Your Email Address:

First Name:

scientific balloons to capture breath sample

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
cursedandblessed
Total Newbie

scientific balloons to capture breath sample

Post by cursedandblessed »

I've seen TV news stories over the years about bad breath. The scientists get their subjects to blow into these little balloon like devices. Then the breath sample from the balloon is smelled.

Does anyone know what those balloons are called?

I am thinking that they would be good devices to check the results of different solutions we are trying - especially for those of us who can't bring ourselves to ask someone else about our breath quality.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Ihatemybreath
Master

Post by Ihatemybreath »

It probably won't work since we may be used to our bb that we don't feel it anymore So whatever if it comes from our mouths or a balloon, nothing will be felt
liza22

Post by liza22 »

Years ago they had a personal device you could breathe into that was supposed to tell you how bad your BB was. It was similar to a breathlyzer. It measured volatile sulpher compounds.. It was under 100 but don't think it's on the market any longer. I wish they could invent a reliable device to accurately measure BB. Katzilla (love that name Jimi) used to sell a breath test where you swabbed your tongue and put it in this solution and if it turned a certain color your breath was supposed to be bad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic