Your Email Address:

First Name:

WHAT HELPED ME AND WHAT DIDN'T - HEADS UP

Tell us your story with bad breath
Happygirl
Total Newbie

WHAT HELPED ME AND WHAT DIDN'T - HEADS UP

Post by Happygirl »

Hi, my friend just told me about this site. She had a serious problem, hopefully me problem wasn't as bad as hers, lol. i noticed her Dad had the same problem. Strange. So I tried ALL the different mouthwashes and toothpastes made for bad breath, the ones at drug stores as well as the ones online. I won't name them or Jimi will cry. :P I don't want to be falsely accused of trying to promote any one product. [-X So anyway, I went to the doctor to get tested for stomach bacteria because a friend got rid of her problem once she got rid of the bacteria. There was no overgrowth of bacteria in my stomach or small intestines. I took at the latest tests. Nothing. Every time I brushed my teeth and used extra strength mouthwash, my problem would calm down a little an hour after brushing and rinsing, then return just as bad as it was before or worse 2 or 3 hours later. I also went to a dentist (he was even one that ran a bad breath clinic in Los Angeles) and spent 1000s (I don't have insurance) to get all my crowns and fillings replaced and deep cleaning and all that. Still my problem lingered. Doctor, Dentist, every mouthwash, herbal or homeopathic remedy known man, all that combined I would say I've spent around $7000 to beat this problem. I found a little success with this one remedy, although my problem has not gone away completely. I found that if I put some drops of this special product made of peppermint, almond and spearmint oil (the extra strength version) in my mouthwash (extra strength)made for bad breath helps to make my breath feel fresh, however I don't know if it also makes it smell fresh. My husband sometimes says after a brush my teeth and rinse my breath smells like a "shitty cough drop" (he says the with love). He also says it calms down, but doesn't disappear, in around and hour and stays OK for a couple hours. I keep brushing, flossing, and rinsing every few hours and if I can after every meal. This really helps. I still have this problem and I will keep working on it. All I can suggest is a little research to find a Bad Breath Clinic in your area might help you. I will see another one just in case he can help. There are also gastroenterologists who specialize in Bad Breath. Happy Googeling and good luck! I haven't read Jimi's The Ultimate Guide to Bad Breath, but I will now. Message me if you know any other remedies, thanks \:D/

jamesmcavoy

Re: WHAT HELPED ME AND WHAT DIDN'T - HEADS UP

Post by jamesmcavoy »

"...or jimi will cry " , thats too funny !!!
Anyways if u truely think ur bb occurs coz of gastro problem , those drops should not help u .think of it
betterdays

Post by betterdays »

That fact that you have someone to tell you what works and what doesn't is amazing. I am coming to terms with the fact that I may be battling this for the rest of my life. I try not to let it get me down though. I just do what I can to maintain the bb. I don't have the finances to get all these different test and procedures done.
pdefender
Total Newbie

Post by pdefender »

betterdays wrote:That fact that you have someone to tell you what works and what doesn't is amazing. I am coming to terms with the fact that I may be battling this for the rest of my life. I try not to let it get me down though. I just do what I can to maintain the bb. I don't have the finances to get all these different test and procedures done.
Hello,

To solve your problem (and believe me when I say to solve it) do the following:

1- go to your dentist and ask for deep cleaning by name. you need deep cleaning to remove bad breath material accumulated for years on you teeth and gum line and beneath the Gum. this step is very important because the other steps depends on this one. look at the following youtube video to get an idea about deep cleaning. again this is very important step if you are serious about getting rid of your BB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEqLBc1TlkI

2- after doing the deep cleaning, start brushing your teeth the correct way. brush for at least 10 min every morning. brushing the correct way involve how you move your tooth brush to clean your teeth. the tooth brush should move vertically to clean each arch separately and make sure the bristle get between the tooth while brushing. do not brush your teeth with circular motion as many dentist will tell you, that is not the correct way, the motion should be up and down for each arch. these are a youtube video showing you how to brush. watch the movement of the brush inside the mouth and do your brushing the same way. brush for at least 10 min. you need to brush slowly and for long time and follow the instruction in the youtube.(10 min or more). also do not forget to scrub and brush your tongue too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHXOPun1cOs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzXRehGBEOg

3- Water: it is very important to drink a lot of water during the day. people who does not suffer from BB and who do not drink water many times during the day will develop BB during that day. Therefor always carry a bottle of water with you., drink a lot of water. water has healing powers and it will help clean your mouth and your body and help your body fight BB germs. keep the bottle handy and DRINK EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT THIRSTY. this is a very important step to keep your breath fresh for the rest of the day.

if you follow these three steps, BELIEVE me you will be very happy person and thank me.
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

pdefender wrote: Hello,

To solve your problem (and believe me when I say to solve it) do the following:

1- go to your dentist and ask for deep cleaning by name. you need deep cleaning to remove bad breath material accumulated for years on you teeth and gum line and beneath the Gum. this step is very important because the other steps depends on this one. look at the following youtube video to get an idea about deep cleaning. again this is very important step if you are serious about getting rid of your BB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEqLBc1TlkI

2- after doing the deep cleaning, start brushing your teeth the correct way. brush for at least 10 min every morning. brushing the correct way involve how you move your tooth brush to clean your teeth. the tooth brush should move vertically to clean each arch separately and make sure the bristle get between the tooth while brushing. do not brush your teeth with circular motion as many dentist will tell you, that is not the correct way, the motion should be up and down for each arch. these are a youtube video showing you how to brush. watch the movement of the brush inside the mouth and do your brushing the same way. brush for at least 10 min. you need to brush slowly and for long time and follow the instruction in the youtube.(10 min or more). also do not forget to scrub and brush your tongue too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHXOPun1cOs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzXRehGBEOg

3- Water: it is very important to drink a lot of water during the day. people who does not suffer from BB and who do not drink water many times during the day will develop BB during that day. Therefor always carry a bottle of water with you., drink a lot of water. water has healing powers and it will help clean your mouth and your body and help your body fight BB germs. keep the bottle handy and DRINK EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT THIRSTY. this is a very important step to keep your breath fresh for the rest of the day.

if you follow these three steps, BELIEVE me you will be very happy person and thank me.
Are you going to post this in every single thread?

If it was as simple as that a lot of us would be cured by now!!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for the info. Please don't keep repeating the exact same thing though!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic