Your Email Address:

First Name:

metronidazole\flagyl\metrogyl

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
yarahe

metronidazole\flagyl\metrogyl

Post by yarahe »

hello,

suffering from bad breath 10 years.
i don't know what was the reason but i know that it was more or less after my appendix removed. the appendix was perforated so i stayed for a week in the hospital to have antibiotics to avoid infections in the body. after that i had h.pylori infection and i took 3 cycles of antibiotic treatment. again i don't know if these occasions are the reason for my bb.

i've been checked by dentists ent and gastroentrologist. everybody says i'm ok and don't see a problem.

the only thing that ever helped me is when i took flagyl for one week and the bb was gone. but when i finished the course of flagyl the bb came again.

does anyone tried flagyl and felt good and when he finish the therapy the bb came back? or there are some people who got cured with the flagyl?

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Please look through the forum. There are hundreds of posts relating to your questions.

I remember a long long time ago, when I first set out to try to solve my BB, reading about the fact that appendicitis can cause bad breath. There's probably a number of ways that can happen, but perhaps in some way it might relate to your BB, even though you have had your appendix removed.

Are you certain you have eradicated your h. pylori?
yarahe

Post by yarahe »

i tried to find posts on metronidazole but it's too messy. maybe we can concetrate everything here.
about the h.pylori for sure i don't have it. i've been through gastroscopy two months ago. everything was ok.

i'm not sure about the appendicitis. what i'm sure is that something makes the proliferation of anaerobic bacteria in my mouth.
maybe i have a problem with my saliva because it's really foamy and thick and sticky.

i'm very interesting hearing people who took metronidazole and got cured and didn't have relapse of bb.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

You need to investigate your dry mouth issues.
I don't know why it's too messy for you to just enter metronidazole in the forum search box and read through all the experiences.
jamesmcavoy

advise

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Dont go for metro .

Its gonna kick your life and not ur bb
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Can't ignore the fact that some people have been permanently cured of chronic halitosis after taking metronidazole.

Of course there's always the risk of making it worse, if other bacteria are responsible for the halitosis, by killing off bacteria that are helping to keep these "bad" bacteria under control.

I think generally there's more chance of a good outcome than a bad one, through trying a short course of metronidazole.
yarahe

Post by yarahe »

halitosisux actually i have a strange feeling in my mouth.

i have really stick foamy saliva and my mouth feels dry and when i eat dry foods like cookies i my voice "stuck" (sorry for my english). i feel the food doesn't go down through smoothly. i feel my throat and mouth dry and my saliva is roapy and really really frothy.
it's not dryness that i don't have enough saliva. i have a lot saliva and when i speak i sprinkle a lot.

maybe the problem is that my saliva doesn't wash the food good enough and the bacteria is flourishing.

that's why when i took the flagyl it kills the bacteria but it's not the root of the problem. maybe the root problem is the saliva disorder.the thing is that lozengs doesn't help my saliva. what medication can i try? which doctor should i see?[/quote]
jamesmcavoy

yarahe

Post by jamesmcavoy »

I know ur mouth feeling .
I had it before .this is due to our highly furry tongue (not sure if ur tongue is furry enough) .
eat pinapple alot for 2 days swish it fully in ur mouth .
After this u will feel less food stuck in ur mouth .try this .
U might get idea wht to do next
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Yes it might be the furry tongue. Could also be an allergy or response to something, such as an ingredient in your toothpaste for example. If you haven't seen a doctor about it yet, then that's what you should do next. There could be a very simple explanation.

Please don't forget to let us know how you get on.
jamesmcavoy

hi halitosux

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Hi halitosux ,
I would like to tell you abt a drink . As i am from india , here in summer ,they sell a drink on thd street here which is called 'neera' . It is taken out from coconut trees .its sweet in taste and very healthy .it cures any digestive illnesses ,improves digestion and has many other effects .
When i had it 3 times in 2 days ,my furry tongue went away with very less bb (almost no bb , 10 minutes after brushing with toothpaste) only food odor .
Any ways i have alot of ciggerates and milk out of frustration and mental undtability so it came back .
It has hPpened a couple of times . Ofcourse out of laziness and carelessness with my body i have plenty of ciggerates
Just for ur info .
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi. Interesting. I think coconut oil (and coconut milk?) is supposed to have powerful antimicrobial properties. Maybe this drink has too and that it's acting directly in your mouth while it's in your mouth? It could also be acting on your gut flora and then having some kind of beneficial effect that then leads to reduction of the coating.

Remember that coating isn't just one thing. Mostly it's the same as the biofilm that forms on teeth - PLAQUE - easy to remove. It's also your own sloughed cells and keratin - keratin is what fingernails and hair are made of. The more keratin, the harder it probably becomes to have a clean looking tongue. And most people who have ever worried about BB know that you have to scrape and scrub like mad to get to the "cause" of bad breath - which is great for removing the biofilm, but very bad when the tongue starts trying to protect itself from damage by increasing the amount of keratin and a vicious circle starts where scraping hardly achieves anything.

This would also explain why some people can naturally have visibly white tongue and no bad breath, and some can have a normal looking tongue yet still have bad breath that originates from the tongue surface.
jamesmcavoy

halito

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Exactly ,u are right 100% .
Thats why bb people's tongues are completly white and not just back parts .
People scrap it so roughly that tongue has to produce keratin in defence mechanism . More keratin cause more surface area to poliferate for bacteria .
Interesting point about that drink is ,u can cool it up to certain low temperature but should not by keeping it into refrigerator .there are other ways to cool it like using an earthen pot as container .
However after 2 days u get it from the coconut tree ,it turns to a strong alcoholic liquor (called 'taadi' ) .
After turning into taadi ,its only advantage remains that is 'it gets u high ' .

Its so cheap ,like lemonade on the streets of america .

Question for u
A
After having cigerrate ,is ur breath like that of smokers stench ?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I don't smoke anymore, but while I did and my breath was it's very worst, I had the confidence to talk into anyone's face while I was smoking, but a minute or two after I would have the total reverse and my mouth stopped tasting of "pleasant" cigarettes and start tasting like I'd just been eating camel shit again.
jamesmcavoy

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Have u got a girlfried halitosux ?
I dont know how its like to be with a girl .
jamesmcavoy

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Have u got a girlfried halitosux ?
If u hav ,how is her behaviour with u ?
I dont know how its like to be with a girl .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic