Your Email Address:

First Name:

a possible cause?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
walkingobsenity
Total Newbie

a possible cause?

Post by walkingobsenity »

Im trying to find a solution for my husband and really for both our sakes to his bad breath issue. An oral cause has been ruled out, His diet has never really been "good" and usually caused him several bathroom trips above normal which would always be proceeded by stomach cramps etc and land him in the bathroom for almost an hour. We have changed his diet and just these last two weeks it has been a dramatic improvement. Till the first time he had a bowel movement and then the bad breath reared its ugly head. Its bad enough to the point it smells just as bad as what he did in the bathroom. But before he walked in there it was perfectly fine.. Does this seem logical? We have tried all the different mouthwashes and rinses and if its strong enough it at least will mask it for 5 minutes to where you only smell the over powering mint but it just doesn't cut it. Hes self conscious of it, I try not to say anything because I know he cant help it but I try to stay a safe distance because it gets to the point if hes within 2 feet I start gagging. Weve done the good probiotics for months too and nothing. The only thing so far seems to be the diet change and getting him eating healthier and more lean foods but as soon as he uses the bathroom its back? Thanks for anyone who has any advice!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sorry if this seems an insulting question to you or anyone else, but how sure are you it's his actual breath that smells?

If you can't get within 2 feet of the poor guy, you may be making an incorrect assumption.

Have you seen a doctor?

He may have something simple where odours are leaking from his behind.

He may have some serious health issues which are allowing the odours from his large intestine to enter his bloodstream.
jamesmcavoy

hi

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Hey that looks terrible .
Usually when bb is associated with bowels ,its good to keep urself away from constipation but in ur hubby's case , its whole opposite .
My advise is use 'tri-phala choorna ' with warm water .

Plus a cleanse is advised followed by mineral supply .
This should definitly help .
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

In my ebook you can find more info, I would say each morning make him green smoothie, youtube it.... then let him tak Zinc tablets each day one, check about any smell around any tooth etc....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
walkingobsenity
Total Newbie

halitosisux wrote:Sorry if this seems an insulting question to you or anyone else, but how sure are you it's his actual breath that smells?

If you can't get within 2 feet of the poor guy, you may be making an incorrect assumption.

Have you seen a doctor?

He may have something simple where odours are leaking from his behind.

He may have some serious health issues which are allowing the odours from his large intestine to enter his bloodstream.
He has not seen a doctor, He just barely got insurance but with his job taking time off is not an option sadly as much as he wants to. But yes I am positive that its his breath, I should have stated within 2 feet if hes talking. If his mouth is closed, there is nothing. The second he starts talking its awful :( Or laying in bed and he tries to kiss me, same thing as soon as his mouth opens.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

yes because the cause is in his throat and in his mouth, the whole area, I told you to buy him zinc tablets, also check his mouth for molars.....

this is what we go through with partners that do not have bad breath, this is a pure scenario right here.

Bad breath ruining the relationship, I am sure this woman is thinking about divorce, not her fault. I would run too.
walkingobsenity
Total Newbie

definitely wouldnt divorce him over such a thing that would be silly. His molars are fine, Zinc is ordered. Im trying to figure out why its only bad after a bowel movement. its literally the ONLY time.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It's serious if he's started running to the bathroom like that and with this coinciding with his BB (assuming this to be the case)

He really needs to see a doctor. Have you tried any elimination diets? Cutting out gluten for example. Bowel problems such as IBS and gluten or wheat intolerance/allergy, are well known to cause bad breath by the blood/lung pathway. Nothing whatsoever to do with the bacteria in the mouth.
walkingobsenity
Total Newbie

halitosisux wrote:It's serious if he's started running to the bathroom like that and with this coinciding with his BB (assuming this to be the case)

He really needs to see a doctor. Have you tried any elimination diets? Cutting out gluten for example. Bowel problems such as IBS and gluten or wheat intolerance/allergy, are well known to cause bad breath by the blood/lung pathway. Nothing whatsoever to do with the bacteria in the mouth.

Nothing specific has been targeted for elimination on his diet yet but I have often wondered about things like gluten etc at least causing him the stomach issue when he was in the bathroom and it was a "RIGHT NOW!" type situation. Hes a truck driver which means truck stop food, fast food, or whatever in a can that could be quickly reheated. Right now I make everything for the week portioned out properly (since he tended to over eat at one sitting and I thought that might be the cramps) with just better food. Such as baked chicken and steamed vegetables for dinner, salads, sandwiches on ocassion with homemade bread. It has lessened his bathroom attacks to at least a normal person level and the BB was absolutely gone after a week! ( I only see him on weekends) He was fine saturday morning then he used the bathroom in the afternoon and then all evening it was back. He had a GI study done when he was a teen and the doctors leaned towards IBS but inconclusive. And trust me as soon as his company lets him have time off. Hes going into the doc!!!!!!!!
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I am not sure if you are joking or not, but seems to me you dont love him at all.

Stop ****ing around woman, this your writing seems so weird, I will pass on this post, if other will answer let them do. But based on your writing you seems to me like a pistachio nut bar factor 10
walkingobsenity
Total Newbie

Thanks to all the above who actually left some helpful suggestions.

But to the site owner Jimi. I don't think you are in a place to judge me when I am trying to find resources to help my husband because he is unable to see a doctor. If I didn't love him I would divorce him over something trivial like this as you suggested you would do yourself in my place. You want to talk about my writing seeming weird? I have to very carefully read what you write due to your use of broken English.

So again guys thanks for the suggestions, Jimi I don't think its wise to belittle people when you are trying to sell something to people seeking help.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

Amen sister!
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

walkingobsenity wrote:Thanks to all the above who actually left some helpful suggestions.

But to the site owner Jimi. I don't think you are in a place to judge me when I am trying to find resources to help my husband because he is unable to see a doctor. If I didn't love him I would divorce him over something trivial like this as you suggested you would do yourself in my place. You want to talk about my writing seeming weird? I have to very carefully read what you write due to your use of broken English.

So again guys thanks for the suggestions, Jimi I don't think its wise to belittle people when you are trying to sell something to people seeking help.
but just that tone, of your talking like you a re on a brink of divorce, come on, it is so obvious for god sake, he will be better off with another woman I am thinking or even alone.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

Jimi she never mentioned divorce until you did and she said she would never divorce him.

We need her! This is awesome that she went on here! She can try things out on her husband and let us know what worked.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

walking - it sounds like it might be a bile thing. Maybe get his pancreas checked. Or it could be a sugar thing…could be diabetes. It may also be that he has little stomach acid due to low potassium. In which case you can try potassium and digestive enzymes.

That tamarind that was mentioned in a recent post might help. Also ginger is good for the tummy.

Please keep us posted! We need you to! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic