Your Email Address:

First Name:

My story and some help needed

Tell us your story with bad breath
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

halitosisux wrote:I can't wait to hear how you get on with Forevermints.
I'm considering making an order for these too. It's a shame they have to be so expensive though. I need to have something like this handy for when my mouth gets dry etc. I still use xylitol Smints but I would like it if they could last longer.
If you buy Forever Mints directly from the company's website, it's $19.99 for 100 mints. It's not too much more expensive than Xylimelt (I paid 17.99 for 80 mints,,, so technically forever mints are cheaper). I will keep you posted on the results. I have a BBQ party tomorrow night and I plan on using the mint after meal.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hope things go well at the BBQ!
Thanks for your info. I guess it's a reasonable price if the whole concept works. I'll wait to hear how you get on and then I might order one container of 100 for $19.99. If they are worth it, I'll then order 3 containers where you get the 4th for free.

It's annoying how these companies who call themselves a business, can't have better distribution and sell locally in each country, or at least locally on Amazon.

Nespresso where are you from?
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

halitosisux wrote:Hope things go well at the BBQ!
Thanks for your info. I guess it's a reasonable price if the whole concept works. I'll wait to hear how you get on and then I might order one container of 100 for $19.99. If they are worth it, I'll then order 3 containers where you get the 4th for free.

It's annoying how these companies who call themselves a business, can't have better distribution and sell locally in each country, or at least locally on Amazon.

Nespresso where are you from?
Thank you. I live in Seattle.

I am with you regarding distribution. I wish I can buy this stuff over the counter. Maybe other non-pharma breath mints and gum products are pushing the little guys out. I got two x 100 and got free shipping. If I like it, I will order buy 3, get 4.

I haven't received the mints yet but I am expecting to get them in about 4 hours. The BBQ is in about 8 hours. I will keep you posted.
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

Okay so the mints came.

First impression... These mints are TINY.

Why didn't they make it a larger and make it last longer??

They also don't stick as well as Xylimelt. I am sure I will get used to it.

Flavor is quite nice. Light mint and it has this cooling sensation. It tastes like altoids but weaker. Nice.

I had it in my mouth for about 30 minutes now. It looks like it will last at least another 30 minutes but not sure about 2 hours. I will report back after the bbq tonight.
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

Edited.
Last edited by Nespresso on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

Okay wow

These little mints do work!

I was at the party from 3:30 until about 11:30.

No reactions today. I probably drank about 7 beers and I consumed chicken breast, pineapple, and tomato (I was super hungry by the time I was leaving). I used 3 mints and 1 xylimelt total. These mints do last more than 2 hours. Last few minutes weren't as strong as when I popped them into my mouth but they were effective. I think I like these better than xylimelt. Similar but smaller and better.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Great news Nespresso.
Even if I know I don't have BB, I simply haven't got the confidence [yet] to breathe closely into someone else's face without being able to taste something artificial in my mouth like a mint or a recent drink that leaves some lingering taste in my mouth. Mints and chewing gums have always helped my confidence (whether they helped my breath or not I don't know) but chewing gums gave me stomach ulcers and they aren't always acceptable and not easy to hide in the mouth, and mints don't last long enough. So these long lasting mints will be a godsend to me.

I'm going to write to the manufacturers to see what can be done to reduce the price for forum members. If they have faith in their product they'll surely be happy to engage with us in this way. I think a lot of companies are too scared to engage with us because they know they make such unrealistic claims, that negative feedback is inevitable. But a mint is just a mint, except these last longer. We already know if mints help us or not. So there shouldn't be much risk of negative feedback.

I'd be happy to spend $19.99 per month, but for that I'd want unlimited number of mints. I don't want to have to think about how many I'm using - I might want to use them continuously (understandably for someone with BB related psychological damage). Using them continuously, I'd potentially need about 8 per day! At that rate it would cost a fortune and no longer be a viable solution. But if they agreed to sell to individual people like us, the amount we need for $19.99/month, then this would be a better solution. They need to understand we're not the normal people who are just scared of their breath smelling of coffee or what they just ate, it's far deeper than that for us.

Please keep updating us with how you get on, and good luck!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Forgot to mention, I'm also going to see whether they could try making longer lasting versions, even just a batch for us to test to begin with. On their website they mention they can be made to last for hours if they wanted to.

They said the reason they make them last for 2 hours is purely because this is the practical length of time the average person would want a mint to last for. But I'd like a choice of long lasting version and 2 hour versions.
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

Yeah that would be awesome.

I would pay more to have mint that last longer.

At first I was doubting because I felt like these mints were melting too fast and they are so tiny. They just stay melted on your gum/teeth and they continue to work. It takes time getting used to it but I am now on day two and they work great. It was a beautiful day today so my wife and I invited some friends over for drinks and again no reactions today. These mints kept my mouth moist. These mints definitely last longer than xylimelt. If these were the same size of xylimelt, they will probably last 8 - 9 hours lol
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

That's an interesting point, that by simply making them larger they would last longer. I guess by being larger they would also be proportionally stronger too, which would be a nice choice to have.

They definitely need to consider making different sizes or adjusting the melt-time (which as we know, they have already said can be done).

I'm really pleased for you that this is working. I'll keep you informed. I don't have any money to spare to buy any yet, but I'll see if they're willing to send me a sample. If they work then I'll get a loan for a few thousand's worth!
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

halitosisux wrote:That's an interesting point, that by simply making them larger they would last longer. I guess by being larger they would also be proportionally stronger too, which would be a nice choice to have.

They definitely need to consider making different sizes or adjusting the melt-time (which as we know, they have already said can be done).

I'm really pleased for you that this is working. I'll keep you informed. I don't have any money to spare to buy any yet, but I'll see if they're willing to send me a sample. If they work then I'll get a loan for a few thousand's worth!
I tried the mint again in real work setting. I put one in my mouth at 9:30am and it lasted until about 12:30pm. So it lasted good 3 hours. I was drinking water during this time so maybe it would have lasted even longer if I didn't.

I don't think I was getting any reactions today, but sometimes some people act like they're giving you reactions... I had a meeting in a conference room with two of my clients. One person gave me no reactions and the other person was once in awhile. maybe I am reading into this too much haha.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It's a well known fact in psychology, that as long as we're looking for a reaction, then we'll always get one!

But, we know a bad breath reaction when we get one - but then so do confirmed halitophobics. So the reality is, we can never know the absolute truth about our breath. We can only learn to trust what we're told.

I'm glad to read you're getting to "grips" with these mints and making them last this long.

I've written a short intro letter to Forevermints, but it was only sent through their contact-me link on their website, so I can't even be sure if they get it or not. I hope they respond, and then eventually we can perhaps arrange for discounts and better pricing structures in return for honest feedback and invaluable publicity for them. Hopefully if all this works out they'll help Jimi and pay for an advertisement on here.

Here's what I said:-
Hello,
I belong to an internet forum created by chronic halitosis sufferers with the purpose of helping chronic halitosis sufferers come together and openly share their knowledge and experiences - badbreathhalitosis.com. My forum ID is halitosisux. We have around 25,000 registered members from all over the world.

I cannot even begin to describe the mental suffering we all go through with this problem and how how deeply this impacts in every area of our lives. Most of us are barely managing to keep our head above water, but yet most of us have gone to the ends of the world just to try to find some relief, mostly resulting in devastating failure and utter exasperation at the apparent lack of progress being made, both in terms of research to understand our problem, and in the development and application of new ideas to simply help reduce our odour.

However, I would like to inform you that a number of our members have tried your product and nearly all of them have replied with very positive feedback.

You are most welcome to join us on our forum where perhaps we could work together to help further develop your products. We are a wealth of first-hand knowledge and experience. There have already been a number of discussions on ways we'd like your products to be tailored and adapted more closely to the needs of those who suffer with chronic halitosis.

I look forward to any response.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I haven't received any replies. Maybe they are too scared of bad publicity because they know that it's only for people scared of a bit harmless onion or cake breath.

It's a shame because something like this could be developed to release all kinds of chemical compounds like silver or zinc etc, but maybe they are like everyone else out there with commercial interests at heart, and don't want to shoot themselves in the foot.

I'll give them a try though, and report back, as soon as I can afford to buy some and whatever extortionate price I'll have to pay for shipping.

If I had stink coming from anywhere else, I'd be able see a doctor and get the medicine I need on prescription, but because we don't count as humans, we have to go to the drug dealers.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Nespresso, if you're still about, how are you getting on with these mints?
I've got enough saved now to order a batch. I won't bother if you don't think they're worth it though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic