Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad Breath PLS HELP !! (MY Story)

Tell us your story with bad breath
plshelp
Total Newbie

Bad Breath PLS HELP !! (MY Story)

Post by plshelp »

I am going on to my early adult life and instead of enjoying my teen years going into my 20's I am more miserable then ever I have been suffering with bad breath for 4 years unluckily for me I started getting bad breath in high school ruined my prom ruined my social life ruined EVERYTHING! people thought I was crazy because I went from the loud talkative funny girl to the girl you couldn't get to talk for 1 million dollars..

All started when I was working in a fast food place and randomly one day my manager came over and asked me a question and as I was responding she made a face and walked away I then heard her go over to another manager and say "her breath smells terrible" his response was maybe she ate something bad" and she replied NOO! I mean it smells like something died in her mouth like SHIT like terribly bad ! after that my life was never the same. Friends always said when I was talking it smells like shit , garbage etc and I got to the point where I only responded by nodding my head Yes or No and If the answer wasn't yes or no Id strug my shoulders meaning IDK even if I knew I rather seem dumb then let people smell my Breathe.

I am now in a relationship and have been for two years my boyfriend covers his nose opens windows and anything he can do to not smell my breath at first I didn't want to say anything about it but I mentioned to him that I know I have BB he said he will fix me, cute how I wish he really could I cant get mad at him because I know my breathe smells terrible!
but how much more will he smell before he leaves me ?!

BACKGROUND HISTORY :
I started taken anti biotics ALOT in high schools for UTI's that would come frequently I got a depo shot (Birth control) I have a poor diet I use to eat healthy but now I shove anything in my mouth to just take that SHIT smell out of my mouth for 1 MINUTE ! I have gained 30 LBS cause im constantly trying to eat to get rid of the odor GUM doesn't work MINTS don't work APPLES don't work Listerine doesn't work I mean I swear I have brushed my teeth for an HOUR before and 5 Mins later my breathe stunk and mouth taste like feet its getting worse by time and I keep thinking to myself how will I ever have a careers ? How will I get married ? How will I have kids ? I wouldn't dare want to embarrass my kids talking to there friends with SHIT breathe I DONT EVEN WANT TO LIVE HONESTLY my self esteem is at all time low I cant even look at people when Im talking cause I know there whipping or holding there nose or making a face.

I could type on and on but PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

ive went to GI , Dentist , Doctors, got my tonsils removed , been on every sinus antibiotic , nasal spray , every dry mouth mouthwash and toothepaste you could think of and nothings works my doctors lie and tell me Im fine its all in my head like im BooBoo the damn fool its not in my head SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO TO CURE MY BAD BREATHE I JUST WANT MY OLD LIFE BACK I JUST WANT TO BE HAPPY!!!!

ASK me any question you want as long as someone helps me suggest anything something please !

jamesmcavoy

Re: Bad Breath PLS HELP !! (MY Story)

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Hey , since u hav bb after antibiotics , ur main cause is oral flora change and not intestinal .
I want u to pm me with ur email and chat id coz here its nearly impossible to explain dverything .
Btw which country r u from ?

TEll all in pm considering me as ur friend
Thanx very much
angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

I agree. My halitosis started when I used mouthwash. The cause of my halitosis is bacterial imbalance. Don't bother with those simple cures, they won't work. You need to take antibiotics to kill the bacteria that causes it.
liza22

Post by liza22 »

Antibiotics kill both the bad and good bacteria. I took a ton of antibiotics for sinus infections. I regret that. My flora is so unbalanced now.
plshelp
Total Newbie

Get rid of BB !

Post by plshelp »

Has anyone on here got rid of there BB for good if so please share your situation and what you did to cure it .

I'm looking for any possible answer I feel like I've tried everything but maybe not .
plshelp
Total Newbie

Get rid of BB !

Post by plshelp »

Has anyone on here got rid of there BB for good if so please share your situation and what you did to cure it .

I'm looking for any possible answer I feel like I've tried everything but maybe not .
jamesmcavoy

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Angstridden

Totally wrong to take antibiotics again

Try thinking of replenishing flora with good bacteria .

If u think ur bb is tongue related just do a simple thing

Open a probuotic capsule on tongue with water and gargle for 2 minutes ,swallow and drink no plain water later .
Ur bb will improve after 10 minutes for an hour
jamesmcavoy

angstriden

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Angstridden

Totally wrong to take antibiotics again

Try thinking of replenishing flora with good bacteria .

If u think ur bb is tongue related just do a simple thing

Open a probuotic capsule on tongue with water and gargle for 2 minutes ,swallow and drink no plain water later .
Ur bb will improve after 10 minutes for an hour
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

Last edited by findacure on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

I got my bb after starting birth control and taking antibiotics too. At the same time I was drinking a lot and got amalgam fillings. I was 18 and now I am 42. Life has been tough, but luckily I have a hubby who can't smell it and three kids that smell it, but still love me. I get reactions everyday almost. The other day I made a little girls eyes burn. You just have to keep rolling with the punches. The best advice I can give you in go to college and choice a career where you won't have to deal with others much. I am a teacher and have to deal with rude comments daily. I wish I was the computer technician who comes in to fix our computers and leaves. Working with animals would be another job to think about.

Always keep your faith in God and know that there must be some cosmic reason that this is happening to you. Karma is real, but not so much a negative thing. It teaches us what we need to learn. I must have been a mean biatch in a past life. I know what has helped me is looking at life differently and reading up on getting in touch with my soul rather than sorting through all the crap in my head. Good book to start with…"The Seat of the Soul"

Hang in there and focus on the good things you have…family and friends that don't care, pets, animals, nature, etc.
plshelp
Total Newbie

Post by plshelp »

Thanks everyone so much for all the replies Im honestly trying out every piece of advice that I get .

@Tired ... I believe this is karma and ive thought that for forever I know I use to be evil I use to talk about anybody who walked past me once I got bb I didn't want to talk at all Ive probably hurt a ton of people in my life but I pray to God often and tell him that if that may be the case please give me another chance to change Ive learned a lot through all of this and understand people better then I ever have in my life having BB has been an eye opener and removed a lot of unneeded people from my life it has changed me but I could use some more changes Im not perfect still but im trying.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Not sure about the karma and life lesson stuff but please keep fighting. Explore every possible cause and do it systematically. Halitosis is not normal and has a cause or in some cases, causes.

I am also not sure I subscribe to the whole "antibiotics messing up your oral, intestinal flora" line of thinking. I believe that if you have adequate saliva in the absence of infection (sinus, periodontal disease) acid (LPR,GERD which dries your throat and irritates everything in your mouth, thereby causing excessive mucus which allows normal bacteria to proliferate) or other foreign contaminates (i.e, food particles, tonsil stones) you will not have halitosis.

I have seen more than one person here post hundreds of times only to find out they had something as obvious as periodontal disease which can be fixed in no time. That may not be you but don't skip the obvious stuff first. Search your teeth for loose fillings. Push on them and see if pus comes out or if your finger has an odor at a certain tooth. See a dentist to check your gums for disease. If you get a clean bill of health, move further back in your mouth.

Next, check your throat at the back sides. Weather you have tonsils or not, shine a flashlight in your throat while facing a mirror and look for white/ cream colored spots in your throat. Even if you don't see any, clean your finger real good with soap then peroxide and run it all over your tonsils (or the spaces your tonsils would have been), push on your lingual tonsils at the back of your tongue and even up behind your nasal pharynx (see my last post for instructions on this one). You may have tonsil stones and not even know it. Did anything pop or ooze out any crevices or indentation (crypts) in your throat? Did it smell exactly like feces? Congratulations you can join the million of people who suffer from tonsilliths. you will need to regularly maintain your crypts in order to maintain any sense of normalcy as these things, if allowed to gather, can literally stink up an entire room.

No tonsil stones? Good for you, let's check your tongue. Wait, never mind. The first mistake in the bad breath world is to obsess about your tongue. Remember that your tongue does harbor bacteria and should be cleaned, but it is just a symptom of the real problem. White hairy tongue is a common complaint on these forums. I myself used to brush my tongue until it bled thinking that if the white goes, so does my halitosis. This is an incorrect assumption and will only serve to waste your time. The day I discovered I had tonsils stones (even though I have no tonsils) and began pushing all the plaque out of those crypts, my tongue naturally turned shiny pink and the quality of my saliva improved dramatically.

So no teeth or gum problems, no tonsil stones/pus, brush the tongue, now let's check your sinuses. Go to an ENT and have them scope your sinuses and get a cat scan. This is the only way to realy know what's going on in there. Please don't just squirt saline, peroxide, or whatever else up your nose trying to fix your bad breath without seeing a doctor. This is called wasting time and although this saline stuff is all the rage on the internet, there is a 99.9 percent chance it will not fix your halitosis. Foreign bodies in your nose (think little kids sticking things up there) can cause crazy bad smells, along with atrophic rhinitis and sudden bacterial or fungal infection. Any ENT would instantly recognize these things and treat accordingly. IMHO a surgery to fix a deviated septum would not fix halitosis but I have read that one person was "cured" this way. If your ENT can't find anything wrong with sinuses and all cat scans are negative but you have nasal drip then ask him/her to check your larynx.

Now we move on to what I believe is the secret sauce that is quietly becoming an epidemic. You might have severe or slow moving post nasal drip and your saliva might be thick. You may have a bitter taste in your mouth and have a dry white tongue and feel as though mucus is collecting in your throat. You might wake up and shine a light in your throat to discover ropes of dry, thick mucus all over your oral pharynx. Congrats, you may have just hot the lottery, you have LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux).

LPR is usually caused by the combination of a hiatal hernia, a weak LES (lower esophageal sphincter) and a weak UES (upper esophageal sphincter). Once again, you need to see an ENT first to look into your throat and see if any structures in your throat have evidence of acid damage (arytenoids, larynx, pharynx, etc). If so, they will probably prescribe you some ppi's to take for a few weeks to see if thing improve. You do not need to have traditional heartburn to get LPR so please don't rule it out because your chest doesn't burn when you eat. So you know, the acid from the LPR will cause PND, thick mucus in your throat and mouth (this is your body's defense mechanism), a dry throat which can lead to hoarseness, tonsillitis (yep and stones), and halitosis because your saliva will be thicker and unable to properly flush debris down your dry, irritated throat.

If the doctor thinks you have LPR, you then need to see a gastroenterologist (GI doctor) and get scoped to evaluate your esophagus for damage (Barrett's esophagus, strictures, Zenker's diverticulum) and to rule out any hernia. they will also check for H.Pylori infection in your stomach which can also cause very strong halitosis. You will need a motility test measure the ability of your esophagus to propel food down into your stomach. you will also need a PH Bravo test to see if you are refluxing acid or bile or both (as these are treated differently) and a barium swallow, upper GI X-ray to evaluate.

If you have made it this far, here is where I would be at as of now. I believe that many people have LPR and it is indirectly causing halitosis. The acid itself will not smell, but it will set in motion a chain of events that will lead to chronic halitosis. Medication will limit the severity of the acid coming up your throat but it will not stop the material from coming up and depositing pepsin which is what's doing all the damage. Also, long term use of PPI medication has serious side affects and can lower your stomach enough to allow H.Pylori to rear it's ugly head. Since reflux is caused by a structural deformity, you will need surgery to fix it. Nissen funduplication, Tif procedure, etc will serve to fix any hernia and strengthen and create a sphincter (LES) which would stop gas and fluid from washing back up your
Esophagus and causing all these problems. These surgeries are not without risk and may not last forever, and may, at some point need to be redone or modified but I have read many success stories with all symptoms gone (no bad acid taste, globes sensation in throat, nasal drop, excess mucus, etc). Reflux and in particular LPR are the worst and can make your life hell. The single best thing I ever did for this problem was to buy a giant wedge that goes under my mattress and elevates the head of my bed 6 inches. No more waking up choking in the middle of the night :)

These are the main causes from from what I know through my years of battling halitosis. my breath can be bad in the morning because the mucus drys when I sleep but it quickly gets better upon waking. I do have a chronic cough from reflux and some mucus in my throat after eating from years of reflux and now I'm not responding well to medication. However, my breath is much better as I am diligent about inspecting my throat for stones and rubbing my crypts every day with peroxide. I am currently being worked up for surgery to fix a 2cm hiatal hernia and a weak LES. I had Barrett's esophagus the first time I was scoped back in 2005 but it has not returned since being on medication all these years. If the surgery does not cure my last bit of bad breath, that will be hard for me, but I can anticipate it at least getting better as I will no longer need to take high doses of nexium which drys my mouth so that itself should improve my morning breath.

I am sorry to hijack this thread and I know this is long but I do hope I can bring some knowledge to this forum. I have seen and tried so many stupid things to rid myself of this embarrassing problem. My only hope is that I can keep people from wasting time and money and things that simply won't ever work or are just band aids. yeast infections, leaky gut, oil pulling, vitamin this, vitamin that, apple cider vinegar, fasting, digestive enzymes, probiotics, grape seed extract, detox, golden seal, yada yada yada, it's all just bullshit. Be smart, be logical and find your problem. Then try like hell to fix it.
pdefender
Total Newbie

This is how to cure your BB condition

Post by pdefender »

most of the people who have BB do not know what is causing it, they go to the doctors and the doctor will tell them this or that is causing the problem and do this or do that and they will end up where they start, ie with BB still there. I tell you where the problem is, it is in your mouth. and the cause is in your mouth not any where else.

The solution for any type of bad breath is very easy, you do not need to go to any doctor or buy any expensive product. it is very easy solution that will not cost you anything. you have to focus on your mouth because it is where the BB come from.

most of the people with BB brush their teeth., but they do not know how to brush them the correct way. if you do not brush the correct way you will end up with bad breath. most of the people with BB think they do not need to learn how to brush because it is easy, just put the tooth past on the brush and move it around your mouth. brushing correctly is the key to fresh breath.

To solve your problem do the following:

1- go to your dentist and ask for deep cleaning by name. you need deep cleaning to remove bad breath material accumulated for years on you teeth and gum line. this step is very important because the other steps depends on this one

2- after doing the deep cleaning, start brushing your teeth the correct way. brush for at least 10 min every morning. this is a youtube video showing you how to brush. watch the movement of the brush inside the mouth and do your brushing the same way. brush for at least 10 min. your need to brush slowly and for long time (10 min or more).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHXOPun1cOs

3- Alway carry a bottle of water with you., drink a lot of water. water has healing powers and it will help clean your mouth and your body and help your body fight BB germs. keep the bottle handy and drink even if you are not thirsty.

if you follow these three steps, believe me you will be very happy person and thank me.
jamesmcavoy

Re: This is how to cure your BB condition

Post by jamesmcavoy »

@ pdefender

No offence but u r at very basic knowledge .
Bb causing wisdom tooth is easily removable but most of suffers here are at very complex situation .
May be u are new
betterdays

really?!

Post by betterdays »

@pdefender

Your post is offensive and ignorant. If brushing correctly and deep cleanings were the problem we would all be cured with one visit to the dentist office. And all bb doesn't originate in the mouth genius! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic