thera Breath and it helped me really good, so that I had my peace for a couple of years. Even had a girlfriend then but then the effect of Thera Breath had started to fade and when I was about 16 or 17 my problem would be back even when using Thera Breath. It would help a little but it wouldn't remove the bb completely. When I did the self test (putting the finger on the back of the tongue and smell it) it smelled really horrible. My BB comes from the tongue and it has a white layer on it which would stink really bad.

My life continued on like that and I started to get really lonely because I haven't had a girlfriend for about 6 years because of bb (I'm 22 now). It was terrible to sit in the bus and someone you know sits right next to you and you can't even talk to the person because of bb. I really started to hate my life and even had s*****e thoughts for a while.
Then about 2 months ago I met a really great girl that seemed to really like me and we started to chat and I quickly realized she could be my next girlfriend but not with that breath!

So I started to search the Internet again for possible solutions. I knew my problem was on the tongue. And in a german Forum a guy mentioned the "Tung Brush + Gel". I started to do some research and found out that it helped a lot of desperate people eliminating their bb problem. So I gave it a shot and guess what, it worked so far! This is the fourth day without Thera Breath (was unthinkable before the Tung Brush).
I use it everyday, twice a day and after getting rid of this disgusting white gunk on my Tongue, I use the Gel and apply it on my tongue (especially on the back of my tongue where it is the worst). In the end I also use Meridol Halitosis Mouth Wash (which wouldn't help at all before using the Tung Brush).
Not only can't I smell anything on the back of my tongue now but I also asked my mum if she can smell anything (after over 4 hours of last usage) and she said there is absolutely no bad breath and that it was actually a kind of pleasant smell. She now wants to buy the same brush for my father who has also really bad chronicle breath (that I might have from him).

For about 2 weeks, me and the girl have a relationship together but it was only possible so far because I would do over the top mouth hygiene and because of chewing gum all the time while being with her. Also I was afraid to really come near her or to kiss her. Now I can hopefully do that.

So this is my story and I hope that I won't have to suffer from it again after so many years of depression and even s*****e thoughts. So guys believe me, I know your pain and how much life sucks with bad breath.

I hope that my story will give someone here hope.

I hope that I found my solution and I encourage you guys to try it if your Bad Breath comes from the Tongue.
Here's a really informative video on how this thing works and why it is a lot better than a tooth brush and a Tongue Scraper (I used a tongue scraper before and it wouldn't help at all)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDBwV8c9nQ4

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

what is with the recent influx of cured posts :-k
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

Spam alert
Spam alert
Spam alert
Spam alert.

Ooooooops. Just kidding [-X
Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

StillHoping wrote:what is with the recent influx of cured posts :-k
Its the new era baby

[-X [-X [-X
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

We can't delete posts just because we think they might be spam. But if this is a spam post, then it's a good effort. I think we should leave it though, because I've seen many trusted members say this is a good product for cleaning the tongue.

If you're genuine, thanks for your feedback.
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

I understand that it sound like spam since it was my first post and my reputation here is, well, nonexistent.
However, I didn't know anything about the Tung Brush + Gel until a guy mentioned it in a German Forum which was the Forum I started out at. You can see it on my nickname and if someone here speaks German, you can check here:

http://www.med1.de/Forum/Zahnmedizin/116804/533/

Actually what gave me really hope was a user here at this website called noptical who said so many great things about it, like here:
noptical wrote:By the way for those who just got the tung brush: It's effectiveness is increased a lot over time. The first few days or weeks it will be a little uncomfortable or even may make your tongue bleed but after a few days your tongue gets used to it and you dont feel a thing

You don't need to use a tongue scraper at all, this is what the tung brush is for.

The purpose here is not to put as much gel as possible, it's NOT gel doing most of the work. The purpose is to use the tung brush correctly. I use it a lot without tung gel AT ALL and it makes my tongue bright pink.

Just put a small amount of tung gel on the tung brush and clean your tongue using circular motion.
2. When done, clean your tongue starting from the back to the front (just like with a tongue scraper) washing the tung brush inbetween so all the saliva/white stuff/whatever that sticked to the brush goes away.

After using it for a while you will learn how to do it correctly. If you don't see results right away, don't give up, this is how it is supposed to be. It takes a few days until your tongue gets used to it.

IF YOU'RE USING A TUNG BRUSH AND STILL NEED TO USE A TONGUE SCRAPER, THEN YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

sweets07 wrote: i hate how i can feel the roughness of my tongue w/ this daily abuse. i've been trying to figure out how to make it feel softer.
This is what the tung brush does. Your tongue becomes much softer. I've been using it for a year and I can even brush my tongue with a plain toothbrush and the white gunk goes all away.
So if you don't believe me, well that's your decision but I know how much it sucks to have bb and that it can make life a nightmare sometimes and I wanted to share a story with people who come here searching for possible solutions and of course hope.
believe
Total Newbie

Post by believe »

Thank you sandspiegel its appreciated :)

I just bought the tung brush today..hopefully i have the same great result you did ::fingers crossed::
liza22

Post by liza22 »

Believe--have you tried rinsing with hydrogen peroxide/water mixture (use a ratio of 50/50). That seems to give some of us a bit of relief.
believe
Total Newbie

Post by believe »

liza22 wrote:Believe--have you tried rinsing with hydrogen peroxide/water mixture (use a ratio of 50/50). That seems to give some of us a bit of relief.
Hi Liza22 i have tried but I didnt get much relief. I used it for months actually. ..kept using because all the other mouth washes did nothing for me. And i kept using it because I know it kills bacteria. Nothing seems to work for longer than maybe 20 mins. I think it comes from my tonsils as I have small tonsil stones. Which I clean them everyday with irrigation. I just need to remove them.
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

believe wrote:Thank you sandspiegel its appreciated :)

I just bought the tung brush today..hopefully i have the same great result you did ::fingers crossed::
Best of luck to you :)
You said that you have tonsil stones. Maybe that's the problem, at least partially. Does your bb also come from the Tongue? Did you try to put your finger to the back of your tongue and then smell it? I always had a disgusting smell coming from there, now, after using Tung Brush for almost a week, it's almost gone. Sure, after about 8 hours or so, I can smell a little again but just yesterday after 12 hours of last Tung Brush usage I asked my mother if she could smell anything (I expected her to say yes, since it was such a long time ago when I brushed my teeth and tongue) and she said that it's not like you brushed your teeth just now but it's not an unpleasant smell either and when I talked straight to her face (just for a test) she said she couldn't smell anything, which is incredible.
Also, now when I go to college and talk to people there or on the bus, there is no reaction anymore (before Tung Brush, they would rub their nose etc.).
I hope that it all stays that way [-o< [-o< [-o<

It would be really great to hear more people getting their life back because of a simple brush. :)
I can't believe that I didn't hear about it in the past and stumbled upon it just by coincidence.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

tung brush gel uses same chemicals or similar as Katzila therabreath, all companies sell oxidizing chemicals, nothiung else come close to it because it is so potent.

They all bond to chlorine element but sideffects, that is another story

so you are just pushing that gel inside the tongue but it works on same principle as Katziola crappy mouthwash

the chemical that kissl bacterias is

zinc chloride, oxidizing agent
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

Jimi Stein wrote:tung brush gel uses same chemicals or similar as Katzila therabreath, all companies sell oxidizing chemicals, nothiung else come close to it because it is so potent.

They all bond to chlorine element but sideffects, that is another story

so you are just pushing that gel inside the tongue but it works on same principle as Katziola crappy mouthwash

the chemical that kissl bacterias is

zinc chloride, oxidizing agent

Actually I get very similar results without even using the gel. When I go to sleep for example I don't use the gel at all but only the brush and a cheap mouth wash and still have a completely clean mouth feel and after waking up the mouth feel is pretty decent too and not how it used to be when I used therraBreath.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

but the question is do you get reactions from others, that is the main problem we face
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Hi guys,

From my experience, I can say that in my case, tung brush + tung gel does help a little bit more than common brushes, thootpastes and mouthwashes.

In fact, it's almost the only thing that I kept using in the last years.

Somehow it seems to clean better the tongue than other stuff.

I have bb anyway, but I do think that if I wouldn't use it, it would be a little bit worse.

The funny thing is that today, I bought a Mouthwash after several years of not using it, and added to the tung brush routine I can say that in my last 3 hours I feel like my bb has been reduced a lot.

Could be a coincidence, or maybe the mouthwash is powerfull now because of the years without using it, and in the next days it will lessen it's strenght... I will have to wait and see.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated if the situation seems to be still improving.

I have to say too that in the last month I added a plastic tongue scraper to my routine, so I use both: tung brush and tongue scraper.

This topic was discussed in this forum 3 or 4 years ago, and at least from what I can remember, most of the members said that it helped in some degree, I don't remember anyone against it.
In fact, i do remember that one member called "Noptical" stated that tung brush was the solution for his bb. It was a regular member of the forum and, after that, it didn't came back again.

Sadly is not like that for me, but I do think it's a good tool to have in our toolkit.

Good luck to all,
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

I also use a normal mouth wash after using Tung Brush (which would do almost nothing before I discovered Tung Brush) and until now my bb situation gets better and better so far. The terrible smell at the back of my tongue is as good as gone and reactions from people that I would normally get in the bus ,college or when I go out with friends (rubbing the nose when I talk etc.) disappeared. My mum also said that I have no bb now (even after 12 hours of last usage). Also my girlfriend didn't complain until now, so yeah I hope that everything will stay that way
[-o< [-o<
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic