Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsillectomy and still have BB?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
believe
Total Newbie

Tonsillectomy and still have BB?

Post by believe »

Hi everyone!

Im very curious -how many people have had a tonsillectomy and still have BB? Before you got your tonsils removed did you have tonsil stones?

Please let me know. Thank you!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If you look around in the forum you'll find the answer to your question in a recent survey.
mohan
Total Newbie

Post by mohan »

Please don't waste your time and money on tonsillectomy the chance of success is very low you can see if search well on in this forum. Most of bad breath cause is some thing wrong with the teeth and gums. Put all your efforts on the mouth. Even if you don,t get cured by one dentist try other one so on and so forth.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

The lucky few tonsillectomy is the cure. Didn't work for me but It's nice not plucking out tonsil stones anymore.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
thecause
Total Newbie

Post by thecause »

It helped me for about 2 weeks, since then,its even worse. By the way FedUp im right noe the same as you, bad smell from nose and mouth also think the cause is down the throat somewhere
believe
Total Newbie

Post by believe »

Thank you all so much for responding!

Im definitely hoping to take them out soon!! Im hoping it will cure my BB, but if it doesnt its still worth not having tonsil stones anymore!! I believe the bad breath is coming from tonsils, but I also believe as you say theres something in the throat causing it.

Has anyone tried oil pulling??
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

I'm hoping the tonsillectomy is my cure. I won't probably be getting it though until May when I'm of school. School's in the way and I don't want to be out for 2 weeks, because I'll have a lot of catching up to do.
Luckyhope
Total Newbie

Post by Luckyhope »

I took my tonsils out and it didn't effect my breath. I would say my breath is somewhat better but its still there. I had to get my wisdom teeth removed too because I had a nasty smell coming from them but it didn't get rid of the bad breath. It just helped it a little. Now I can chew gum and it doesn't make my breath worse.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic